Is everyone really looking forward to the upcoming season?

Are you looking forward to the upcoming season?

• Total voters
I just am curious if anyone is really looking forward to the season with the Kings having the starting lineup of:

Bibby
Martin
Artest
Shareef
Miller

Along with the bench with Cisco, Douby and the Kings #10 pick Spencer Hawes. Oh yes, don't forget 32 year old Mikki Moore.

Don't forget, there has been NO trades at all.

Just wanted to see a vote on are you ready for some Kings basketball?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I took the liberty of editing your poll so that the question matches what you're asking in your OP.

I am looking forward to the upcoming season for a variety of reasons:

1. No Eric Musselman.
2. Reggie Theus
3. Spencer Hawes
4. Justin Williams
5. A return to a faster-paced style of play.
6. Another season of Kings basketball.
7. More excitement from Kevin, Cisco and Quincy.

Last edited:

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Well if I don't see PLENTY of Hawes, Williams, Garcia, Douby, and Martin next season, then no, I am not looking for forward to next season at this point. :(

Now if I do!!!:)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Well if I don't see PLENTY of Hawes, Williams, Garcia, Douby, and Martin next season, then no, I am not looking for forward to next season at this point. :(

Now if I do!!!:)
So you are looking forward to the season in hopes of seeing plenty of Hawes, Williams, etc. but will be disappointed if that does not come to fruition, right?

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Well...

Seeing Adelman mold what is suddenly a tremendously talented Rockets team should be fun.

And watching the HOF trio got to work in Boston could be epic.

And watching the development of all the young guns of the future Portland dynasty will be exciting.

And seeing JRich and Gerald recreate their dunk contest matchup on a nightly basis in Charlotte could be a blast.

And....oh....you meant the Kings after another wasted summer of sitting on their asses amid a middling pile of faded old vets???

Um...er...well...:eek:

Last edited:
Yes, just because the offseason seems like it goes on forever. Other than that I'm looking forward to see how Theus does with the Kings, if Bibby has a comeback year, Kevin's game, etc...

Not really, this offseason has been hugely disappointing for me and I can't bring myself to look forward to a re-run of last year. Yea there are things that are different but I believe in the end it will basically be the same result with even less to show for it than last year. If nothing else changes by training camp then I change my answer to don't care because I don't care about a team when the FO doesn't even care. They may say they care but they don't show it.

I took the liberty of editing your poll so that the question matches what you're asking in your OP.

I am looking forward to the upcoming season for a variety of reasons:

1. No Eric Musselman.
2. Reggie Theus
3. Spencer Hawes
4. Justin Williams
5. A return to a faster-paced style of play.
6. Another season of Kings basketball.
7. More excitement from Kevin, Cisco and Quincy.
8. No Tim Donaghy

S

sactownfan

Hell yeah Kings Baby !

looking forward to Bibby gettin his game back raising his stock and being traded for equal value in youth or picks

same with artest

K-mart to make the All-star team !

Hawes
Reggie
Douby getting playing time
justin
Garcia

and last but not least the BIG WHAT WILL BECOME OF MILLER ! ! ! ! !

Well...

Seeing Adelman mold what is suddenly a tremendously talented Rockets team should be fun.

And watching the development of all the young guns of the future Portland dynasty will be exciting.

And seeing JRich and Gerald recreate their dunk contest matchup on a nightly basis in Charlotte could be a blast.

And....oh....you meant the Kings after another wasted summer of sitting on their asses amid a middling pile of faded old vets???

Brick stole my answer.

Jerk.

Nope. As it stands now the only things I'm excited about seeing are if Boston can win the East with KG and if Mcgrady can finally get out of the first round now with Rick on board.

As for the Kings unless there are some major moves then it'll be the same as usual fighting for 8th, 9th, 10th, or 11th in the West. Yay for mediocrity! :rolleyes:

that's kinduva tricky poll question. i am excited for this coming nba season just like i'm excited for every coming nba season. however, it would be a serious overstatement to say that, as of right now, i am excited about the kings basketball team that will be stepping out on the court. i will watch whatever games i can. i might even have the opportunity to go to one or two. i will certainly annoy the **** out of my friends with basketball talk. i will cheer incessantly and i will invariably scream at the tv a whole lot. all this comes with every nba season for me.

however, this will be the first time that its accompanied without any feelings of hope. even early on during those mediocre "rebuild on the fly" post-webber-trade years, i had a sense that something could still happen. starting in 1998, geoff petrie created an amazing team out of absolutely nothing. it ain't the same guy behind the desk this time around. either he's been neutered by the penny-pinching, loyalty-shunning owners, or he's just getting softer as he gets older. either way, nothing begets nothing. geoff was extremely active in 1998 and the years that would follow, and a championship caliber team eventually took the floor. in 2007, he's as passive as a gm can be with a passive, unexciting roster full of overpriced, undersized veterans. there's little investment in youth and, seemingly, little investment in any kind of plan or direction whatsoever. kevin martin and spencer hawes are nice pieces, but they're hardly a foundation for the future.

and let's not talk about free agency in 2010. it's one thing to let contracts expire. it's another thing entirely to refuse to actively shop the few assets you have. if geoff were unable to trade bibby and/or artest and/or miller, then i'd be fine with letting them all walk as the ends of their contracts dictate. but he's not even trying. these are the words of the man himself. he has said in interviews that he is not actively shopping any player on the roster. until he says otherwise, or better yet, does otherwise, i'm dissatisfied with his efforts this offseason. i'll root for the team on the court, but the excitement and hope of, say, '98-'99 is long gone...

Last edited:
Well...

My sentiments too. I will try to watch every Kings game this season, but the Kings aren't the team to watch. I will pay attention to the Rockets and the Celts.

Yes, for the simple reason that I think Coach Theus will maximize the talent he has to work with. He re-built in 2 years a program that was a total disaster at NMSU and he'll do the same in Sac, although it may take a bit longer. Then again, because I know he is extremely tough minded and driven for excellence the Kings may surprise some fans this season. No doubt, he will bench any player not producing and inject others in their place if that's what it takes. I like his 4 picks so far for assistants and I expect he's hoping to find an old pro "Del Harris" type to round out the staff, as he said previously. My bet is still on Bob Weiss.

Well I can always watch Kings games and enjoy it until they make me angry with their TO's and ya know all that good stuff Kings love to do on the court to make fans angry, i'll support.

But, mostly i'm lookin forward to watching Wizards play, Arenas is comin back with a vengence for not even being able to play in the playoffs, so this year should be awesome.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I'm not thrilled about the Kings situation... but for the first time in ages I'm excited about the Celts again and my local team is looking pretty good. I'll always be a Kings fan first but when that fails I'm just glad to have basketball and the other winter sports back. Middle of the summer is dead time for me since I don't get excited about mid-season baseball.

I am looking forward to the upcoming season. Sometimes people underestimate the effect changing the entire coaching staff can have on a team. We DID make a major move and I am looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

I'm excited about the upcoming season because I'm always excited about the upcoming season. I'm not looking forward to anything in particular, especially with this current team, but I am looking forward to seeing what plays out, good or bad.