Welcome Jalen McDaniels

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I give this a grade of I - Giving Monte the benefit of the doubt for now, I anticipate this is a precursor for FA opening on Sunday. I look at McDaniels as a end of bench piece.

We did get longer than 24 hours ago..lol
“Too many guards!”
“We’re too small!”
Not so much anymore lol

And just before anyone gets too butthurt. I'm not sure if the numbers are totally correct, but I wouldn't be surprised if you see Edwards and Slawson waived here fairly soon.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
And just before anyone gets too butthurt. I'm not sure if the numbers are totally correct, but I wouldn't be surprised if you see Edwards and Slawson waived here fairly soon.
Slawson’s on a two way so he should probably still be on the summer league squad at least if only to fill out the two separate rosters we apparently have for the California Classic. (Plus I still believe in his skill set as a poor man’s Draymond)

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I don’t know the final terms of the trade structure on the surface I don’t like that we has to “sweeten” it with any picks but:
Might open up full MLE
Might open up room to take back extra salary in Huerter or Barnes deals
Almost certainly restores leverage in Huerter trade talks

If this is table setting the big offseason move I’m excited to see what it is.

Welcome Jalen either way. I hope that we did our homework and picked out a gem in the rough.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
That's where I land. Vlade erred, but he did some good things in his tenure. I can't think of a single accomplishment for Pete D.
There’s a reason I give that one guy Lord Voldemort treatment.

Vlade’s draft history was bad but I do not believe Vlade was really scouting these guys. And the Philly trade was brought on by the failings of his predecessors which unfortunately also includes one of Petrie’s worst moves (pick tied to Casspi-Hickson deal where we also gave up the better player in that deal).

Slawson’s on a two way so he should probably still be on the summer league squad at least if only to fill out the two separate rosters we apparently have for the California Classic. (Plus I still believe in his skill set as a poor man’s Draymond)
Right now he appears to have a cap hold though. He and Edwards are slotted in around 4.4 million. Monte could also waive Len and McGee, but some of that might have to go at some point.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Right now he appears to have a cap hold though. He and Edwards are slotted in around 4.4 million. Monte could also waive Len and McGee, but some of that might have to go at some point.
I’ve seen the hold when I share the cap table but I don’t quite understand it or two way deals, apparently.

Heh. It just cost Denver three seconds to move off of Reggie Jackson's $5.3M contract. Maybe we didn't get abused all that badly?
The danger on this trade is certainly Davion and Sasha getting an actual chance to play. Monte will get roasted if they live up to the shiny moments, but if Carter pans out and the Kings are winning oh well.