Great performance by Bibby

indeed, very vintage bibby out on that court today. what a game he had. he was out of control. if only he performed like this throughout the season.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Is it just me, or does Bibby seem to play best when the Kings are on national TV?
His son Mike and a friend were there. Maybe he likes playing in front of the kids. They usually aren't at the games because of the late hour.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Is it just me, or does Bibby seem to play best when the Kings are on national TV?

Its not just you.

The good part of that would be a player with a feel for the moment.

The bad part would be a player who is basically faking it for the national audience in the hopes they'll ignore his ****ty season and only recall the one game.

Of course if you count recent playoff perfromances, maybe even the basic premise might be a bit off.

A

AriesMar27

he always plays well against nash and the lakers... i dont know why but he just does...

but wooo-hooo.... 30 wins.... go kings....

Its not just you.

The good part of that would be a player with a feel for the moment.

The bad part would be a player who is basically faking it for the national audience in the hopes they'll ignore his ****ty season and only recall the one game.

Of course if you count recent playoff perfromances, maybe even the basic premise might be a bit off.

If this guy won the lottery, he'd b*tch about taxes. The world needs half-empties too, I guess...

Bah, I for one will enjoy the win. And I thought Aries' sarcasm was pretty obvious. :) Can't believe some of you guys actually are worried the Kings will pull their heads out of their butts and put together some wins to sneak into the playoffs.

Let's be realistic now!

He had a great game. I'm happy for him. I hope he plays this well, or close, all next season, even if he is not in a King's uniform!

i think we now know which players to keep and which players to get rid of...

we keep bibbs, ron(really uncertain... i want him bad but theres so much going on i dont know what to think) martin, garcia, price, douby, salmons, williams, SAR...

we get rid of kenny and miller cause these guys are uninspired boring, slow, and unathletic guys that are aging and we dont need anymore crap like this... i love corliss but hes an ender and we could prolly use his cap space... pots gone as an ender too... i just wanna get some extra 1st rounders and get as many young bigs as we can since its loaded this year in the draft

Bricklayer

Bah, I for one will enjoy the win. And I thought Aries' sarcasm was pretty obvious. :) Can't believe some of you guys actually are worried the Kings will pull their heads out of their butts and put together some wins to sneak into the playoffs.

Let's be realistic now!
Oh, that wouldn't really be the concern, unless you are Ron of course.

We are playing for ping pong balls now. Forget the playoffs. That's over. All of these games now are for ping pong balls. Every time you lose, you get more balls. Every time you win, somebody takes balls away. The goal is to "win" the race for ping pong balls. Its the only rational goal. There is no advantage, NONE, to missing the playoffs with 36 wins and fewere ping pong balls rather than missing the playoffs with 32 wins and more ping pong balls. Ping pong balls are the currency of the moment. And of all of us losers, and yes, we are losers like all the rest now, the "winners" are going to be the guys who win that lottery. That is the ick of it.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

i think we now know which players to keep and which players to get rid of...

we keep bibbs, ron(really uncertain... i want him bad but theres so much going on i dont know what to think) martin, garcia, price, douby, salmons, williams, SAR...
Er...no.

You just kept almost the whole damn crappy team. That's not gong to get it done. And unfortunately that's kind of the classic "problem" with a win like this. All of a sudden all of the very real and quite conisderable problems this team is facing get wiped away because you know, they played one good game.

It was a good win, and we played hard. It changes nothing.

Yeah, I know about the ping pongs. I still say don't stress. This team sucks, one random fluke win over Phoenix isn't going to ruin our lottery chances.

Plus, even if we get a GREAT pick, we probably end up with a bust.

See, I'm the _ultimate_ pessimist here ;) That's why I was just enjoying Bibby's shooting performance tonight.

Win or lose, at least this short-handed team today was competitive, which is what makes games fun to watch. What's more, Artest conceded to move the ball around today, and he gets better shots and scores above his season average (probably not a coincidence). And Ronnie Price again made the most of his minutes, stealing a ball from the guy who should be MVP again this season, plus he outjumped a Suns big-man for a 4th quarter rebound and drew the foul.

For all the pessimism, I have to say that ronnie p. and cisco played awesome tonight. You can't say a win like this is not good for the team...any big game experience like that is good for those guys. And another thing; how many good players are actually gonna be in the next draft? I don't think there are a lot guys that can help the kings immediately.

Bricklayer

how many good players are actually gonna be in the next draft? I don't think there are a lot guys that can help the kings immediately.
Um...what in the hell are you talking about?

I mean seriously. I am going to assume here that you just haven't been paying attention, but this draft is completely loaded. We're not talking about winning the rights to Andrew Bogut. We are talking about something like the LeBron/Melo/Bosh/Wade draft.

Everybody except Artest knows that we are not making the playoffs. There is NO WAY that we are going to make up 4.5 games with so few games left. While I am excited about this draft, it is always a crap shoot. I am going to hope for the best concerning it.

That being said, this game was fun to watch. I love watching Bibby when he has a game like this. He had a great game. I will be sad when he is traded this summer.

Since we know that we are going to be in the lottery, can't we just be happy when a player that is STILL in a KING'S uniform has a good game?

GOOD JOB BIBBY!!!!

Um...what in the hell are you talking about?

I mean seriously. I am going to assume here that you just haven't been paying attention, but this draft is completely loaded. We're not talking about winning the rights to Andrew Bogut. We are talking about something like the LeBron/Melo/Bosh/Wade draft.
Damn right! There's 3 bigs from Georgetown and Florida, alone, that will be lottery picks. This draft is should go down as one of the better ones in history.

A

AriesMar27

Let's be realistic now!
thank you... sometimes man some of these posters:confused: ...

we need a big, brad miller is physically tall but its too bad he plays like he is a shooting guard. someone that plays defense and rebounds with a solid ability to score is what we need. my honest opinion is that we need to start over. nothing is working, no one listens to muss (with good reason though) and the players dont play all that good together. we need to start fresh--younger players. at least this way we can have a shot at championship in a few years. like this we are going nowhere

Er...no.

You just kept almost the whole damn crappy team. That's not gong to get it done. And unfortunately that's kind of the classic "problem" with a win like this. All of a sudden all of the very real and quite conisderable problems this team is facing get wiped away because you know, they played one good game.

It was a good win, and we played hard. It changes nothing.
yeah but thomas and miller play 2 important positions and they suck! i mean flat out are terrible... the other guys play hard and are young(except ron, bibby, and maybe even salmons, but bibbs is the only one whos age is catching up to him) so we need to get rid of those guys to get some extra 1st or 2nd rounders... i mean we should be in rebuilding mode so getting rid of thomas and miller for some young bigs is i think the first major step in rebuilding... bibby at least still brings more to the table than thomas and miller combined so we can keep him to run the team... we dont know whats gonna happen with artest and i like most of our young talent... and yeah i know im basically keeping the "whole" team but i dont mind because most are young and/or cheap... we cant be too picky here so i say get rid of thomas and miller first and continue from there trying to bring in some fresh, energetic, motivated young bigs from an incredibly deep draft thats full of bigs.