Bulls @ Kings Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

piksi

Hall of Famer
He is back !:eek:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
On February 8th 2004 yet another beating up on Nuggets took place. Kings won 115 - 92 to improve to 35-13 for the season. It was Pedja & Mike show. They combined for 65 points, 14 threes, 21/39 from the field. The game was fairly close after 3 quarters where Kings were only up 7 but then it started raining threes in the 4th and that was that. Kings had only 7 turnovers. Pedja lead Kings with 35/7/1/1, Mike had 30/6/8/1, Brad had 18/10/7/2/2, DC had 13/5/8/1, and Vlade had 7/10. Since Bobby was hurt - the bench did not play a significant role.

Peja Stojakovic and Mike Bibby put on a shooting clinic. Stojakovic and Bibby combined to made 14 3-pointers as the Sacramento Kings pulled away for a 115-92 victory over the Denver Nuggets. An All-Star and arguably the NBA's best shooter, Stojakovic scored 35 points on 11-of-21 shooting. But he did his best work from 3-point range, where he went 7-of-11.

"I just got a couple good looks in the fourth quarter, running the pick-and-roll with Mike," Stojakovic said. "One time I was wide open because they doubled Mike, but other times I just kept running."

"The shots were just going in tonight for me," Bibby said. "They were keying a lot on Peja and that opened a lot of shots for me.""Those guys were awesome all night from three," Nuggets center Marcus Camby said. "We were unable to contest them and make them miss. They are such great shooters that most of the time wewere just a little bit too late."

"It's hell guarding Peja," Anthony said. "He's gonna run you off every screen. Personally, I thought I was doing a pretty good job on him tonight, trying to get through those screens."

Stojakovic scored 15 points in the fourth quarter and Bibby added eight as the Kings made 10-of-14 shots in the period.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kings @ 20 - 26 won their last 3 games and won their last 4 home games. Kings are 3 games out of the 8th PO spot and currently 9th worst team in the NBA which is right in between the 2 options that we currently represent around here making both parties really unhappy. We can only hope that at least on party wins because saying where we are is the worst thing that can possibly happen.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
NBA referees can be very entertaining sometimes in a pathetic way. Last night - I was watching the 2nd half of the Magic @ Bucks game which was officiated by Violet P., Dickie B and someone else who isn't really important nor would he dare to actually blow a whistle if he ever had time to do it. Anyways, there was a loose ball foul on Bo Outlaw underneath the Magic basket. It was a good call but for the next minute Violet P. was trying to get Outlaw to shoot FTs on his own basket for whatever reason. She managed to confuse almost everyone because Outlaw actually was getting ready to do it. I said almost everyone because the sharp eyes and mind from Dickie B. couldn't be fooled. Come on now - a guy who is capable enough to how chin can foul elbow - isn't going to make such a mistake. So finally Violet P. gave in and walked with 10 very confused players to the other side of the court where Bo Outlaw actually made both of them:eek:. If You don't love this ...
------------------------------------------------------------------------
As we know CBS 13 reported that "social services" took away Ron's dog. Thank god that was the only breaking news of the day. It was about time to stop the wars, cure the diseases, avoid natural disasters, prevent crime etc... Apparently it was the first time ever that this happened to a dog/owner in the history of western civilization:rolleyes:. Since I was given lemons - I am going to try to make a lemonade by presenting You some more breaking news headlines that You should be prepared for in the next days, weeks or so

CBS 13 reports:

Jason Hart is actually a professional basketball player

Eric Musselman can coach

Mike Bibby caught cheating on his old nail clippers with a new younger version.

Brad Miller increased his vertical leap from "weekdays paper" to "Sunday paper"

Kevin Martin loves both balls

KT is a flexible piece who leads the league in missed layups

SAR - had his mouth wired shut again - this time to prevent technical fouls

Corliss switched the shower cap color from turquoise to fuschia.

Quincy Douby is really not a point guard.

Mo Taylor avoids another suspension for substance abuse by being cut.

Justin Williams done being evaluated and put on inactive list due to excessive rebounding and blocked shots.

Kings finally got the new arena (April's 1st special edition)

Race between Charles B. and Dickie B ended in double default. Dickie B died of old age and Charles got lost.
After coaching the 2 best games of his career - coach Muss returns to the bench tomorrow night to confirm the old saying how nothing lasts forever. It was fun while it lasted. So the question is - will this 2 games change anything significant in the whole dynamics of this team and its surounding ? Highly unlikely. Still the same crapy record, same talent, same problems and don't worry - Muss didn't learn anything in the time of that I personally think waranted much more that 2 games that he has been given. We learned that our player can smile, have fun, relax and actually win close games. All in all - there is only one thing that has been proven. You don't need a coach to beat crapy teams at home.
Yet another nationaly broadcasted game for the Kings this week. At least people who don't waste money on league pass get to suffer too. why would they be privileged anyways ? The whole country gets to see what it left of the most exciting team in the NBA before the Suns. TNT will make the pain bigger almost intolerable. Anyone wants to predict and over/under on how many times Charel will ask why they are showing Kings, how we won't make POs, how we should blow up the clown ? Then he will go on to pick Bulls to win the game which will probably increase our winning streak to 4. We can only hope to avoid Steve Kerr. Also - expect the first game to go into let's say triple overtime but if Pistons win - it will make the vening somewhat pleasurable.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Kings beat Hornets in a game that Kings dominated and then changed their mind. Luckly, Hornets were too "proud" to take it. When You play a crapy team usually it is enough to play one great quarter and so Kings did their damage early and it ended being enough. Same goes for Mike Bibby. It was a really good effort in a game that according to Muss - counts double. I was looking in the standings and they only gave us one win so maybe Muss can publically complain about it harshly criticizing the NBA which will lead in another suspension. Then - hopefully NBA will take the repeating factor into consideration.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
AWARD TIME

TDM award goes to D. Mason who had a great game which usually means that his team will lose. It wasn't the first time that Mason torched us and it probably won't be the last.

LW-VC award went to Bobby Jackson. He was the worst player on the floor but still if there was anyone else that sucked as close on a losing team - I would have given it to that guy mainly because I can. Bobby is one of my all time favorite Kings and I want him to do great 78-79 times a year.

Muss - second straight DNC-NBAD
Bulls are next and I assume that they still remember what happened early in the season in Chicago. They will be without Nocioni but they are young, explosive and very athletic. They are 8-15 on the road. They are 2-2 on a 7 games west coast trip. We have 3 game winning streak and we also won 4 straight at home. Whether that is good or bad - reamins to be seen but I expect a close game with possible overtime considering that it is TNT game and that will end at 2 am ET as it usually does.
Mike - a game has 2 halves
Ron - who let the dogs out ?
Kevin - taking only 7 FGAs is just not enough
Brad - maybe playing his former team will motivate him more but then again Ben Wallace is waiting
---------------------------------------------------------------------
rest - mateen
Muss - I could say welcome back but I wouldn't really mean it. Back to "normal" - I guess
Bulls are dangerous team because that have lot of things that we lack and if they manage to shoot well - we will lose. Ben Gordon will have a field day if he can make any shots. PJ Brown always loves to play us. Ben might have x/20/5bl game.Deng will win the TDM award. Hinrich better get the LW-VC award or we will be in trouble. All in all - what the hell - Kings win again.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Another outstanding intro, piksi...

These should go in your Hall of Fame.

CBS 13 reports:

Eric Musselman can coach

Brad Miller increased his vertical leap from "weekdays paper" to "Sunday paper"

KT is a flexible piece who leads the league in missed layups

SAR - had his mouth wired shut again - this time to prevent technical fouls

Corliss switched the shower cap color from turquoise to fuschia.

Quincy Douby is really not a point guard.

Mo Taylor avoids another suspension for substance abuse by being cut.

Justin Williams done being evaluated and put on inactive list due to excessive rebounding and blocked shots.

Kings finally got the new arena (April's 1st special edition)

Race between Charles B. and Dickie B ended in double default. Dickie B died of old age and Charles got lost.

Absolutely hilarious, Piksi. I laughed out loud at the "news" stories.:D (Altho, I will refrain from making a comment on the one about Martin.;) )

Kings @ 20 - 26 won their last 3 games and won their last 4 home games. Kings are 3 games out of the 8th PO spot and currently 9th worst team in the NBA which is right in between the 2 options that we currently represent around here making both parties really unhappy. We can only hope that at least on party wins because saying where we are is the worst thing that can possibly happen.
Fine post piksi, as always....

The above quote illustrates (to me at least) the difficulty that it is in being a GM in the NBA - what do you do when your team is in mediocre land without the talent to ever be special?

If you're in business, fire the crappy, overpaid employees, keep the good ones, and look for great ones. However, basketball is NOT the real world otherwise KT and likely Miller would have been fired by now....

Mike - a game has 2 halves
Ron - who let the dogs out ?
Kevin - taking only 7 FGAs is just not enough
Brad - maybe playing his former team will motivate him more but then again Ben Wallace is waiting
Wow. So very wrong. rofl

woo game on national TV /WGN alright!!!

i should be back in time for the start of the game ( i'm taking a day trip to seattle :D)

i look foward to watching the game on TV

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
CBS 13 reports:

Muss - second straight DNC-NBAD

I was laughing out loud. Another sensational job, piksi!!

Also - expect the first game to go into let's say triple overtime but if Pistons win - it will make the vening somewhat pleasurable.

Based on the first quarter, Webber has lost none of his fondness for playing hard against the Lakers. 8/5/3 in 12 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.