Gasol traded to Lakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
what does any of this matter? the kings either:

a) are focusing on making the 8th playoff spot this year,

b) are waiting for the 2010 summer to make their move, or

c) haven't even played up to their potential! we've got bibby, artest, and martin back!

ugh.

what does any of this matter? the kings either:

a) are focusing on making the 8th playoff spot this year,

b) are waiting for the 2010 summer to make their move, or

c) haven't even played up to their potential! we've got bibby, artest, and martin back!

ugh.
It matters because the L*kers suck and just got a heck of alot better. I hate the L*kers

I don't know why you guys are letting this trade get you down. The lakers really have nothing to do with us anymore and we're on two totally different timetables with them now.

What are the Grizzlies thinking? They could have traded Gasol to the Bulls and have gotten a lot more. Probably could get Nocioni and Thomas and a 1st. Plus they traded Gasol to someone in their own conference. Idiots...

I don't know why you guys are letting this trade get you down. The lakers really have nothing to do with us anymore and we're on two totally different timetables with them now.
Even though the Lakers have nothing to do with us anymore, I know a majority of the board still dislike them because they still have Kobe and Phil on that team. I know as long as Kobe is on that team, I will always hate them, even if they have nothing to do with us.

What are the Grizzlies thinking? They could have traded Gasol to the Bulls and have gotten a lot more. Probably could get Nocioni and Thomas and a 1st. Plus they traded Gasol to someone in their own conference. Idiots...
Bulls couldn't give them cap space. Memphis is priming to sell their team and they want it to appear as a flexible franchise to any suitors.

Even though the Lakers have nothing to do with us anymore, I know a majority of the board still dislike them because they still have Kobe and Phil on that team. I know as long as Kobe is on that team, I will always hate them, even if they have nothing to do with us.
I understand that, but to get really upset over this I find kinda silly because it really doesn't affect our team at all.

Imagine this Lakers lineup going into the playoffs.

PG - D. Fisher
SG - K. Bryant
C - A. Bynum
PF - P. Gasol
SF - L. Odom

VERY SCARY in the west if not straight through to face the Pistons or Celtics for NBA championship.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Boom, just like that the Lakers have managed to create a contender for the remainder of Kobe's career:

C - Andrew Bynum
PF - Pau Gasol
SF - Lamar Odom
OG - Kobe Bryant
PG - Derek Fisher

Jordan Farmar
Luke Walton
Turiaf, Mihm, Radmanovic, Ariza...

With only Fisher being over 30, and he having the heir apparent (Farmar) already splitting time wiht him and nearly ready to go.

I understand that, but to get really upset over this I find kinda silly because it really doesn't affect our team at all.
I guess it is upsetting because while we sit on our hands, our rivals manage to make deals and get better without having to give up whole lot.

yup, i agree. the only real effect it has on me is making me give our management some dirty glares.
Well Lakers are much stronger now and their chances to win against us are getting bigger,so in that way it kinda affect us:D
Anyhow,I think Memphis could've asked much more for Pau.Even though they can't do anything to save this season they could still get some better players and then trade them for some good young players or something like that...We'll see how things go,but IMO Lakers are super strong right now!

And also,for me,they are our arch rivals.It doesn't matter who plays for them,Kings - Lakers games became really exciting and since Arco is not sold out anymore maybe this will be one of the games that will atract more people to come and cheer for the Kings.I am not sure for USA,but Lakers and Kings pretty much divided Europe and European fans after those playoff games...

Gasol is one of the softest players in the league. I give it a month until Kobe has him crying like a little girl...

First off, Pau Gasol is not "one of the softest players in the league." One might say that about Brad Miller, but not Gasol. Look up his complete NBA stats and scouting reports. He's easily one of the top 10-20 best players in the league over the past few years and you don't get that high by being a wimp on offense and defense.

I rate this a one of the most depressing days in Sacramento Kings history. Almost on a par with C-Webbs injury in the playoffs against Dallas or Horry's last second shot for the Lakers playoff win.

I definitely need a stiff drink as soon as Friday happy hour starts!

First off, Pau Gasol is not "one of the softest players in the league." One might say that about Brad Miller, but not Gasol. Look up his complete NBA stats and scouting reports. He's easily one of the top 10-20 best players in the league over the past few years and you don't get that high by being a wimp on offense and defense.

I rate this a one of the most depressing days in Sacramento Kings history. Almost on a par with C-Webbs injury in the playoffs against Dallas or Horry's last second shot for the Lakers playoff win.

I definitely need a stiff drink as soon as Friday happy hour starts!
Today is Martin's birthday.

Bricklayer

what if they turn around and pull a trade like this tomorrow?

http://realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=4458638

haha no chance i know...but think of the team then

5. Bynum
4. Pau
3. Ariza or Walton
2. Kobe
1. Kidd

double you teee effff
No need for that now -- they are set. And unlike Kidd, all of these guys have a future together. That team isn't going to be out of the hunt until/unless Kobe starts slowing down at 34-35. They are all the same age or younger. Kidd is win now, retire tommorow. This crew is contend for 4,5,6 years type stuff.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I'm still apoplectic about this: so the Lakers not only get a former All-Star for nothing, but they get rid of Kwame Brown, too?

There's quote by George Carlin that I'd like to apply to the Lakers right now, but it'd never get past the filters...

Bricklayer

Today is Martin's birthday.

Well, I guess it kinda works as a gift Kevin. We still have to face the Lakers 4x this year, and now Kobe will have far less need to drop 50 on Kevin, because he has a whole stack of teammates who can do their own damage.

Bricklayer

I'm still apoplectic about this: so the Lakers not only get a former All-Star for nothing, but they get rid of Kwame Brown, too?

There's quote by George Carlin that I'd like to apply to the Lakers right now, but it'd never get past the filters...

Wouldn't happen to be him reciting all the words that specifically don't get past the filters would it? ;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I guess I must be about the only one who isn't that concerned about this. It took two future first-round draft picks to get the deal done. There's NO WAY anyone around here would have wanted to give up two picks and whatever else it might have taken to do the deal...

piksi

Hall of Famer
I guess I must be about the only one who isn't that concerned about this. It took two future first-round draft picks to get the deal done. There's NO WAY anyone around here would have wanted to give up two picks and whatever else it might have taken to do the deal...
we didn't really need an injury prone player with big contract anyways

And Lakers still suck and they always will

Go ahead and flame me, but I find this trade exciting as an NBA fan.

On balance, the trade is pretty good on both sides with an edge to the Lakers. I think competition will bring out the best in our team as well and finally get management to do something. If anything, we should be upset at Petrie for having his *** surgically sewn to hands.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Go ahead and flame me, but I find this trade exciting as an NBA fan.

On balance, the trade is pretty good on both sides with an edge to the Lakers. I think competition will bring out the best in our team as well and finally get management to do something. If anything, we should be upset at Petrie for having his *** surgically sewn to hands.
:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.