Kings after Ingram

He's got this mixed a bit, I think NOP needs one of HB or Huerter to go there with WCJ to make it work. But yeah. I think HB actually makes more sense for them now, weirdly, with them losing Daniels/Naji and now likely trading BI, while Huerter makes way more sense for ORL over HB.

This is the deal that makes way too much sense, so it'll never happen.

NOP gets: HB+WCJ+Kings FRP(s)
Kings get: BI
ORL gets: Huerter
I think Orlando will want more than just Huerter. Not sure how many picks we give up. Kind of a key point.

I’m heading to the shower. We have made a trade or signed free agent 7 times over the past 24 year while I was in shower. Notables Brad miller and Artest
Where were you when we got the Pacers to take on Buddy’s contract and give us a second round pick for the Domas-Tyrese trade because that’s where you just stay for the foreseeable future haha
I was in the bed it was late on the east coast when that went down
"Please stay in bed or the shower for the time being."

--Sincerely, all KINGS fans

In fairness, I didn't expect Huerter to shrivel up like he did in the GS series. Not after witnessing his run during the 2021 postseason. He was a big reason why the Hawks advanced to the ECF's.
After watching him shrink in the 3pt contest, it was pretty much apparent that he shriveled in big moments and big stages.

That postseason run with ATL must have been beginners luck. Because you're right, it's been all downhill since then.

I just think his jump shot is broke. As is his confidence.
He has a hitch in his shot that wasn't there when he first won the starting spot. He literally pump fakes as he goes up. Never saw it until the contest, but is has been obvious ever since.

It's why I will always contend Murray is a better contestant for that contest than Huerter. Murray catches, gathers, and shoots on the jump. Huerter catches, jumps, adjusts, and fires.

Also why I'm not worried about Murray's shot. He hit 12 of 13 3s for a reason. He has the ability to get hot easier than anybody as his shot is predicated on an easy timing. Catch, gather, shoot. There is no wasted motion. It's easily repeatable. Not to mention. Dude is freaking 6'9" and long!

Trading Murray would be SO stupid.

Last edited:

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Is Ingram considered star level at this point?
In all seriousness I think if you squint real hard and drop your standard from say top 10% to top 20% sure and sadly in the current market has contract would be top 10% on a resigning. Personally I look at him as a talented but flawed player who makes a nice fourth or fifth option in a starting lineup and quite possibly a sixth Man of the Year off the bench kind of guy but that's just me. At the end of the day though Ingram has never made any team he was on much better than it was without him so it's hard for me too justify giving up more than Barnes or Kvon. I get the whole matching salaries but in terms of just talent level there's no universe in which I trade Keegan, or fox or Sabonis or Monk for Ingram.

I don't mind not trading for a name player as the cost of those guys is often so high but please improve the squad some way. Free agent signing? If you can't do that don't trade Portland's second round pick to clear cap space.

How about Sam Amick saying he can see the Kings running it back again. Lol Monte
Yeah, I heard that.

You could hear Dave and Jason restrained gasps when he said that

I’m getting the drift of a run back as well. But not presented as one because of Devin Carter and the subtraction of a few players(cost cutting). Even though he’s a rookie.

It’s getting depressing listening to khtk and all of them talking about how Lauri fits, DDR fits, Ingram, LaVine when literally nothing is happening and rumors of one target ends as soon as talk of the other begins. Which means the rumor is dead because the smoke is gone.
Making it seem more like a shiny object to distract from inactivity.

It’s a shame teams better than the Kings still looked at their rosters and saw things they can improve on and did so dramatically.

Im also starting to question if Monte sees anything in players that aren’t “names”.

Like does Monte look at someone like PJ Washington and see a player that can do what he did for Dallas? It seems since the last time Monte actually made a significant move..which is now over two years ago…we’re only ever hearing about the Kings being interested in name players, even ones that make no sense like Siakam and Dejounte Murray.

I never wanted to hear about Dejounte Murray or ball dominant guards when the rationale for moving Haliburton was Fox couldn’t play with another ball dominant guard lol

Does Monte even agree that the Kings have an urgent issue with lack of athleticism and length at multiple positions that can be addressed with modest trades and contracts?

Needless to say, I’m growing quite restless

Last edited:
Yeah, I heard that.

You could hear Dave and Jason restrained gasps when he said that

I’m getting the drift of a run back as well. But not presented as one because of Devin Carter and the subtraction of a few players(cost cutting). Even though he’s a rookie.

It’s getting depressing listening to khtk and all of them talking about how Lauri fits, DDR fits, Ingram, LaVine when literally nothing is happening and rumors of one target ends as soon as talk of the other begins. Which means the rumor is dead because the smoke is gone.
Making it seem more like a shiny object to distract from inactivity.

It’s a shame teams better than the Kings still looked at their rosters and saw things they can improve on and did so dramatically.

Im also starting to question if Monte sees anything in players that aren’t “names”.

Like does Monte look at someone like PJ Washington and see a player that can do what he did for Dallas. It seems since the last time Monte actually made a significant move..which is now over two years ago…

…we’re only ever hearing about the Kings being interested in name players, even ones that make no sense like Siakam and Dejounte Murray.

I never wanted to hear about Dejounte Murray or ball dominant guards when the rationale for moving Haliburton was Fox couldn’t play with another ball dominant guard lol

Does Monte even agree that the Kings have an urgent issue with lack of athleticism and length at multiple positions that can be addressed with modest trades and contracts?

Needless to say, I’m growing quite restless
I could see Vivek getting involved here too "star or bust" type mentality from him.

But yeah, you can't pass on all the wing depth signed this offseason in the name of star hunting...to just strike out on star hunting. For a team that stalled last year, it's death

Lets hope we're not left to assume that they made the trade to clear space, thinking they would then get someone high on their list, only to find out that nobody will go for that without Murray.
Monte can't let Huerter ride into next season with the risk of him getting Holmes'd. One has to wonder if he's looking at this whole thing as a value spin where he won't take less than an equal talent. Hopefully Monte isn't getting horrendous deals requiring picks to dump Huerter too.

Like does Monte look at someone like PJ Washington and see a player that can do what he did for Dallas?
We just don’t have enough assets to trade first round picks for PJ Washington types imo. If we traded a first rounder for him at the deadline last season I don’t think that would have changed our fate all that much. Has to be either a big talent upgrade or elite role player like Caruso. Monte thinks he found his Caruso in Carter so that’s why he didn’t trade 13 and a future first for Kuzma. There aren’t that many landing spots for BI so I’m still holding out a bit of hope that something can get done there. If not, I’m looking to see what kind of player I can get for KVon with no picks and then hold on to those firsts WCJ still seems like a good fit. I’m not sold on Beef Stew because the pistons fans seem to want to get rid of him but I’d at least take a look.

We just don’t have enough assets to trade first round picks for PJ Washington types imo. If we traded a first rounder for him at the deadline last season I don’t think that would have changed our fate all that much. Has to be either a big talent upgrade or elite role player like Caruso. Monte thinks he found his Caruso in Carter so that’s why he didn’t trade 13 and a future first for Kuzma. There aren’t that many landing spots for BI so I’m still holding out a bit of hope that something can get done there. If not, I’m looking to see what kind of player I can get for KVon with no picks and then hold on to those firsts WCJ still seems like a good fit. I’m not sold on Beef Stew because the pistons fans seem to want to get rid of him but I’d at least take a look.
Keon Ellis is their Caruso. I think they're expecting Carter to be more.

I'm not excited about adding a 6'8 "center"

I could see Vivek getting involved here too "star or bust" type mentality from him.

But yeah, you can't pass on all the wing depth signed this offseason in the name of star hunting...to just strike out on star hunting. For a team that stalled last year, it's death
I know people will say in a mocking tone that there is plenty more time in the offseason to make moves, but this is starting to feel like the trade deadline, and last off season, and….I’d love to be patient and wait for internal growth from Keegan, Carter and Ellis, but hard to be patient.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I'll stay optimistic about running it back.

-Keon emerging as a two way upgrade over Huerter is huge.
-Carter could potentially have a larger impact than "Davion upgrade".
-Fox needs to not take his usual 6 weeks off mid season to play like **** and have a **** attitude. Give this fella some vitamin D supplements or something in the winter. If he plays at a high level all season we get at least 5 more Ws.
-Keegan needs to take that leap and give us a big 3. I'm optimistic.
-Domas needs to take a few more outside shots per game. Fox needs to take a few more middies a game because he's elite at that range.
-We've needed a HB upgrade for like, 4 years.

BI would have been nice but I think we're still anywhere from a 4-6 seed without him.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll stay optimistic about running it back.

-Keon emerging as a two way upgrade over Huerter is huge.
-Carter could potentially have a larger impact than "Davion upgrade".
-Fox needs to not take his usual 6 weeks off mid season to play like **** and have a **** attitude. Give this fella some vitamin D supplements or something in the winter. If he plays at a high level all season we get at least 5 more Ws.
-Keegan needs to take that leap and give us a big 3. I'm optimistic.
-Domas needs to take a few more outside shots per game. Fox needs to take a few more middies a game because he's elite at that range.
-We've needed a HB upgrade for like, 4 years.

BI would have been nice but I think we're still anywhere from a 4-6 seed without him.
As a team the Kings need to hit their free throws. Last season they were dead last in FT% while only being 21st in FT attempts per game. Move both of those to even League average and it likely means 3-4 more wins at least.