Wells, Nuggets eye sign-and-trade deal

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Something is obviously in the works, I dunno if its with the Kings, but that team is loaded with bigs.
I would have to agree unless they just consider Kenyon too undependable at this point and need a quality backup. They lost Elson, and now likely Evans with this move, but that still leaves them 4 guys who could start in this league in Camby, Nene, KMart and Smith. Assuming health, there just can't be real minutes for more than three of them, and the 4 of them combined have salaries of over $35mil. :eek:

Martin is the guy they want to move, but that's just hard to see happening.

I would have to agree unless they just consider Kenyon too undependable at this point and need a quality backup. They lost Elson, and now likely Evans with this move, but that still leaves them 4 guys who could start in this league in Camby, Nene, KMart and Smith. Assuming health, there just can't be real minutes for more than three of them, and the 4 of them combined have salaries of over $35mil. :eek:

Martin is the guy they want to move, but that's just hard to see happening.
Dude I would be so happy to see Camby come to this team.

Bricklayer

Do you think we'd bite if it was Andre Miller and Kenyon Martin for Bonzi and one of our flexible pieces?

Sincerely doubt it. What would we do with Miller? And yet another anvil contract?

I'm sure they would love to have Bibby. In light of the Smith signing I wonder what would happen if somebody suggested a Camby/Miller for Bibby/Bonzi type situation?

Last edited:
I thought Miller would be a legitimate backup for Bibby? I've seen him play awfully well at times - sort of in the realm of Sam Cassell when he's hot.

I know nothing about Salmons (i confess). Is he a better alternative than Miller? I didn't realize Miller's contract was bigger than our KT for instance.

Bricklayer

I thought Miller would be a legitimate backup for Bibby? I've seen him play awfully well at times - sort of in the realm of Sam Cassell when he's hot.

I know nothing about Salmons (i confess). Is he a better alternative than Miller? I didn't realize Miller's contract was bigger than our KT for instance.
Miller is no backup. He's right up there around a Top 10 PG actually. In the last 6 years he mgiht have more starts as a PG than anybody else int eh NBA (durability).

Indeed, he's a good PG. http://www.nba.com/playerfile/andre_miller/index.html

Incredible durability, I knew he was consistent and good there, but didn't realize that much. He's played 82 games 5 of his 7 seasons - the other two? 80 and 81. Aside from his rookie year with 36 starts, he's started every game.

If he had a reliable/consistent jumper, and maybe a bit better on TOs (usually not a huge thing with me, he's probably done a lot of the handling and play-making on his teams), he'd be in the top 8 for PGs at least and an all-star.

Last edited:
Camby for Bonzi would be a steal for Sacramento. We wouldn't just be a playoff team anymore.
Unless Camby and Miller take their yearly vacation at the same time. Then you are correct. We wouldn't be a playoff team at all! ;)

I would say if we could sign and trade Bonzi for Camby he would be worth going over the tax limit for sure.

Camby Miller for Bibby & Bonzi. Hmmm. I'd miss Bibby from a Sacramento fan standpoint, but think the Kings would be the better team when all was said and done.
no thanks!

Do you think we'd bite if it was Andre Miller and Kenyon Martin for Bonzi and one of our flexible pieces?
nugs never do that anyways. we cant give up dre.

Dude I would be so happy to see Camby come to this team.
aint happenin :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sincerely doubt it. What would we do with Miller? And yet another anvil contract?

I'm sure they would love to have Bibby. In light of the Smith signing I wonder what would happen if somebody suggested a Camby/Miller for Bibby/Bonzi type situation?
If Miller/Camby for Bibby/Wells deal was on the table surely would have to look at that one seriously.

Camby is possibly the best defensive C in the league and really would address the needs that we have. Miller is one of the best pure PGs in the league. Sure he doesn't have a jumper but he is a great play maker.

Losing Bibby would hurt our outside shooting and the loss of his scoring could be felt overall but when you are trading your PG and a SG that just about gone for a legitimately good PG and one of the best Cs in the league, surely you would do it :confused:

Not only would you do it but you would do it again. Camby and Artest on the same team...and Miller is more of an assist PG than a shooter(Bibby).

Too good to be true.

Not only would you do it but you would do it again. Camby and Artest on the same team...and Miller is more of an assist PG than a shooter(Bibby).

Too good to be true.
Your only concern would have to be outside shooting. If this hypothetical trade was to go down, then SAR would have to be more prominent on offence than he has been here. SAR and Artest would be our go to guys. That would be fine by me BUT teams would still pack it in against us as there is no one that could stretch the D. Douby can shoot it well but he is only a rookie. Martin was OK last year but he is still to prove that he can perform consistently when the defences focus on him.

I would still do the deal and look to add a shooter or 2 via other trades.

Camby and Artest would turn us into one of the best defensive teams in the league and Dre is not a bad defender either. A fair bit of potential on that team.

Your only concern would have to be outside shooting. If this hypothetical trade was to go down, then SAR would have to be more prominent on offence than he has been here. SAR and Artest would be our go to guys. That would be fine by me BUT teams would still pack it in against us as there is no one that could stretch the D. Douby can shoot it well but he is only a rookie. Martin was OK last year but he is still to prove that he can perform consistently when the defences focus on him.

I would still do the deal and look to add a shooter or 2 via other trades.

Camby and Artest would turn us into one of the best defensive teams in the league and Dre is not a bad defender either. A fair bit of potential on that team.
I was thinking about losing the outside shooting too. But we have already put so much faith into Kevin thus far so I would expect him to be more of a shooter and occasional slasher in this hypothetical situation. Garcia is going to have to prove that he can shoot this year with our abundance of guards if he wants to see any playing time. Similarly you could get contributions, albeit small, from Douby and Price. And lets not forget about Brad. I think we could run some offensive sets with Camby as our PF...Brad at the perimeter draining 18+ footers with Camby down low. Teams would have to respect Brad's height at the perimeter and that would leave the paint more open to Camby and Artest. Oooooooohhh, that would be dirty!

I'd do the trade for Miller/Camby for Bonzi/Bibby, definitely. Just would need to get another shooter.

Camby/Artest would an incredible force on defense, and Camby's not bad offensively either. He doesn't really post-up though, mainly a hustle scorer slasher, and has a pretty good legit jumper. I'd have Camby start regardless, if it's at PF, or at C. Miller's a damn good PG.

I would like to see Boykins involved if we sign and trade Wells.

Camby is a great player but his injury history scares me. I believe Nene and Martin both have surgically repaired knees (I could be wrong thou). So that is also a risk.

Boykins? Why? I understand his connection to Musselman. But we are already loaded on the bench with PGs/small guards, two or three of them we are already committed to and intrigued by.

I'll take Camby's 60-65 games a year (based on average of the last 3 seasons) for what the guy brings to both ends of the court.

That would be asking too much for Bibby/Bonzi. If we could somehow pull that trade off, we would still have significant amount of money to spend next year after Corliss and Harts (among others) end.

I am not a camby fan at all..> But I do know he would obviously help us in one of our pressing needs. Especially if we move BRad to the 4 (which I don't like at all btw.)

Don't think it would happen for many reasons. If anything If denver is involved I think we are going to get hammered with the contract of Kmart#2...

Brad won't be moved to the four, that was a different time and situation in 03-04.

If Camby comes here and Brad's still here, it'd go like this: Camby plays at the 4. Or one of Brad/Camby come off the bench. Both would get good minutes. I'd have Camby start, personally, he's awesome on defense and solid offensively. Either way it wouldn't really matter because both would get good minutes.

I am not a camby fan at all..> But I do know he would obviously help us in one of our pressing needs. Especially if we move BRad to the 4 (which I don't like at all btw.)

Don't think it would happen for many reasons. If anything If denver is involved I think we are going to get hammered with the contract of Kmart#2...

I agree, especially with Denver know trading Ruben for Joe Smith, they are really going to try to move KMart and will be very reluctant to lose Camby.

I'm all for a Bonzi/Bibby for Miller/Camby trade. Bonzi is gone anyways and to get Camby would be awesome with Artest. Bibby has a huge contract and Miller is a good PG. We would lose offense in what Bibby bring and spreading the floor with his good shooting for a PG, but this trade addresses our needs in getting a top PF/C in Camby for his defense.

Camby is 32 i think. He doesn't have much left in the tank. BTW, is there any more news on Bonzi and Denver? Have there been any trades discussed with Denver and/or other teams?

I know Camby's 32, and I'll still gladly take his 60-65 games a year (based on the last 3 seasons, averaged 65) for what the guy brings on defense and offense, for the next 2-3 years (maybe even 4 :p). Even if it lessens to some degree.

I haven't read anything on Bonzi/Denver.

Last edited: