Kings @ Spurs Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
once again they show flashes of what they "can" do but once again it was too little too late.

another medicore season which sucks because we arent good enough to win a championship yet not bad enough to secure a good draft pick.

blah.

once again they show flashes of what they "can" do but once again it was too little too late.

another medicore season which sucks because we arent good enough to win a championship yet not bad enough to secure a good draft pick.

blah.
I wanna know how you get that from a game where we lose at the buzzer tothe team thats probably gonna win the championship this year. I need an explanation. If anything, be happy that it wasn't another night like last night.

I'm disappointed, but this was so much better than the Mavs game. Beating the Spurs at home would have been something, tho, but tough for any team.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Who was open for a catch and shoot? I couldn't tell.
No one was that open, kennadog. There was about 1.5 seconds left when Bibby let go, if that. The idea that "he could have done something smarter" seems pretty judgmental to me.

I can live with this loss and I'm not going to second-guess the last 3 seconds. It's real easy to talk about what you would have done, etc. after the fact but it's a lot different when you're out there on the court.

The Kings pulled together as a team. Had things gone just a little differently, they might have actually won. It was hard-fought and I won't begrudge the Spurs this win. The Kings learned something about themselves tonight and I think it will seve them well in the future.
I agree, something that this game showed is that we can play well. Which is something i was doubting after yesterday and a lot of today's game. The only thing I'm concerned about now is whether they can continue to play like they did this 4th quarter. If they only play like that in desperation, than we're going to have a long sad season. :mad:

No one was that open, kennadog. There was about 1.5 seconds left when Bibby let go, if that. The idea that "he could have done something smarter" seems pretty judgmental to me.
Well that's what I thought, but it seemed like a lot of people thought there was an obvious better option. ;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Nothing against Bibby, everybody has a lousy shooting night from time to time. It just seemed funny to me to give that one win-or-lose shot to the guy who is having an outstandingly bad night.
Martin was covered. Miller saw Bibby and did the only thing he could do. He had to advance the ball quickly. I don't understand why people seem to think the players can see everything from above, like we do.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
One step at a time, fellow Kings fans. Miller looked MUCH BETTER! Salmons continues to impress. Martin is recovered from his mini-slump and apparently the aliens who stole Musselman have returned him.

Those are all good things. We aren't going to win every game. If we can be in a position to win every game, however, that's very important.

Peace all.

Martin was covered. Miller saw Bibby and did the only thing he could do. He had to advance the ball quickly. I don't understand why people seem to think the players can see everything from above, like we do.
And if I was the Spurs that is the one guy I would have made sure wasn't open for the last shot. Seemed like a clear "duh" to me for the Spurs.

Now, there were earlier plays where I wish Martin had gotten the ball, but the Spurs aren't slouches on the defensive end.

Bibby single handedly lost this game for us. Martin/Salmons were stuck on Parker cuz Bibby can't do a half decent job of checking him and whenever he got switched off on Bowen or Bowen got in the paint Bibby left him open. Mike made Bruce freaking Bowen look like freaking Reggie Miller. Then in the 3rd Kevin started getting some shots and Brad's passing ability was used and we caught up with them. Sorry but when Salmons is having his best game as a King, Martin scores 30, Miller plays good D on Duncan, and even Corliss is playing decent you shouldn't lose. Heck we even won the rebounding battle. Bibby was chucking really badly. He's taking terrible shots and it's making me want to bash my head into something(speaking of that, Mike now owes me a new computer monitor). His decisions are just mind boggling.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Bibby single handedly lost this game for us. Martin/Salmons were stuck on Parker cuz Bibby can't do a half decent job of checking him and whenever he got switched off on Bowen or Bowen got in the paint Bibby left him open. Mike made Bruce freaking Bowen look like freaking Reggie Miller. Then in the 3rd Kevin started getting some shots and Brad's passing ability was used and we caught up with them. Sorry but when Salmons is having his best game as a King, Martin scores 30, Miller plays good D on Duncan, and even Corliss is playing decent you shouldn't lose. Heck we even won the rebounding battle. Bibby was chucking really badly. He's taking terrible shots and it's making me want to bash my head into something(speaking of that, Mike now owes me a new computer monitor). His decisions are just mind boggling.
You know, some rants just aren't worth responding to.

One step at a time, fellow Kings fans. Miller looked MUCH BETTER! Salmons continues to impress. Martin is recovered from his mini-slump and apparently the aliens who stole Musselman have returned him.

Those are all good things. We aren't going to win every game. If we can be in a position to win every game, however, that's very important.

Peace all.
I thought Brad looked much better too. He played some nice defense on TD and made some beautiful passes that were part of the reason we got back into the game.

Bibby was 0-5 from beyond the arc... I have to agree with you, Bibby was the difference between a win and a loss. If he had been a little more than stone cold we could have pulled this one out ;)

But don't let me stop some of you from bashing Bibby.

:mad:
First of all, what is the difference between bashing and criticizing? For the short amount of time I've posted here, it seems as if any criticism is viewed as bashing. Please fill me in.

I don't blame Bibby for losing the game on the final shot, he had to take it, there was no other choice.

But Bibby's shot selection has been absolutely atrocious this year. I've never seen someone shoot so many shots so soon in the shot clock, and miss. His injury may be bothering him still which would explain his poor shooting, but then why would he continue shooting as much as he is?

Brad did well on Tim. He's had some games this season where he's stood up tall on good players.

Nice job by him.

Bibby. No comment.

I'll have nightmares of Bowen shooting 3's for years.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I thought Brad looked much better too. He played some nice defense on TD and made some beautiful passes that were part of the reason we got back into the game.
I think Miller actually looks better now than he's looked in a long, long time.

I'm not gonna continue to argue with those who have to find someone to BLAME for this loss. I don't see why people can't just understand that some nights the other team is just a tiny bit better. The Spurs were a tiny bit better. We made some mistakes, but we came back from a 17 point deficit. I'll take the effort any night of the week.

Who was open for a catch and shoot? I couldn't tell.
someone was at least 10 feet away or so, (not sure) from the hoop .. but the camera zoomed right away so I couldn't tell who it was either.

oh well.. we fought for it, nothing we can do except remain being the obsessive supportive kings fans that we are.:cool:

I don't blame him for the last shot he had to take it. But I blame him for taking shots early in the shotclock, only getting to the free throw line once(going 1 of 2), taking 5 threes, not covering his man. His overall shot selection was attrocius, especially for a guy with a hand injury.

I don't blame him for the last shot he had to take it. But I blame him for taking shots early in the shotclock, only getting to the free throw line once(going 1 of 2), taking 5 threes, not covering his man. His overall shot selection was attrocius, especially for a guy with a hand injury.

Agreed, and I mentioned the same things. I'm a huge Bibby fan, but his play lately has just been awful. I really hope its a lingering injury that is causing him to miss so many shots, but regardless of the injury, the shot selection has been bad............very bad.

He's shot over 36% one time in the past 3 weeks...and that "high" was 38%.

He needs to shut it down until his wrist calms down...because he's not helping the Kings right now.

He can't do what he normally wants to, and what he excels at.

Just sit it down for a couple weeks...get back to your game Mike.

someone was at least 10 feet away or so, (not sure) from the hoop .. but the camera zoomed right away so I couldn't tell who it was either.

oh well.. we fought for it, nothing we can do except remain being the obsessive supportive kings fans that we are.:cool:
nbrans watched it 4 times (see above) and didn't see anything Bibby could have done. I didn't think I did either. I think there are some valid criticisms of Bibby, but that last shot wasn't one of them.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
There's the difference between the type of fans we are, then. I don't feel the need to BLAME anyone especially. Yes, Bibby could have done better. That doesn't put the loss on his shoulders. It's still a TEAM game. There were errors made throughout the game that, if looked at individually, could be considered THE one mistake that actually cost us the game. The Spurs are a good team. They beat us at home by one lousy basket. And we came back from a 17-point deficit.

Am I happy about it? No, of course not. Can I live with it without kicking something or cursing? Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.