The coaching situation

If you were calling all the shots, would Muss still be here on July 1st?

• Yes

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • No

Votes: 88 91.7%

• Total voters

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Now that I think about it....it depends. If we unload the vets and go into a true rebuild, I'm inclined to keep Muss for another year...which is even better if Oden/Durant stick around in college for another year.

we all know the score. and we've had similar threads on this. but again my decision would be to fire him. i would pay $50.00 of my own money to see him fired 5 minutes after the final game of this season

On the way to work, the Rise guys had Jim Kozimor on and Koz stated he doesn't think Muss is going anywhere this season and into next season. Hearing this from Koz did not start my morning off on a good note.

That would account for the otherwise inexplicable "yes" vote one person out of 26 has given him.
LOL!!

I'd fire him because all his great emphasis on defense has us as one of the worst defense in the league. Yeah, the talent matters, but it's as much about effort and schemes. I've seen this team play great defense in small spurts. So I know they can do it. They don't have the will.

I'd also fire him because his offensive schemes, whatever they are, stink. How do you have a game plan to do nothing but give the ball inside to SAR against a team that is full of nothing but shot blockers? And SAR is like a black hole when he gets that ball. He never passes to anybody no matter if all 5 defenders are climbing on his back. Or when he's outside, he shoots. He's a horrible shooter. How does a coach allow that to continue non-stop?

And again, how many times have we seen Bibby heat up, only to be pulled and sat on the bench for 35 minutes?

Or K-Mart just last night. He looked like he was going to make shots but the game plan said to get the ball to SAR instead. Or freakin' Scoreless Williamson. Shouldn't the coach tell K-Mart that when you have the ball, YOU are the scorer, not them?!?

Do I need to mention the substition pattern? I didn't think so.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
If I voted on poles I might say sure fire him... but befeor getting too excited about firing Muss I would want to know WHO we are talking about replacing him with. Just changing a know yahoo for an unknown quantity hardly asures progress. Hard is it may be to belive there ARE worse coaches... just not many.

Nothing short of a miracle would have spared us from this season.

Now Im not a muss fan but I would like to know if people really think a different coach would have made that much of a difference?
No one can control artest, NO ONE. He is Terrell Owens lite.
So that being said, I want to know who should have been the coach of the kings?
Who out there would have controlled artest?
Who would have injected chemistry into this bunch of overpaid basketball players?
Who would have gotten KMart his shots even while artest was on the floor?
Who would have forced artest to pass the ball at the end of close games?
Who would have convinced artest that he IS NOT the man?

So, aside from lets get rid of muss.. Lets hear some options, inquiring minds want to know.. Who is available? Why should we consider them, should we go after a college coach?? Did we miss the boat already?? Should we have blown up the clown, starting with muss earlier in the season?

I think the idea of replacing muss has more to do with reshaping what kind of team the kings will be and that has a lot to do with who we draft and go after in the offseason.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
So, aside from lets get rid of muss.. Lets hear some options, inquiring minds want to know.. Who is available? Why should we consider them, should we go after a college coach?? Did we miss the boat already?? Should we have blown up the clown, starting with muss earlier in the season?
I can think of a couple of people:

Mario Ely
Reggie Theus
Bricklayer
Scott Brooks
The ghost of Red Auerbach
Kenny Smith

ANY of those, I believe, could have done a better job than Musselman has done. And garnered more respect from the players in the process...

The talent is bad, but Muss has no leadership. I mean, Jerry Sloan has been through some leaner years than this and still maintained the respect of the players. They should have hired Mario Elie last year, but I doubt that happens. The Maloofs will hire Larry Brown, Phil Jackson, Bill Self, Thad Matta, or Ben Howland.

piksi

Hall of Famer
1 person has been confirmed to be Muss himself......the other 4 were due to voter error (all 4 reside in Dade county Florida).
I was in Dade county and they don't have internet. The other 4 people are Phil Jackson, Don Nelson, Marc Cuban and whoever benifits from Muss DUI fine