Kings Select in the 2008 NBA DRAFT??

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Petrie's choice...

Hate to bring this up, but if your looking for a typical Petrie pick, look no farther than Danilo Gallinari. SF 6'9" 209 lbs. He's a lights out shooter from everywhere on the court. Is terrific at creating his own shot off the dribble. Considered by many to be one of the best if not the best player in Europe. Of course the knock is that his defense sucks. He is susposed to be a great athlete, so its possibe that no one has asked to play defense.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Bayles

Watched todays game against Illinios. Not a great game for Bayles. Had trouble making his open shots and had trouble getting open sometimes. Came through at the end of the game and overtime, however. Its one of the things I like about him. He's there when the game is on the line.
I was impressed with Jordan Hill. He reminds me a little of Camby. Long and athletic. Apparently he didn't play much highschool basketball, so that makes him even more impressive. I think he has a big upside. Someone to keep an eye on. Hill is listed at 6' 10", which means he's probably 6' 9". He's on the thin side but looks like he has room to add weight.

Bayless impressed me a lot today, he was playing with an injured tendon in his knee and he shot 6-11 in the 2nd half. The guy is just a clutch player and he is good at passing it to guys when open. I like him a lot. Also I'm becoming a huge fan of Jordan Hill. The guy looks like he has a lot of potential IMO.

Hate to bring this up, but if your looking for a typical Petrie pick, look no farther than Danilo Gallinari. SF 6'9" 209 lbs. He's a lights out shooter from everywhere on the court. Is terrific at creating his own shot off the dribble. Considered by many to be one of the best if not the best player in Europe. Of course the knock is that his defense sucks. He is susposed to be a great athlete, so its possibe that no one has asked to play defense.
Gallinari isn't a bad defender. Not great, not bad imho.

Gallinari vs Batum in Euroleague
http://www.euroleague.net/main/results/showgame?gamecode=78

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Watched the Cal, Kansas St. game. The officiating was horrible. They treated Beasley like he was Malone. If you breathed on him it was a foul. Kansas went to the foul line 41 times in the game. Ridiculous! Poor DeVon sat out most of the first half with 2 fouls. He did block two of Beasleys shots. Should have been four, but he was called for fouls the other two times. It was a game that Cal should have won and almost did despite some of the sloppiest basketball I've seen in a while. Cal is really weak at the guard position, and if they can't fix it their not going to go far in the tournament.

Beasley had a good game as did Anderson. Hardin showed some offense around the basket with a nice jump hoop. I think that Hardin will be a better Pro than a college player. Especially in an offense that likes to run the ball.

As an aside. Watched the UCLA game and I'm still impressed with Love. The guy is solid. He's one tough hombre around the basket, and no one moves him from his position, once established.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
If Kings get the first pick overall luckily, which one should Kings pick?
Beasley reminds me of Duncan. It's almost uncanny. Except at this stage he has a better outside shot. When he gets near a ball it's like he's vaccuuming the ball into his hands, and he's aways under control. He is very special. The Kings have to suck more in order to have a chance of getting him.

Rose I haven't seen.

Mayo has trouble written all over him. Wouldn't touch him.

Brook Lopez had grade troubles at Stanford. That's not exactly a disgrace. Mayo could have a 4.0 at USC and he'd probably flunk out in semester one at Stanford. I'd take Lopez if he's available.

Hardin is a stud. I think Beasley is better, but I wouldn't be crying to much if we got Hardin. He would be an especially good compliment of Hawes.

SLEEPER PICK:

Jason Thompson 6'11" 250lbs from rider.

PPG 20.7 | APG 3.0 | RPG 11.9 | BLKS 3.2

had a good game vs Nc state
24pts, 15 rbs, 3asts, 2 blocks

also a good game vs Kansas St
24pts, 7rbds, 3asts, 4blocks, 2stls

not to shabby, but this is his worst year at the line, only 54%(ouch) last 2 years he was around 70%.

what do you guys think?

Okay, I'm completely convinced that we have to get at least DJ Augustin in this draft. I'm likening him to Steve Nash (Dallas version) with better team D, so about a borderline all-star. If we can couple him with a solid PF prospect then that is a very productive draft.

Okay, I'm completely convinced that we have to get at least DJ Augustin in this draft. I'm likening him to Steve Nash (Dallas version) with better team D, so about a borderline all-star. If we can couple him with a solid PF prospect then that is a very productive draft.

What'd he do now??? The guy reminds me of TJ Ford with Nash's J. He is SICK.

I am a fan of both DJ and Sean

D.J. Augustin
PPG 19.0 | APG 7.0 | RPG 2.2
Sean Singletary
PPG 19.3 | APG 7.2 | RPG 4.2
Jerryd Bayless
PPG 19.9 | APG 4.9 | RPG 3.5

I would pefer DJ over Sean, but.....they are both short. thats why I still would want Jerryd Bayless over any guard we might have a chance to draft, Unless we get another pick, then I would try a Hardin/Augustin combo that would be nasty.

DJ and Sean are closer to 5'9"-5'10" thats hurting on the next level....Unless your name is Earl Boykins or Nate Robinson....

a Augustin/Kmart backcourt :)

Last edited:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I am a fan of both DJ and Sean

D.J. Augustin
PPG 19.0 | APG 7.0 | RPG 2.2
Sean Singletary
PPG 19.3 | APG 7.2 | RPG 4.2
Jerryd Bayless
PPG 19.9 | APG 4.9 | RPG 3.5

I would pefer DJ over Sean, but.....they are both short. thats why I still would want Jerryd Bayless over any guard we might have a chance to draft, Unless we get another pick, then I would try a Hardin/Augustin combo that would be nasty.

DJ and Sean are closer to 5'9"-5'10" thats hurting on the next level....Unless your name is Earl Boykins or Nate Robinson....

a Augustin/Kmart backcourt :)
I also would prefer DJ over Sean, and I think that both of them are more of pure pt. than Bayless. Having said that I would still pick Bayless out of the three. I have a friend that played pro ball, and everytime I mention DJ's height he looks at me as though I'm stupid and says, If you can play the game, you can play the game, and height has nothing to do with it. He thinks that after Rose that DJ is the best pt in the draft.

Last edited:
a Augustin/Kmart backcourt :)[/quote]

Thats a nice backcourt, but then the problem would be the opposing teams bigger guards would simply abuse them...even kmart gets abused by bigger guards how much more if we get 2 light framed guards...

I do like DJ though but Jerryd would be the obvious choice...

About that extra pick how about a trade with phoenix with their pick...before you guys say phoenix says no,think about the fact that the atlanta pick is right now at pick 16....so would they jump if we offered them a piece for them to bite? That pick might get us hardin or arthur..

Yesterday in Euroleague Nicolas Batum had 24 points (10/10 from the field, 3/3 behind the arc and 1/1 from the free-throw line) 4 rebounds 4 assists 1 steal and 2 blocks...:eek:

But I still prefer Gallinari (despite I hate him, because there's rivalry between his team, Armani Jeans Milano, and my team, TiSettanta Cantù... like Kings and Lakers:D... Sunday there will be this rivalry game)

Yesterday in Euroleague Nicolas Batum had 24 points (10/10 from the field, 3/3 behind the arc and 1/1 from the free-throw line) 4 rebounds 4 assists 1 steal and 2 blocks...:eek:

But I still prefer Gallinari (despite I hate him, because there's rivalry between his team, Armani Jeans Milano, and my team, TiSettanta Cantù... like Kings and Lakers:D... Sunday there will be this rivalry game)

As, I've been saying, I'd be thrilled with us taking Batum (bar taking him ahead of someone like Rose or Beasley), pure star potential.
I like Gallinari, but I wouldn't take him over Batum. He may contribute more sooner, but Batum has far more of a chance of being a star down the road, in my opinion.