Lakers @ Kings Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

piksi

Hall of Famer
BEAT LA !!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Despite being only a bystander in a finest tanking performance in a half of a BB game, Kings will take the win snapping 4 games losing streak and improving to impressive 27-32 keeping our playoff hopes alive being only 8.5 games out of the finally PO spot (as usual, I am absolutely being sarcastic). Kings improved to 18-10 at home but more importantly, we avoided a huge embarrassment of being swept by the might Heat this season. Kings are the only NBA team that hasn't won a division game in the NBA despite having Clippers in the same. We are currently 0-7 and will have an opportunity to change that on Tuesday as the lakers come in town for the first time this season.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I had some time today so I went back to archives to get myself ready for Tuesday and I watched game 2 of the WCF 02. The game is better known as the " Magic Burger" game. Best meal ever made in the history of the city of Sacramento:D. It was also a must win game as there will ever be one since we lost the first one. It had hard time watching it. Kings felt pressure that night. We played poor but we fought hard and defended phenomenally despite having Adelman on the bench:p. We couldn't stop Shaq, we couldn't make a FT (especially Webber with 3-11). We played 7 man rotation and we played every possession. We could have given up many times trough the game but it never happened. Any time we were about to fall apart ARCO was there and so was Bobby. In the 3rd quarter we put good couple minutes together and went up 15 but we couldn't keep it up and they came back and it was close and we were up 93-90 with about 15 seconds to go and Webber was at the line and he was 2-9 at that point and we needed one and ARCO went from silent to a volcano as he hit the first one. Even Tyra Banks went crazy. He missed the second but the game was over since Lakers run out of timeouts. Bobby sealed it with couple more FTs and it ended 96-90. You could hear loud chants from ARCO[/COLOR]

BEAT LA !!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If You wanted to see tanking to the perfection - tonight was the night. First, the Wolves lose at home to Sonics and it took them going to overtime. A Heat win would have tied the records in the win column and Pat Riley will not have another season like this. He will do everything possible to get the best pick he can and it is a textbook work to the perfection. Pat is too good of a coach to just lose a half by 30 against a mediocre team. He could have killed the speed of the game in the 2nd half but he just let everything go and Heat stopped playing the same way they did in the first half. It was the most powerful koolaid known to mankind. Even Muss is an amateur compared to this. We took advantage of it, raised our level and avoided the ultimate embarrassment. You can believe that Kings suddenly found another gear and invented defense during the half time all You want. We did play better since we couldn't play worse but heat has absolutely no interest in winning this game and it suited us well because we were desperate for a win. Good job Pat ! You deserve any pick You get. Tanking to the perfection.
Since I like watching goo basketball I switched from the Kings game to the Rockets game for a bit and it was fun watching them play. They play some great defense and that has won them 15 in a row and they will continue to win because Adelman's teams win games without their best player - bunch of them. And it is Adelman's team. The rotation is short, they share the ball, they play for each other, they play smart and all the players are so comfortable in their roles. They won't win on talent but they will win. Adelman is a great coach. He is so great that even Refer Alston - yes that guy - looks like a pretty good NBA player. Mutombo looks like he is only 41. Landry and Scola play like allstars. No coincidence here - it has happen too many times already.
On the other hand - the guys who inherited the guy who inherited Rick is slowly but surely being tuned out to the point where I will have to start calling him - Muss junior. Occasionally, we show up to play but mainly we are just going trough the motions refusing to defend whatsoever. This isn't good because he is supposed to be here for a while and if things are already happening now - what will happen down the road ? His problem is that he wants to win badly and at all costs. That is a very professional and respectable attitude but it isn't beneficial for a team which is rebuilding or at least supposed to do so. Refusing to play "kids" and giving minutes to A.J. is hurting us much much more than any lost games. How are we supposed to evaluate those younger player if they don't get to play. We already know what A.J. can do and we aren't interested. You let kids play more and every win that You get is very valuable. Everything else is waste of time, money, nerves and everything else. The season 2007/08 is a complete waste because we accomplished nothing.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seeing that Luke - son of a retard - Walton is starting PF on the lakers team - it makes me wonder what Kenny Thomas is doing these days - for no specific reason;). I wonder if Kenny has another triple double in him ? We won't get to find that out which suck because teams that need an edge to beat lakers would stand in line for such talent. So, the best alternative to this would be - yes - Mikki Moore. Mikki should be able to dominate LW if he wasn't well Mikki Moore. Now, we all know that Mikki won't ever have a triple double because he can't catch a break or a ball for that matter. He can't get 10 assists ever because that would require a minimum of 10 completed passes to his teammates which is as possible as Mikki being selected for an all star game by fans. Maybe on Tuesday night someone else will be good enough to win Mike Bibby award - only and exclusively used for lakers games.
lakers suck and it goes way beyond records, wins, titles and things of that kind. It is a way of life if You will. There is no scale for the sucktitude. It is a set value at the maximum and it will always stay there. I could list You at least a hundred reason why it is that way but You already know all of them and probably can add more to it even thought - it is never enough. It is even gone beyond the rivalry that lost intensity because we are incapable of robbing other teams of their best players for no compensation whatsoever and we can't even rebuild the right way so it will take a while until we meet again on the big stage - but we will one day and Dickie B will still be there just in case we use chin to commit a hard foul on an elbow.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beating Heat regardless of the circumstances was important to avoid humiliation and set some positive tone and some momentum for the lakers game. We were horrible the first half. Heat returned the favor in the 2nd half and since they are much better at that game than we are - we won the game. Both teams shot 56% for the game and that tells You everything You need to know about it. Only thing that is really worth mentioning it is another great game by Beno Udrih
AWARD TIME

TDM award went to Banks but it was a weak one since he did absolutely nothing in the 2nd half just like the rest of that team.

LW-VC award went to Haslem for only having 5 rebounds in a game against the Kings which is way below the average

A.J. gets the SAR & Methuselah award by defoult

WTF moment of the game - the game
Finally a game that needs no extra motivation. We are a huge underdog and if we are supposed to play a spoiler - this would obviously be my first, second, third and only choice. We will have to play a great game, maybe the best of the season to be able to pull the upset against the team that robbed the Grizzlies and went on to win 11 of 12 games since. We match up as well as we match up with any other team. They do have better bench and the referees. Our season had been garbage and we failed to to anything to improve our situation but for one night - we have chance to forget all of that and focus on this one game and do everything possible to win it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Beno - show us that You are the best Slovenian in the NBA
Ron - foul hard, foul often and watch Your chin
Brad - time for a triple double
Mikki - do something
Kevin - light them up kid - and play defense

Salmons - see Ron
Hawes - get used to it kid
Cisco - time for a monster game

rest - mateen

Muss Junior - A.J. sucks - take him home with You, adopt him do whatever you want just keep him on the bench.
Lakers are 42-18 and 21-11 on the road. They have won 14 of 16 games and they are the NBA office pick to play Celtics in the finals. They have Kobe and Phil and bunch of other guys that we will learn to dislike. Farmer will win the TDM. LW-VC goes to Bill Walton's son. Kings win !

Last edited:
Re: Christie/Fox pic

Imagine what a tee-shirt with that image would sell for in Sactown!? I have a few spectacular seconds of the video famous punch saved on my PC desktop just for occasional - "ALLL-RIGHTTT" moments.

and on the back of tee it should say, "Don't call us Queens - you saw what can happen!"

Last edited:
Re: Christie/Fox pic

Imagine what a tee-shirt with that image would sell for in Sactown!? I have a few spectacular seconds of the video famous punch saved on my PC desktop just for occasional - "ALLL-RIGHTTT" moments.

and on the back of tee it should say, "Don't call us Queens - you saw what can happen!"
i'd buy one!

on the back it should say **** the Lakers :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was at that game...and I had a special custom made shirt for it. :D
Actually, a friend of mine made 2 for me....anyone want one?? ;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Um, hoopsie is a Laker fan. I doubt if you want the shirt she might have...

Hoopsie, behave yourself.

;)

Kobe for MVP already. KOBE! KOBE! KOBE! I want to see him and Artest throw it down streetball style. Go to Artest a lot for this game please Theus!

some of us should let go of the lakers. times have changed. we dont have any players from 2002 and they only have 2. it was never a rivalry. we never got the best of that team. horrible officiating is not their problem. they're in paradise and we're in the infernal regions of hell called the bottom of the western conference. mavericks are 1 team i hate very much, but i dont get hyped when we play them. because they're going to the playoffs and we're not. im not pleased with a 27-32 record. i dont care if we beat the lakers all 4 times. its getting old

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
My friend, this is the classic battle of David vs. Goliath. Once we had the rock in the sling, ready for the final blow, but the refs replaced our rock with a marshmallow. Yes, the entire kingdom of Judea, ancipating a might victory, was let down with a crushing defeat, a scar that will not soon be forgotten. That night, my wife openly wept at what was arguably Sacramento's finest chance at victory. No sir, I have not forgotten. Bitter? Nah. It's what makes sports "entertainment."

This game needs to be a shootout if Sac is to have a chance. "Grind it out" won't work.

yeah kobe. we'll see you tuesday jerk. who's averaging 28 a game, who had 52 last night, who's #1 in the west, who has 3 rings, who's going to the playoffs as the #1 seed. :rolleyes:

and ron artest is gona give it to you. who's averaging 17 a game, who cant shoot 3's, who cant stop josh howard from scoring, who has no rings and who's 11th place in the west. that a way to show those lakers:cool:

It's not just individual defense, it's overall defense. Our overall defense has been very spotty; come on, a 90 ppg Miami gets 109 points, Atlanta scores 123, Memphis 107 a while back...if we're to get back on track against the Lakers it has to start with defense first. The Lakers are an offensive juggernaut averaging 107, so if our sievelike defense that has been prevalent in our past couple of games gives them 120+, then I really, really don't like our chances. But it really starts with defense. And then it goes towards Artest's sanity. We really need to bring our A game to win this one, and play for two halves instead of one.

Without Bynum, Lakers are still a softy in the paint. That was evident by monster number from ........... Erick Dampier ..... lol

Just crazy that the Lakers and Kings didn't play until freakin' March and it's goin' to be crazy around the house figuring I'm a Lakers fan and the misses is a Kings fan.

Without Bynum, Lakers are still a softy in the paint. That was evident by monster number from ........... Erick Dampier ..... lol

Just crazy that the Lakers and Kings didn't play until freakin' March and it's goin' to be crazy around the house figuring I'm a Lakers fan and the misses is a Kings fan.

With your avatar...I figured your name would be "Roscoe". :p

piksi

Hall of Famer
Inlight of what is going with Artest - it would be a perfect solutuion id he chokes Kobe tomorrow night and get himself suspended

yeah kobe. we'll see you tuesday jerk. who's averaging 28 a game, who had 52 last night, who's #1 in the west, who has 3 rings, who's going to the playoffs as the #1 seed. :rolleyes:

and ron artest is gona give it to you. who's averaging 17 a game, who cant shoot 3's, who cant stop josh howard from scoring, who has no rings and who's 11th place in the west. that a way to show those lakers:cool:
ban

Status
Not open for further replies.