And with the number 1 pick it goes to.....

Yeah, thats usually the way it works with me too...especially with the anything having to do with the Kings. I wanted Sean Elliott in 89'...and...uh...you know the rest.

Not really, I wasn't even born in 1989! :eek:
But hopefully we'll have something to cheer about this time, Circa!

By the way, this thing doesn't start for another hour and a half? Am I right?

730 ET, so 20 minutes till draft.
This is how it reads on NBA.com
-------------------------
NBA.com
Ping Pong Ball Time
It's Lottery Day in Secaucus and 14 teams are on hand to learn their fate. Are they moving up, moving down or staying put? ESPN's coverage starts at 7:30 p.m. ET., with the actual lottery being held live at 8:30 p.m. ET.

Until then, get familiar with the complete list of early entrants, which includes seven players who participated in the 2007 NCAA championship game (Joakim Noah, Al Horford, Corey Brewer and Taurean Green from Florida and Greg Oden, Mike Conley Jr. and Daequan Cook from Ohio State), as well as Kevin Durant and Brandan Wright.

Then check out our Consensus Mock Draft to see where the prognosticators believe those guys will be selected.

Finally, keep up to date with the Draft Blog, where we hook you up with all the draft talk around the web, and where we'll keep you updated with everything going on behind the scenes here in Secaucus.

The 2007 NBA Draft takes place on June 28.

Not really, I wasn't even born in 1989! :eek:
But hopefully we'll have something to cheer about this time, Circa!

By the way, this thing doesn't start for another hour and a half? Am I right?
Ooh, yeah, I guess if you werent born yet, you couldnt have felt our pain when David Stern announced that we had chosen 'Out of Service' Pervis. I doubt that Petrie would have made that same mistake that Bill Russell did. Anyways...I fully expect us to either get the 10th pick or lower...so I dont get my hopes up only to be disappointed, being the pessimistic optimist that I am.:D

Anyone notice on espn.com that Oden is yelling right at the Kings logo and Durant is pointing at it? I think that means we're getting one of those two guys... ;)

I wonder. The choices were pretty bleak that year. But guess there might have been a chance he could have taken either Glen Rice (better), or Danny Ferry :)eek: ).
Yeah, that draft had a bunch of duds...Stacey King, George McCloud and Tom Hammonds all went in the top ten...blah! The best guys that year were probably Tim Hardaway at #14 and the Good Year Kemp at #17. Oh yeah, there was that Vlade guy that went at #26 to everyone's favorite team in LA.

I'll be happy so long as we stay at 10. Winning the lottery would be great, but is unlikely enough that I won't be upset if we don't. Dropping in position would be...sad.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Well at least I live in Portland. Can't say they'll ever be more than my third favorite NBA team though. Will be fun to watch especially if I decide to bail on league pass next year.

Were the Blazers 6th? I've always been convinced that number 6 is the sweet spot for landing one of the top 3 picks and that was in our grasp. Doh!

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Well at least I live in Portland. Can't say they'll ever be more than my third favorite NBA team though. Will be fun to watch especially if I decide to bail on league pass next year.

Were the Blazers 6th? I've always been convinced that number 6 is the sweet spot for landing one of the top 3 picks and that was in our grasp. Doh!

There is a break there, 6/7 is about the outside range you see happen.