Mike Bibby.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
It's not just a jammed thumb people, the finger tendon actually became detached from the bone. He can't even fully extend his thumb until it is fully healed.
Really? Where'd you hear that?

I've had that injury, actually on a similar type of play, and oh man did that hurt. Hard to get my attention with pain, but that was truly excruciating.

Bricklayer

In post #25 on the previous page, I think.
Damn, missed that.

Well ok then, that explains our 3 weeks. Ladies and gents, if its the same thing I had that injury really hurts. A lot. Wakes you right up. If that's true would also expect Mike to be wearing a thumb brace of some sort after he comes back to protect it, at least for a while. All of which is unfortunate given how well he's looked in camp.

See, that's what you get for trying to play a little defense. ;)

Okay, I'm going back to SAR being in the starting lineup again.

Before the concept was that SAR needed shots, but we had other scorers. Our biggest threat is now hurt, do we insert a scorer in place of KT in order to generate offense?

So I guess Salmons gets thrown into big time minutes right away. At least for now I'd expect he'll start in Mike's place.
I expect Salmons to see some minutes at PG but why would you not think that Ronnie gets minutes? Ronnie has proven that he can do many things well.

I hope Mike can get healthy and come back at 100%. He's looked great and has worked hard to step up his game, no need to rush his return if there is a risk that this injury could be a nagging one. You know the Kings season is about to start if the injuries are starting to occur.

I expect Salmons to see some minutes at PG but why would you not think that Ronnie gets minutes? Ronnie has proven that he can do many things well.
I'm just thinking like a coach and to me a coach would make the decision based off experience. When a 40mpg guy goes down, there are plenty of extra minutes to spread around. Price can still get plenty of time on the floor but (if I'm a coach) I'd rather give them to him as a reserve going mostly against other NBA reserves instead of throwing him into the starting spot where he'll have to match up against first-string point guards with 100% fresh legs.

Salmons and Price could split the pg minutes, then Salmons gets some minutes playing behind Kevin as well.

Entity

Hall of Famer
yeah he did. In fact he got hit on the hand in the Memphis game and subsiquently went off on them hitting about 3 3 pointers and blocking 2 shots in the last 2 min of the game to give us the victory.

I hope this is the starting line-up on opening night since bibby is out for 3 weeks

PG- Salmons
SG- K.Mart
SF- Artest
PF- KT
C- B.Miller
The other teams PG will have a hard time with Salmons

Entity

Hall of Famer
yeah but our bench will be depleated. I imagine Price will have his opportunity the rest of preseason to show Muss he can in fact start a few games if Bibby is out that long. How ever if he can't prove he is up to the task then the aformentioned lineup is more than likely with Price coming off the bench at the pg and Garcia racking up alot of 2-3 min with Artest Salmons and Martin logging around 40 themselves.

Well the schedule is not that bad, no Miami, Dallas, Phx, or SA. The only really tough games I see while Bibby is out is against Chicago and Detroit.

Bricklayer

I also seem to recall that its another cushy home heavy start. So depending on how you look at it this, could be the best time for it. Of course on the other hand since I think starting fast is important to the new team's confidence, and since you don't want to give away easy home games, maybe not. Just depends on how you look at it.

Damn. Just our luck. Probably will take Mike a few weeks after coming back to get into a groove again.

Seriously, what do the basketball gods have against us? :)

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Damn. Just our luck. Probably will take Mike a few weeks after coming back to get into a groove again.

Seriously, what do the basketball gods have against us? :)
God gives the Kings injuries for the same reason he gave Whisky to the Irish...

To keep them from ruleing the world.
;)

wowww

one bad news after another.

hopefully brad doesn't miss a lot of time, if any!

if bibby's gonna be out long, it's important for brad to get his shots in, and get his confidence and groove so he doesn't pass up those wide open jump shots. if he's out while bibby's out, then that sucks. i don't think i want reef starting at CENTER :eek: so hopefully it's nothing serious for brad. hopefully, 1 week of rest would be enough for him.