[NBA] 2024 Free Agency mega-thread

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Washington signs average players to value deals and use them as trade assets to get picks. They are like a farm team that keeps the costs low and flips assets when they reach higher value (or get expensive).
That only works when the value guys aren’t all playing the same position. Last season it was Delon Wright, Tyus Jones, and Jordon Poole all being point guards and now it’s Jonas, Richaun, Bagley, who are all playing the same position as the guy they just took second overall.

This is my biggest fear: Monte focuses solely on BI and these others get swooped up. Then the deal disintegrates and we are running it back.
I was one of the loudest and most disappointed voices last offseason when Monte "ran it back". Landing a piece like Carter with a pick you really shouldn't have had in the first place a big, big difference. That said, Monte needs to at least dump Huerters deal somehow if nothing goes down. Monte has potential flexibility trade wise moving on if he does.

With all these bigs signed I do wonder if the Wizards let go of Vukcevic for real and plan on rather developing Sarr and don't see them as playable together. The Kings should be all over that as a Lyles replacement (huge upside) in a year or so. Potentially a good fit next to Sabonis.....