[SAS/NOH] - who will Bowen injure now ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I guess I'm the only Kings Fan here that wants the Spurs to win... That's cool though; it's not like my world is going to end if the Hornets win... I just don't want them to; if they were playing anybody other than San Antonio, I'd probably root for them.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
He was going for a layup and Bonzi Flagrant 1-ed him. ;)

It was a "Remember me?" game by Bonzi. First that foul (2nd quarter) then 8 straight points in the 4th.
Yeah, they gave him a Flagrant 1 on that, but it was questionable. He got him in the face and that is what did it, I'm sure. He did go for the ball and the angle and Bowen own motion ended up in the face shot.

He was going for a layup and Bonzi Flagrant 1-ed him. ;)

It was a "Remember me?" game by Bonzi. First that foul (2nd quarter) then 8 straight points in the 4th.
Ohhhh. Thanks bozzwell. Gotta love Bonzi. I hope he pulls down 18 boards like he did for us 2 years ago.

does chris paul come off as cocky/arrogant to anyone else here, or is it just me??
I don't know the dude, but in all his interviews and appearances he appears extremely enthusiastic and earnest budding NBA superstar. He seems to go to extreme lengths in giving credit to his teammates and coach in post game interviews/conferences to the point of exaggerating.

Also, if you read articles about him and his brother (who is also his manager) and how they live and breathe this NBA thing (again going to some extremes, like buying two adjacent condos and using one to host visiting players) I don't know where arrogance would come in.

Still, to do what he does in almost every game, he must have so much confidence in his own ability, is that cocky and arrogant? I say no.

I guess I'm the only Kings Fan here that wants the Spurs to win... That's cool though; it's not like my world is going to end if the Hornets win... I just don't want them to; if they were playing anybody other than San Antonio, I'd probably root for them.
I like the Spurs too, but I'd rather root for the Hornets. I guess it boils down to the fact that you have Peja/Bonzi on one side and Bowen/Horry/Finley on the other.

I don't know the dude, but in all his interviews and appearances he appears extremely enthusiastic and earnest budding NBA superstar. He seems to go to extreme lengths in giving credit to his teammates and coach in post game interviews/conferences to the point of exaggerating.

Also, if you read articles about him and his brother (who is also his manager) and how they live and breathe this NBA thing (again going to some extremes, like buying two adjacent condos and using one to host visiting players) I don't know where arrogance would come in.

Still, to do what he does in almost every game, he must have so much confidence in his own ability, is that cocky and arrogant? I say no.
haven't seen much of him this season, and the first round was when i really got a chance to see him play a lot. he's extremely talented, but i also thought he did a lot of sneering and playing to the crowd during the games. i guess it was emotional being in the playoffs for the first time, but it did remind me of how kobe carries himself during games.

I equate this photo to Rocky IV when Rocky finally got a good shot on Drago and made him bleed. Then Rocky's trainer was yelling in the corner after the round "YOU SEE HE'S NOT A MACHINE, HE'S A MAN!!"

GO FINISH THEM HORNETS! WHEN the Hornets win this picture will be infamous and synonymous with the moment the Spurs were broken.

I am surprised that so many are confident of a Hornets victory. I would love nothing more than to see the Spurs get creamed, but my prediction is Spurs in 7.

I am surprised that so many are confident of a Hornets victory. I would love nothing more than to see the Spurs get creamed, but my prediction is Spurs in 7.
gutsy, a game 7 win on the road for the spurs you think?

i'm not sure, i think they are too old and clunky to go 7 and pull off a series, especially without home court. the only way I see the Spurs winning it is in 6, but I still will predict Hornets in 5.

The Spurs have at times shown tentativeness in tough situations, but it'll take an 0-2 deficit to even think of that happening. More often than not, they've righted the ship on the road throughout the years. Gm2 is probably about as pivotal in this series for NO as a Gm7 would be.

Last edited:
The Spurs have at times shown tentativeness in tough situations, but it'll take an 0-2 deficit to even think of that happening. More often than not, they've righted the ship on the road throughout the years. Gm2 is probably about as pivotal in this series for NO as a Gm7 would be.
I agree. If the Spurs win game 2, I don't think that the Hornets would be able to take the home court advantage back. If the Hornets win, I don't think that Hornets would lose 4 in a row, so the worst for them that could happen would be a game 7 at home.

Go Hornets!!!

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I like the Spurs too, but I'd rather root for the Hornets. I guess it boils down to the fact that you have Peja/Bonzi on one side and Bowen/Horry/Finley on the other.
Yeeeeaaah... I'm totally not seeing that as a reason to root for the Hornets over the Spurs...

Not only that, but any Kings Fan who hates the Lakers should want the Spurs to win, because the Spurs are the only team in the west that can beat the Lakers. You heard it here first: the Hornets. Can't. Beat. The Lakers. The Spurs are the only hope to keep the Lakers out of the Finals.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
The Pistons don't have Kobe Bryant. He won't allow the Lakers to collapse the way Detroit did last year.

And let's not suffer from any delusion that the Cavaliers were actually the better team; they had the best player on the court, that got hot at the right time, and a lazy Detroit team. The Hornets will neither have the benefit of a complacent opponent, nor the best player on the court.

Last edited:
Well one step at the time... Technically, the Hornets shouldn't be able to beat the Spurs either, but we'll see how that goes.

As for Lakers vs. Hornets, that series would be full of mismatches, one team's weaknesses are the other team's strongest spots. I would also give the edge to the Lakers agains Hornets, but I don't think that Spurs chances against LA are all that much better.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Whether they are "much" better is a matter of debate, but I think that their chances are significantly better.

The Lakers could beat the Spurs, too, but I stand by my statement that the Spurs are the only team in the west that can beat the Lakers.

Yeeeeaaah... I'm totally not seeing that as a reason to root for the Hornets over the Spurs...

Not only that, but any Kings Fan who hates the Lakers should want the Spurs to win, because the Spurs are the only team in the west that can beat the Lakers. You heard it here first: the Hornets. Can't. Beat. The Lakers. The Spurs are the only hope to keep the Lakers out of the Finals.
Yeah, that's my problem with rooting for the Hornets wholeheartedly. But, you never know, and I'm not sure anyone can beat the Lakers anyway. The Hornets could make it interesting, at least. Put West on Odom, Chandler on Gasol... no one on the Lakers can guard Paul... and no one on the Hornets can guard Kobe.

Mr. S£im Citrus said:
The Pistons don't have Kobe Bryant.
The Hornets are fairly up-tempo and have no stoppers. We needn't go further than this. LA has 15 straight 100 pt gms and are 59-10 when scoring 100 (they have only 3 wins by -100). They can beat teams with this collection of players and with this offense if allowed to. You have to slow down tempo and punish LA's bigs. That = SA, Det, Bos.

Status
Not open for further replies.