Kings trade 49th pick for rights to Sasha Vezenkov

No, we sold the pick for 1.75 million.

And I stand by my earlier statements.

Has Monte hit on a second round pick? Seeing that he has not...he sold this 2nd pick for 1.75 mil...pretty simple and a player not likely to make any noticeable improvement to an NBA roster, if he should make the roster at all. Yes, 2nd round picks do have value =1.75 mil.

Incorrect. And the failure to see this trade for what it is, 1.75 mil in cash, is a characteristic of wishful but naive fans. Are you thinking, Cleveland paid 1.75 million, to rid themselves of this impactful NBA player?

I suspect about 3 years ago you were drinking the same Kool-aid when pushing for the Vlade extention. Kings are still paying Vlade, Luke and Gentry too.

I truly hope the Kings have the right players to win this year. As far as the last 2 years go with Monte as GM, just look at the record, which is uninspiring. You don't suggest that our record was good the last two years, with Monte as GM?

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
You were still wrong. We negotiated with Vezenkov, we signed him, we brought him over, and we played him. It didn't work out. Stuff happens. But it was not remotely a "sold" pick. It was traded for player rights that we wanted and used.

BTW, don't check now, but the player selected with the #49 pick has not seen 1/3 of the floor time that Sasha saw in his first season alone.

Congrats on having an opinion, but you were still wrong.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Cap - I asked in the Jalen thread, we'll get a TPE out of this right? So at minimum we converted a second round pick that was "never coming to USA" into useful NBA contract play money?

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Cap - I asked in the Jalen thread, we'll get a TPE out of this right? So at minimum we converted a second round pick that was "never coming to USA" into useful NBA contract play money?
Yeah, we should. There is still some question about how Toronto is going to structure the deal, I'm not sure how much difference that will make. But since TPE can't be combined, the maximum size it could be would be about $6M I think. It's a thing, but it's not a big thing.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Yeah, we should. There is still some question about how Toronto is going to structure the deal, I'm not sure how much difference that will make. But since TPE can't be combined, the maximum size it could be would be about $6M I think. It's a thing, but it's not a big thing.
If the Reggie Jackson trade is a market indicator, those 6 million dollars are worth at least three unprotected second round picks!!!!

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
With the new apron rules teams may want a buy out player and in order to get it have to move salary and could include picks in such a deal. I think the things are historically useless but it’s a new era.

You were still wrong. We negotiated with Vezenkov, we signed him, we brought him over, and we played him. It didn't work out. Stuff happens. But it was not remotely a "sold" pick. It was traded for player rights that we wanted and used.

BTW, don't check now, but the player selected with the #49 pick has not seen 1/3 of the floor time that Sasha saw in his first season alone.

Congrats on having an opinion, but you were still wrong.
I beg to differ. You stated, " It didn't work out." So as I stated, when I wrote the post years ago, the Kings received 1.75 million. What else do they have now?

It had more to do with available roster spots and Monte was able to sign the guys he wanted as non drafted.
June 28 gave 45 and Portland 2nd to dump salary (Davion and Sasha)

2023 traded 1st to Dallas to dump contracts
Traded 2 seconds to Indiana for Duarte

Traded 2025 1st to Atlanta for Huerter

Traded 2 seconds for Delon Wright

Traded a 2nd for Terrance Davis.

true but you can’t dismiss the Kings have repeatedly traded picks of all sorts to save money and on questionable players who haven’t stuck with the team.
June 28 gave 45 and Portland 2nd to dump salary (Davion and Sasha)

To get under the tax and keep flexibility with the roster and getting the full MLE.

Signed Crawford and Jones

2023 traded 1st to Dallas to dump contracts

TO SPEND MORE MONEY ON EXTENDING DOMAS!!!

Traded 2 seconds to Indiana for Duarte

Gee this means spending money on Duarte

Traded 2025 1st to Atlanta for Huerter

Traded 2 seconds for Delon Wright

Again spending more money

Traded a 2nd for Terrance Davis.

And again spending more money
your theory that they aren't willing to spend money doesn't hold up.