[NBA] The Finals

Who Ya Got?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Honestly don’t know where the Mavs go from here. Most of their team is under contract for next year but they’re likely losing their best point of attack defender (DJJ is a free agent) and this was Kyrie’s healthiest season in a decade. They also have like no picks left and no cap room.
If the Celtics are indeed the next dynasty it might not matter for anyone haha. They are the next best shot at having a 3 peat type of team. If that happens most likely a team like the Mavs or someone else might get one of those rich get richer kind of trades where they pick up talent for meh parts. I would be surprised to see Jones leave because he's been around the block awhile now, he never seemed to generate that interest. Then again, look at Bruce Brown. Then again, look at Bruce Brown, lol. That might prove why you don't overpay contender teams role guys like that. It's amazing, it's always been that way and teams always seem to regret it.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
If the Celtics are indeed the next dynasty it might not matter for anyone haha. They are the next best shot at having a 3 peat type of team. If that happens most likely a team like the Mavs or someone else might get one of those rich get richer kind of trades where they pick up talent for meh parts. I would be surprised to see Jones leave because he's been around the block awhile now, he never seemed to generate that interest. Then again, look at Bruce Brown. Then again, look at Bruce Brown, lol. That might prove why you don't overpay contender teams role guys like that. It's amazing, it's always been that way and teams always seem to regret it.
Celtics are also kind of in the same boat as the Mavs though. Their moves to put together this year’s roster have kind of capped their long term viability/Zaps is always injured/Horford is probably retiring if they get their rings this season/ Jrue is 34 as of today/their good assistant coach is moving on to his own team, leaving them with Joe Mazz fully in charge again

Celtics are also kind of in the same boat as the Mavs though. Their moves to put together this year’s roster have kind of capped their long term viability/Zaps is always injured/Horford is probably retiring if they get their rings this season/ Jrue is 34 as of today/their good assistant coach is moving on to his own team, leaving them with Joe Mazz fully in charge again
Better to be stuck at the top for a time, then the bottom for all time, haha. It's all about the competition and most of their competitors are old or falling apart too, at least right now. If the C's do end up dipping, they can always make a blockbuster trade involving someone like Brown. Which was my hope. I wanted them to fail miserably because maybe the Kings could have made a play, but... too late. Who knows, maybe the Mavs will steamroll from here on out. The C's back is against the wall in a way. They are a team that has done everything to pull it off this year.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
They didn’t even bother revealing the result?

Oh I guess Kidd thought better so he could waste his challenge when Doncic made number six on the next possession lol