The Wrestling Thread~

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Apparently Moxley cut a promo about AEW not being "your" promotion anymore, leading dorks on Twitter to speculate about him meaning that Shane McMahon was coming in.
Ooooohhhh. that's definitely not trending for me.

There seems like too much smoke not to be fire with that one, but it would be the ultimate case of the one dork fantasy booking because who the hell really wants to see that? Aside from bringing in Goldberg or letting Ric Flair work another match this might be in my top 3 of dumbest ideas that could lead TK or one of his stans to think "see, he's winning the war!".

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Ooooohhhh. that's definitely not trending for me.

There seems like too much smoke not to be fire with that one, but it would be the ultimate case of the one dork fantasy booking because who the hell really wants to see that? Aside from bringing in Goldberg or letting Ric Flair work another match this might be in my top 3 of dumbest ideas that could lead TK or one of his stans to think "see, he's winning the war!".
"You know the estranged son of the disgraced former owner of the company we're supposedly trying to position ourselves as the rivals of who was last seen rather embarrassingly blowing out his quads again in front of the world during Wrestlemania? Well, now he's working for us to rehash 75% of the storyline from every single wrestling promo in the late-1990s to mid-2000s!"

I don't think this is what people had in mind when they said they wanted AEW to start doing more story-based wrestling. (And also the only way this would have worked is if CM Punk were involved and that obviously isn't going to happen)

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I think I like the idea of the Heritage Cup way more than the actual Heritage Cup.
It is a cool idea but the two breaking points for me are that a) the 3 minute rounds and quick (usually clean) pinfalls defy modern kayfabe and booking logic and b) there's only so many ways to book a best 2 of 3 falls match even with the round rules so seeing them every week or two is getting stale fast.

Sort of the same issue with Speed. Which I can't even be arsed to watch. At least the Heritage Cup sort of appeals to the soccer fan in me though.

Sooooo, in order to have a pleasant, and efficient, viewing experience, I have just a few questions for you, Mr. Judas Day:
  1. At which point of the video did you commence your trip to "Suplex City"?
  2. At which point of the video did you take an F-5?
  3. At which point of the video did you take a Tsunami?
Because, frankly, I couldn't give much of a crap about anything you did prior to the above three...:p:p:p

Joe Tessitore should stick to his non-WWE broadcasting duties. That was painful to have to sit through, and I can't believe I will have to continue to sit through it for the foreseeable future.

Note: No, I am not saying that he's any better when it comes to his non-WWE broadcasting duties, but...

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Joe Tessitore should stick to his non-WWE broadcasting duties. That was painful to have to sit through, and I can't believe I will have to continue to sit through it for the foreseeable future.

Note: No, I am not saying that he's any better when it comes to his non-WWE broadcasting duties, but...
I mean, it got a little better towards the end but, yeah, it was rough.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I mean, it got a little better towards the end but, yeah, it was rough.
The guy was trying to call professional wrestling like an actual sport instead of pro wrestling so instead of drawing out the drama (“Who’s under the hood? It’s Drew McIntyre!”), he was in full PbP mode (“It’s Drew McIntyre wearing a hoodie!”). Hopefully he’ll get better with reps.

At least it was better than the Kevin Patrick experience.