Monte McNair

That’s a no for me dawg.

We have more than enough offense. If we are talking purely scoring/shooting, how many teams have a better top four than Fox/DDR/Monk/Keegan? I don’t think many. How about passing? How about rebounding? We were near the top on the boards and we added Carter the best rebounding guard in the draft by a mile and DDR who is slightly better than HB. We need the rest of our roster to be filled with defense and shooting. That’s it.
DDR is miles better than HB. When has HB ever averaged what DDR has last season even at his age? We don’t need DDR to average 24-5-5 here. We need his clutch playmaking/scoring, decision making, and guidance as a real vet leader. He is leagues above HB in terms of performance. This isn’t a slight to HB who has been and will continue to be a decent player and a great pro, but let’s not minimize what we accomplished with this signing. We took a significant step forward while giving up very little on our end. May not be the ideal signing, but we didn’t mortgage our future for this move. That’s a major win.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Has Keegan not played power forward for the majority of the last 2 years? He’s a stretch 4. I like Keegan a lot, but he definitely is more of a 4/3 than a 3/4. I’d assume most would agree
Whatever you want to call him, he was one of the top wing defenders in the league and pretty much played the small forward role whenever on the floor with HB or Lyles, which pretty much makes him a three by most definitions of the word. Whether you think that's ultimately his best position is a topic for another thread but he has NOT in fact played power forward for the majority of the last two years.

Whatever you want to call him, he was one of the top wing defenders in the league and pretty much played the small forward role whenever on the floor with HB or Lyles, which pretty much makes him a three by most definitions of the word. Whether you think that's ultimately his best position is a topic for another thread but he has NOT in fact played power forward for the majority of the last two years.
I would disagree. Yes HB has guarded the the bigger players cause he’s stronger, but me personally I don’t consider you a wing or Small forward when your ball handling is extremely limited. HB has his faults for sure, but offensively he handled the ball significantly more than Murray. I suppose you could say Murray is a stretch 4 on offense and a 3 on defense, but considering this team is terrible on defense I’m gonna base the positions on offense.

I would disagree. Yes HB has guarded the the bigger players cause he’s stronger, but me personally I don’t consider you a wing or Small forward when your ball handling is extremely limited. HB has his faults for sure, but offensively he handled the ball significantly more than Murray. I suppose you could say Murray is a stretch 4 on offense and a 3 on defense, but considering this team is terrible on defense I’m gonna base the positions on offense.
Would you have also considered Ben McLemore a stretch 4 due to his god awful handles or was he a SG that simply had bad handles?

Personally, I think the position you defend best is the position I consider you to be.

DDR is miles better than HB. When has HB ever averaged what DDR has last season even at his age? We don’t need DDR to average 24-5-5 here. We need his clutch playmaking/scoring, decision making, and guidance as a real vet leader. He is leagues above HB in terms of performance. This isn’t a slight to HB who has been and will continue to be a decent player and a great pro, but let’s not minimize what we accomplished with this signing. We took a significant step forward while giving up very little on our end. May not be the ideal signing, but we didn’t mortgage our future for this move. That’s a major win.
If you notice that “slightly better than HB” was in the same sentence as my comment in rebounding.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
That runs contrary to how most people are defining positions outside of point guard in the modern game, but you do you.

So when I pointed out your logical inconsistencies in how you arrived at Murray being a PF, you said it’s “dumb?” If you’re not ready to have your lack of logic challenged, perhaps think twice before posting such comments.
We all know Keegan is a tweener. There is nothing wrong with him being a stretch 4 that can at times move down to the 3. In fact I think he NEEDS to play the 3 more and get used to being there because the only way this team truly gets better is by getting more size at the 4 or at the 5 and moving Domas to the 4. But that doesn’t change the fact that to this point he has been a stretch 4. You’re trying to win a debate/argument by bringing up Ben freaking Maclemore. Don’t be stupid

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
We all know Keegan is a tweener. There is nothing wrong with him being a stretch 4 that can at times move down to the 3. In fact I think he NEEDS to play the 3 more and get used to being there because the only way this team truly gets better is by getting more size at the 4 or at the 5 and moving Domas to the 4. But that doesn’t change the fact that to this point he has been a stretch 4. You’re trying to win a debate/argument by bringing up Ben freaking Maclemore. Don’t be stupid
He has been the 3.

Also don't call other posters stupid again. To be clear this is me modding. If it happens again you'll get a time out.

Seriously? Yeah I can think of a few. Good grief, i ha....
You so smart, yet back in July 9, 2022 you couldn't have predicted that Keegan Murray would eventually developed his handling skills and improve on his athleticism on defense and branded him "not a 3". You said he "he seems to want to shoot a lot of threes and not post up a ton" but clearly he has improved his post-up game in year 2.

We are all fans of this team but none of us have a better view than those in charge. If you are seeing something that no one else is seeing, maybe share it to debate instead of thinking that just because some of us didn't come to the same conclusion, we are now somehow, dumber.

Burdened by Puke Walton for 2 years. Assembled his core and we've average 47 wins in 2 seasons with his coach. Continued to be active and aggressive even when deals never materialized.

He's a top tier GM based on body of work so far. Total culture change in the worst org in the league, and demonstrated patience in allowing time for Vivek to fire Walton. Without any leaks or rumors of Puke's job being in jeopardy.

Remains to be seen if he can build a contender. If things don't work out here he'll surely be a hot target for larger market teams. Imagine what this FO could do with the draw of an LA market or similar. We're very lucky with the sea change of the last few years. After the drought it's hard to see otherwise

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Well that was fun!

When somebody comes in with an obvious troll post, it's probably best to just report it and let the mods deal with it.

^^ Yeah, the KINGS getting a poor grade for acquiring a perennial all-star while only trading out a player the seeming majority felt was an underachieving talent and middling starter and a future pick swap is comedy of the highest order.

Further, the Spurs getting an “A” for acquiring the middling starter and unknown pick swap just goes to show how powerful media bias is.

Hypothetically if the roles were reversed and it was San Antonio getting DDR and the KINGS getting HB and the pick swap the grades would still be the same. Tell me I’m wrong.

On a separate note — what’s all the fuss over the 2031 pick swap? Isn’t that a much, much better deal than outright giving picks away? I don’t get all the negativity other than KINGS fans always have to have something to complain about. They can’t complain about McNair not making any moves so this is all they got left in the bag….

Last edited:
^^ Yeah, the KINGS getting a poor grade for acquiring a perennial all-star while only trading out a player the seeming majority felt was an underachieving talent and middling starter and a future pick swap is comedy of the highest order.

Further, the Spurs getting an “A” for acquiring the middling starter and unknown pick swap just goes to show how powerful media bias is.

Hypothetically if the roles were reversed and it was San Antonio getting DDR and the KINGS getting HB and the pick swap the grades would still be the same. Tell me I’m wrong.

On a separate note — what’s all the fuss over the 2031 pick swap? Isn’t that a much, much better deal than outright giving picks away? I don’t get all the negativity other than KINGS fans always have to have something to complain about. They can’t complain about McNair not making any moves so this is all they got left in the bag….
It's engagement farming. Everyone knows at this point if you talk bad about the Kings, everyone one of us bands together to tell them what idiots they are..but that's what they want because it brings traffic to their "work".

Lots of interesting takes in that interview but a couple that stood out to me is that Monte believes Sabonis can defend the perimeter better than he is given credit for ( I agree) and that shooting 3s is more of a bonus than a necessity with him. I wonder if thst first take gives some credence to the idea that the front office could see Sabonis as a 4 down the road.

You so smart, yet back in July 9, 2022 you couldn't have predicted that Keegan Murray would eventually developed his handling skills and improve on his athleticism on defense and branded him "not a 3". You said he "he seems to want to shoot a lot of threes and not post up a ton" but clearly he has improved his post-up game in year 2.

We are all fans of this team but none of us have a better view than those in charge. If you are seeing something that no one else is seeing, maybe share it to debate instead of thinking that just because some of us didn't come to the same conclusion, we are now somehow, dumber.
I actually think they want Keegan to bulk up like he has been to play the 4. Then again I was a big taken aback by Monte pumping up Domas perimeter defense.