Mike Bibby.

Good. I'm not a huge fan of how Bibby plays the game of basketball, but we've got between zero and no chance of doing anything if this nags Bibby.

I'd rather him sit out the entire preseason to get it back to 100% than come back early and be hampered by it for the next 2 months.

As much as I hate to see Bibbs not 100%, it will give us a chance to see Ronnie with extended minutes. And we get to see some offensive sets from the other ballhandlers.

I hope this doesn't open the door for Jason Hart!!! ;)
I really hope we split time between Price and Douby now. Salmons maybe a little, but he can play other positions so not as much PG please.

I sure hope Mike is o.k., we definately need him to be any kind of decent team, him, Martin, and Artest are the core of this team and we need them to bring their "A" game.

Good. I'm not a huge fan of how Bibby plays the game of basketball, but we've got between zero and no chance of doing anything if this nags Bibby.

I'd rather him sit out the entire preseason to get it back to 100% than come back early and be hampered by it for the next 2 months.

whats wrong with how bibby plays

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
If its just a jam and Mike misses the rest of preseason, that's fine. Gives the kids experience anyway. But what you have to hope is its not is anything torn, or a hairline fracture or whatnot. That kind of stuff could keep him out until December.

whats wrong with how bibby plays
I found him to be a little too much of a 'me'-oriented player last year.

If he plays like that he's in the same category as all the "new-age" me-first PGs. I don't think those type of PGs can lead their team very far with much consistancy.

The PG sets the whole tempo for the team and Bibby doesn't play distributor first. It frustrates me because as a result our whole team becomes very selfish with the ball and we don't run sets, but rather play a lot of isolation plays and one-on-one basketball.

There's a lot of standing around when we're on offense and that worries me.

Not to mention, with Bibby, there's the whole lack of defense argument that doesn't really need to be addressed since it's such a widely accepted fact.

If its just a jam and Mike misses the rest of preseason, that's fine. Gives the kids experience anyway. But what you have to hope is its not is anything torn, or a hairline fracture or whatnot. That kind of stuff could keep him out until December.

I doubt a hairline fracture would keep him out for 2 months. I had a hairline fracture on my finger and doctor told me two weeks and I'd be fine,which I was. Also got the top of my baby finger chopped off in the door (it slammed on it) and my finger was broke, the tendons completely chopped in half and other things. Had an operation and was back in just over two months so I doubt a hairline fracture would keep him out for that long. Anyways, just realised how much I've been rambling! Sorry!

Bibby to miss three weeks

Kings' Bibby Out for Three Weeks with Injured Thumb
Written for the web by C. Johnson, Internet News Producer

A banged-up thumb will keep point guard Mike Bibby on the sidelines for three weeks, the Sacramento Kings have announced.

Bibby jammed his right thumb in the third quarter of Sunday's contest against the New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets in Reno. The starter left the game with 7 points and didn't return.

The thumb was x-rayed Monday. It is not broken.

Kings won the Hornets matchup 117-93. Back-up point guard Ronnie Price had a strong outing, shooting 18 points.

Sacramento has three more preseason games, including Tuesday's Hornets re-match before the regular season opens November 1 at Minnesota.

Also, the Kings trimmed their roster by one Sunday night. Center Loren Woods was cut. It's expected one more cut will be announced this week as Sacramento gets down to the league maximum 15 players

If he plays like that he's in the same category as all the "new-age" me-first PGs. I don't think those type of PGs can lead their team very far with much consistancy.

The PG sets the whole tempo for the team and Bibby doesn't play distributor first. It frustrates me because as a result our whole team becomes very selfish with the ball and we don't run sets, but rather play a lot of isolation plays and one-on-one basketball.

Not to mention, with Bibby, there's the whole lack of defense argument that doesn't really need to be addressed since it's such a widely accepted fact.
what? we have one of the most unselfish teams in the league, stojakovic was ina slump ealy in the year, so mike had less ppl to pass too, and his assists slipped, not to mention doug and peja were more shooters that bonzi, so when they were on they racked up assists for mike, bonzis low post play meant that when he got the ball down low is wasnt always leadng to an assist from mike, like the quick shots from peja would have. Mikes one of the best scoring pg in the league, and with the right players around him hes one of the best at distributing, bibby is harldy a mee first player, and has said he prefers to pass than score

:(

Well, I guess it just would not be a King's team without having some sort of injury trouble at the beginning of the season.

Didn't Mike play all the games for the past couple of seasons?

Entity

Hall of Famer
does a jammed thumb really warrant 3 weeks out. I would think he should be ready by season opener. or is that just the number they threw out there just in case.

So if everything works out accordingly Mike will be back in time for my first live game at arco this season on nov. 15th. Hopefully its just a couple weeks in all actuality.

Entity

Hall of Famer
well not much pressure is put on the thumb while shooting. i am guessing Mike himself will nevever sit out the full 3 weeks i am guessing he will be ready against Minn.

I really like him a lot, and he's a big part of this team. Hopefully he will be back soon, because we really dont have another PG that can run the game like he can. Ronnie Price is decent, but isnt nearly as good as Bibby, and Douby is still learning the PG...

Have you watched any of the games so far. He's been averaging almost 7 assists in limited minutes. I knew once the high post offense was gone we would see a different player.

bibby did good in the high post offense assist wise, i think in the low post offense of last year he wasnts able to keep up the good assist numbers...bibby never misses games, i think hell put on one of those finger splints and play

Link to ESPN article

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2636243

Kings' Bibby (thumb) likely to miss first two weeks

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Sacramento Kings guard Mike Bibby is expected to miss the first two weeks of the regular season after injuring his right thumb in an exhibition game Sunday night.

Bibby, the Kings' starting point guard and leading scorer last season, has a mallet thumb -- an injury in which a finger tendon becomes detached from a bone, preventing the finger from fully extending. Sacramento's team doctors diagnosed the injury Monday after Bibby left the Kings' 117-93 victory over the New Orleans Hornets midway through the third quarter.

Bibby, who averaged 21.1 points and 5.4 assists while playing all 82 games for the Kings last season, will wear a splint for two weeks before returning to practice. The Kings don't expect him to play for at least three weeks.

The injury is even more bad news for the Kings after coach Eric Musselman's arrest on suspicion of drunk driving Friday night.

Sacramento, which hosts the Hornets in an exhibition game Tuesday night, opens its regular season at Minnesota on Nov. 1.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press

Last edited by a moderator:
Very suckie news.

I can't exactly defend my position but as good as Ronnie Price has looked in exhibitions I somehow think Jason Hart's prior experience would suit us a better the next couple of weeks. Wait, I guess that defends my position.

Bibby had looked good on defense, but I really believe that whoever covers his minutes will look even better on D.

I also can't see Mike sitting out for 2 weeks. i guess we're just used to seeing him play every game the past few seasons? but if he feels he can play before the 3 weeks is up (without reaggravating the injury or anything like that), i'm sure he'll suck it up and play through it.

i'm still hoping he's ready at the start of the season. wouldn't surprise me if he plays. i wouldn't be disappointed if he doesn't, though.

We now know woods was cut, so one of williams/amundson is making it

edit: doesnt really have anything to do with topic, sorry, responding to the last part of article

It's not just a jammed thumb people, the finger tendon actually became detached from the bone. He can't even fully extend his thumb until it is fully healed.