i wish Justin would get Corliss's minutes...

It gets me mad everytime I see Corliss getting ready to check in. I know that he has done good things for this team, but not a lot of wins. He cost us the New York game. He's a great guy, but Justin needs his minutes.

hes still new and still learning the game. corliss is a vet and deserves his minutes right now. justin williams only played with us for a month. his playing time will come :D

at this point, i just hope he's still with the team next week.

after that. i've convinced myself he'll work his way into steady rotation.

at this point, i just hope he's still with the team next week.

after that. i've convinced myself he'll work his way into steady rotation.
I have a feeling he'll be with the Kings the rest of the season, barring a trade. I think that's why they waived Mo Taylor, to make room for him.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
What do you expect. Justin had a couple of very solid defensive and rebounding games. In other words: he belongs on the bench. :rolleyes:

The fact is Muss can't play everybody. Somebody is going to get cut out. I just hope that sometime around the deadline a few people ahead of Justin in the rotation are removed if you get my drift.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Corliss ballhogs it a lot!
And I heard he takes up two parking spaces in the reserved area!

:rolleyes:
------------------------------------
Corliss Williamson is one of those players any team is lucky to have. He's a class act; he's put himself out there time after time and through sheer will helped this team get back on track. And, in the locker room, he's been the voice of reason and experience for both the new players and the other vets.

Justin Williams should get Corliss' minutes? Based on what exactly? This isn't a video game. This is the NBA. I honestly fear some fans don't know the difference.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer

Corliss Williamson is one of those players any team is lucky to have. He's a class act; he's put himself out there time after time and through sheer will helped this team get back on track. And, in the locker room, he's been the voice of reason and experience for both the new players and the other vets.

Justin Williams should get Corliss' minutes? Based on what exactly? This isn't a video game. This is the NBA. I honestly fear some fans don't know the difference.

Well, I don't want to get into a debate and I totally agree with you about Corliss. From what I have heard about Big Nasty, I don't think people realize how much Corliss brings to a team both on and off the court.

But there are many reasons why Justin Williams should be getting time. Even if it's at the expense of Corliss Williamson.

gunks

Hall of Famer

His production...He's been pretty good in his limited minutes.

Granted, I dont understand why Corliss has been singled out by the topic creater as the guy who needs to give minutes up...But regardless, I think a few minutes should get shaved off of all of our Big's PT to give Williams a bit more court experience...

If one of Brad, SAR, or KT is having a bad night whats the harm in giving Williams some time on the court? Sure he might pick up a dumb foul or airball a couple free throws...But he'll also alter a few shots, get us some rebounds, a few putbacks, and maybe a block for good measure.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
People need to ralize what Justin Williams is at this point...He just isn't what we all hope to think he is.

Sure, he can turn out, but since we are apparently in "We are still contenders!" mode, the minutes are gonna go to the player who has been around for years, has been pretty good throughout the year, and the guy who gives us the better chance to win.

Who is Corliss.

And if I were to trade someone in the frontcourt to open up some minutes for him it would be SAR...But that's a topic for a whole nother' thread.

Corliss was playing pretty well for a while... and he is a veteran leadership presence... that said, I've been frustrated with him lately and have been busting out the 'ol "Scoreless" name more than once. :(

There is no debate about this because nobody could of said it better. Every year its another big man that should be playing over who actually is. Not only does it get old... Its exactly as VF said. This is not a video game.

There is a reason he was not selected in the draft, there is a reason he wasn't signed until a few weeks ago, there is a reason he doesn't start and play major minutes.

Does that mean I think he won't be a decent role player? No, Does that mean I think he will have a "CLEEVES" NBA career? No it is what it is, I will leave it at that.

Entity

Hall of Famer
True on all acounts about Corlis. But the Gray area here is. If we are not going to make a playoff appearence and Corlis is not going to be here next year. Why not get this kid 40 games of NBA experience before going into next year when we might be rebuilding or might not either way Corlis is gone. If you don't then you get Justin back next year with the same jitters as rookie.

True on all acounts about Corlis. But the Gray area here is. If we are not going to make a playoff appearence and Corlis is not going to be here next year. Why not get this kid 40 games of NBA experience before going into next year when we might be rebuilding or might not either way Corlis is gone. If you don't then you get Justin back next year with the same jitters as rookie.
Justin isnt the future. He wasnt even drafted. He didnt even make an NBA roster to start the season. I'd totally be for that argument if we are talking about Douby, but we are talking about an undrafted kid who started the season in the NBDL. Odds are, he want be all that good.

To piggy back on Entity's perspective, which I think is the direction that will best benefit this team, Justin NEEDS minutes. 15 a game will do.

A little optomistic I know but if the young man can hit some free throws he can contribute just as much as KT.

Justin isnt the future. He wasnt even drafted. He didnt even make an NBA roster to start the season. I'd totally be for that argument if we are talking about Douby, but we are talking about an undrafted kid who started the season in the NBDL. Odds are, he want be all that good.
In an NBA team, there are stars, secondary options, and roleplayers. Can Williams be a star or secondary option? Hell no. Can he be an important roleplayer? Hell yes. It's a critical part of any great team's dynamic to have a player to go in there and get the dirty work done.

In an NBA team, there are stars, secondary options, and roleplayers. Can Williams be a star or secondary option? Hell no. Can he be an important roleplayer? Hell yes. It's a critical part of any great team's dynamic to have a player to go in there and get the dirty work done.
agreed. thanks.

Yeah saying a guy has no future because he wasn't drafted is baseless. There may be a reason he wasn't drafted but there are even more reasons why he was just signed for the rest of the season. This kid has done nothing but work hard like go to the D-league and leading it in rebounding and blocked shots while putting on weight.

Draft status isn't the end all be all especially when concerning big men. Justin needs to develop but there are signs that he can be a dominant rebounder and shotblocker at this level just like he has been at EVERY OTHER LEVEL so far.

And Justin should play because he brings the things we need and the things that often cost us games. An ability to for once show some resistance at the rim to actually rebound the ball at a more than pitiful rate.

Excellent post, but Justin will also have an impact that will definately show up in stats as well.

But you're right on in what you're saying and the fact is because he is a dirty work guy, his importance is all the more important to this team. Besides him we have NOBODY else that does those things.

Excellent post, but Justin will also have an impact that will definately show up in stats as well.
I'm sure that he will grab his share of rebounds and stuff, there's no rule that roleplayers can't have any stats. But as anyone who has had Artest on a fantasy team can tell you, the stats often don't reflect the true value of a defensive player.

He will clog up the lane, he will make guys hesitant to try shots, he will get his hand on the ball in ways that won't be counted as blocks, but maybe should be. None of these things will show up in stats, other than wins and point spreads. Shot blocks may not be as good as steals, but all those intangibles that a good shot blocker usually contributes make those guys extremely valuable players.

So I don't expect a ton of stats from him, and am content. I just won't put him on my fantasy teams.

I'm sure that he will grab his share of rebounds and stuff, there's no rule that roleplayers can't have any stats. But as anyone who has had Artest on a fantasy team can tell you, the stats often don't reflect the true value of a defensive player.

He will clog up the lane, he will make guys hesitant to try shots, he will get his hand on the ball in ways that won't be counted as blocks, but maybe should be. None of these things will show up in stats, other than wins and point spreads. Shot blocks may not be as good as steals, but all those intangibles that a good shot blocker usually contributes make those guys extremely valuable players.

So I don't expect a ton of stats from him, and am content. I just won't put him on my fantasy teams.
I am in the same boat as you. All I was saying unlike a lot of players who have an impact yet it doesn't show in the stats. Justin can have an impact that will show up as well.

Agree STK but still need that superstar #1 option. Which we don't have and nobody on our team looks to be one that will develop into that. Really cannot go anywhere until that happens.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I'd like Justin to take Miller's minutes if Miller can't put the ball in the basket. Miller is near worthless if he can't put the ball in the basket.

Entity

Hall of Famer
my biggest argument here was not that Justin is the next Shaq or even the next KT. Just that Corlis isn't the next anything for us he is gone after this season via FA or retirement. So why not give Justin a full opurtunity to show what he has to see if he could even be an off the bench role player for us next year. If not no loss he is only signed for this season. If he is well we look more the wiser. But you will never know with DNP-CD. I'd like to know.

my biggest argument here was not that Justin is the next Shaq or even the next KT. Just that Corlis isn't the next anything for us he is gone after this season via FA or retirement. So why not give Justin a full opurtunity to show what he has to see if he could even be an off the bench role player for us next year. If not no loss he is only signed for this season. If he is well we look more the wiser. But you will never know with DNP-CD. I'd like to know.
Ahh well I am for that for that reason. Makes sense in the scheme of how things are. I think the upper brass feels we still have a shot at the playoffs so I suspect we won't see these younger guys playing major minutes until we are out of it.

It would be a disaster but I would love to see a starting line-up of players that hustle every night. All our young guys... Win or lose I think all Kings fans just want to see 110% every night.