Draft Day!

Who will the Kings pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
not really sure what the upside is considering all the odds are against him on even making a rotation. if he makes it through, he's likely never starting next to Fox unless you want the smallest backcourt in the league with questionable shooting.
Smallest? Cavs seemed to go pretty far and they were even smaller. Carter ain't getting munched by SG's, bet on that. Might send a few home crying to mommy though.

Imagine in 2017 if we picked Donovan Mitchell at 10. We'd all be like what the hell are we doing? We just drafted Fox and Hield is the future. There's no minutes!

Of course I have no idea if Carter will turn out to be a player or not but I get picking the guy you think is the best player available.
"Luka won't fit with Fox! Take the better fit in Bagley!"

Obviously, I don't think us taking Carter over everyone else at 13 ever punishes us close to that, but that's the exact reason you never draft for need. Ever. You use trades and FA to fill needs. You take your BPA, every time.

Admittedly this is the least I’ve know about a draft in years. Heard Carter is good, but why are we drafting a 6’2” when we have four rotation guards guaranteed next year, not even counting Huerter? This only makes sense to me if Davion gets traded now.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Even with all the roster questions this immediately brings up, I already like this draft infinitely more than what happened last year. Betting on talent is the GM's job. And now we have a solid coaching staff who can actually develop that talent.

not really sure what the upside is considering all the odds are against him on even making a rotation. if he makes it through, he's likely never starting next to Fox unless you want the smallest backcourt in the league with questionable shooting.
odds against making rotation? - huh? He's gonna get quite a few minutes easy with his defensive mindset. The team is in dire need of better defense.

I talked about this in earlier threads but, Davion is heading into the last season of his rookie deal. I think he likely was always on the way out. You just couldn't justify giving him a 4/40 type deal, if he had a strong season.

The guard rotation is going to be Fox/Keon/Monk/Carter. 2 elite shot creators and 2 absolute defensive disruptors. Davion, Huerter are going to be gone.

Well crap.. Don't need this guy... Who cares how good he is if he doesn't get any playing time or if he's playing and winning with Stockton. How does he help the Kings now?

dude12

Hall of Famer
There are 96 guard minutes to fill…..Carter and Ellis going to play some 3……..I mean I get they have length but the other teams have guys at the 3 who are bigger taller with more length….no?

Keon and Davion on the trade block in separate deals to bring back bigger wings?