Watch for it - Maurice Taylor (merged)

VF21-- Thanks for the info! One more thing, any idea on when you'll be able to tell us who?

If it's Mo Taylor, I'd love to be a fly on the wall when Kenny Thomas finds out--

I don't see the logic behind signing a 3rd PF that can't rebound well or play defense--

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
If it's not a trade, I wonder who else is going to get the pink slip before too long....

We're adding up bodies, folks. Not sure how many or what for, but the number keeps rising.

Edit - Larry89 kinda stole my thunder there.... :)

SLAB

Hall of Famer
If it is indeed Mo Taylor, we just added another offense first, soft as sponge, rebounding deficient big body.

That would leave us with: SAR, Taylor, and Miller playing at times...Ugh...Thats a bit to soft for me.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
(Disclaimer: My OWN opinion only, based on nothing, follows)

I am not going to rule out the possibility of the Kings making a real run for Kevin Garnett. It would explain WHY Petrie didn't address the front court situation satisfactorily. As I say, it's just a gut feeling...but it's not totally without some kind of rationale.

If it is indeed Mo Taylor, we just added another offense first, soft as sponge, rebounding deficient big body.

That would leave us with: SAR, Taylor, and Miller playing at times...Ugh...Thats a bit to soft for me.
A bit? More like a sign that says "free layups over here, no blocking guaranteed."

I am not going to rule out the possibility of the Kings making a real run for Kevin Garnett. It would explain WHY Petrie didn't address the front court situation satisfactorily. As I say, it's just a gut feeling...but it's not totally without some kind of rationale.
I thought you said it wouldn't be a trade?

Yeah and it would kind of explain the reason we've gathered all these expirings, and why we'd need another player, cuz the wolves will take back more guys than they send out in a KG deal. I admit it's been crossing my mind a lot lately.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat

Yep.

Mo's a proven vet and can give you offense down low, but wow -- you would think it would be hard for the frontcourt to get any softer. And then it actually would (if he was the guy). Maybe its a sneaky strategy to make the rest of our front court look like tough guys -- rather than getting a real one, we get one of the NBA's great cream puffs to make them look like studs in comparison. ;)

P.S. As for KG, hey, as always, bring it on. :p Noted with interest -- both ways -- an article yesterday where KG was saying how he was excited again by the new roster and raring to go. All of which would suggest, oops, no way he is moved now. But on the other hand he also made what looked like a non sequitur comment about "and hey, if they decide to trade me, that is what it is". Just felt like an odd thing to mention givent he overall we're gonna get 'em tone fo the article. So who knows, maybe they actually have talked with people.

Last edited: