Mike Bibby wants to be a Cavalier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drew Gooden is so freakin "blah". Only if KT gets scuttled in the same deal... then ok it could be Bibby + KT for Gooden + whatever it takes to make dollars work.

I used to really want AV but that honeymoon is over - I don't care anymore about him - he's gone from underrated to way overrated imo. However maybe a resigned AV could be part of what makes the dollars work? If I'm the Cavs I sacrifice AV and Gooden for Bibby and KT - yes I do it. Bibby would thrive there!

I'm one of the few here that wants Mike to stay. Sure, he has a big contract, but he's a good character guy and he's entertaining IMO. Young PGs are hard to come by and if we get one (possibly via draft next year) then Mike will only have one year left and can show the rookies the ropes.
Maybe it's all the things he's done for this franchise that makes me not want to lose him, but I wouldn't like to see him go. I can live with a deal for Picks, kids and/or expirings but with the way TDOS has gone I'm not sure that's what we're trying to get back.

By the way, without meaning anything other than curiousity here, does anybody know what mix Mike is? He looks white on the court, but he's clearly not when seeing him in interviews, pics etc.. Just wondering.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
By the way, without meaning anything other than curiousity here, does anybody know what mix Mike is? He looks white on the court, but he's clearly not when seeing him in interviews, pics etc.. Just wondering.
I know you're curious but whatever Mike's racial mix is seems to be totally irrelevant. Let's just keep to discussing his athletic ability, etc. okay?

Thanks.

:)

I know you're curious but whatever Mike's racial mix is seems to be totally irrelevant. Let's just keep to discussing his athletic ability, etc. okay?

Thanks.

Sorry, wasn't trying to imply his race was relevant to whether we should keep him or not :eek: ! Was just wondering if anybody knew, not that it matters.

Anyways, yeah. Um...keep him. I don't want Gooden back as a centerpiece of a Bibby deal, we already have a billion big men under hefty contracts.

no, i dont think thats legit. i went to mike's camp and we asked him multiple times and he said if given the choice hed retire with the kings. if whats said is true maybe he meant if he had to be traded, hoepfully he wont be.

Mike Bibby's father is African-American (former NBA player Henry Bibby) and his mother is Caucasian. I agree it's not relevant, but just a fact. I know there's several similar mixed race NBA players, including former Sac King Doug Christie. Okay, end of the off-subject.

no, i dont think thats legit. i went to mike's camp and we asked him multiple times and he said if given the choice hed retire with the kings. if whats said is true maybe he meant if he had to be traded, hoepfully he wont be.

I think it was a "I rather play with LeBron than Wade if I have to" type of thing.

You think Bibby is going to tell a bunch of people IN Sacramento, "hey, you know what I really hope I get traded." Of course he's going to say I want to stay as a King...

dude12

Hall of Famer
Sure, he has a big contract, but he's a good character guy and he's entertaining IMO. Young PGs are hard to come by and if we get one (possibly via draft next year) then Mike will only have one year left and can show the rookies the ropes.

I'm not so sure he's a good character guy. I'm not saying he's terrible but I could think of better guys to lead. Corliss Williamson is/was a good character guy, by all accounts according to the papers, coaches comments, etc. I've never heard that about Bibby. I do remember Team Dime causing problems awhile back.

I think its interesting to hear that the guy who would stick around and work with the young guys last year was Artest. He's the guy who was willing to work with the young guys. The perception I have of Bibby is that he's selfish and doesn't have the heart to play defense. He's not the guy I want leading the young players. He belongs on a veteran team.

Mike Bibby's father is African-American (former NBA player Henry Bibby) and his mother is Caucasian. I agree it's not relevant, but just a fact. I know there's several similar mixed race NBA players, including former Sac King Doug Christie. Okay, end of the off-subject.
I believe his mother is Filipina, not Caucasian.

Whats wrong with duscussing race? Are we insinuating that:

A) Someone here is racist, or
B) Race is an issue that could/should be a source or shame or embarassment?

Its like, "Whats Uncle Charlie been up to?"

"Oh, we don't talk about that"

Of course my "race" is european and mexican, so maybe I just don't understand.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Whats wrong with duscussing race? Are we insinuating that:

A) Someone here is racist, or
B) Race is an issue that could/should be a source or shame or embarassment?

Its like, "Whats Uncle Charlie been up to?"

"Oh, we don't talk about that"

Of course my "race" is european and mexican, so maybe I just don't understand.

No, we are insinuating that race is both scientifically non-existent and completely irrelevant, especially on a sports messageboard, beyond the occasional flippant comment. That in our historical ignorance perceptions of people being different based on external factors like skin color were used as excuses for all sorts of ****ed up behavior, and that there is absolutely no reason either to be having the conversation, or to invite the potential trouble and offensiveness it could bring to a basketball messageboard. Mike Bibby is human, as were his parents. Everything else is artificial grouping, similar to the attempts to define Tiger Woods as "black".

Just thought I'd let the moderators know that I appreciate their consistent discouragement of racial talk. Race theories, observations and beliefs are the ultimate example of the human need to make conclusions based on inadequate information. No matter how enlightened we are individually, race beliefs are like a virus that we all carry with us, but are best left in a dormant state.

Sorry for bringing the whole thing up, had no idea it would spark a whole thread about race. I was just wondering what race he was, I'm interested in things like this and although it's completely irrelevant and doesn't technically exist, people do have there own look based on where they originally come from. I'm not encouraging this talk on a sports board as Brick pointed out, but I don't think anyone was implying that it matters. It's a simple fact that Europeans generally look different than Africans, it's no issue or wrongdoing, it's just fact. I'm in the group that believes groupings are wrong based on appearance, but at the same time I don't think it's wrong to discuss race or ethnicity.

Anyways, this whole discussion is pointless and irrelevant to the OP, maybe this thread should be locked unless it gets back on track.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Bricklayer made it pretty clear above how we're going to handle this type of thing and it's no change from the policy that's been consistent around here as long as I can remember. Since the original topic has pretty much died, I'm closing the thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.