[Game] Sacramento Kings @ Atlanta Hawks, 12/29/2023, 4:30pm PST/7:30pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another tough matchup. I'd say it's a good sign that Fox looked as bad as he did and they're not down 30. Fox needs serious help tonight, unless he goes nuclear next half. Monk and Lyles can't do it themselves.
But at what point do these teams stop being “bad matchups” vs. the Kings not being a good team?

I hope we don't have to showcase him all the way till the dead line. Seems like very few trades happen before then anymore
Huerter, Barnes, Davion and ??

for...

??

I barely watch any other teams so I don't have a feel for other players. What does that get us? What if we throw in a first rounder? What borderline all star 2 guard could come in here and flourish up to all star level?

But at what point do these teams stop being “bad matchups” vs. the Kings not being a good team?
Well, I mean the Kings are a good team, but they certainly and clearly have a hard time against size and athletic ability. That book is written. The Kings scoring is an issue in this one for sure. The Hawks watched video and scouted those passing lanes. It's starting to become a thing where Fox can't even be average for stretches. He looks a little tired out there.

you can blame Barnes and Huerter

but Domas and Murray were -30 in that half

not sure how they don’t share in the boards wrath.
The odd thing is Brown NEVER just benches players like that. Maybe he's just trying to get them over the malaise the Kings have been going through lately but Brown is usually almost OCD when it comes to his rotation.

Huerter, Barnes, Davion and ??

for...

??

I barely watch any other teams so I don't have a feel for other players. What does that get us? What if we throw in a first rounder? What borderline all star 2 guard could come in here and flourish up to all star level?
Sorry guys but that package gets the all star 2 guard that has a name that rhymes with "Latrine". hahaha.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Maybe but when you are on the floor and the defense outright sucks it’s an objective way of pointing out the obvious.
Sure but not sure how much Domas and Keegan are to blame for Huerter randomly deciding to switch on every single screen over the last couple of weeks for some reason and Barnes having another one of his patented old guy games while both guys also contributed absolutely nothing on offense.

We have Murray in a role he is not suited to play. He just isn’t quick enough. We have Domas impersonating a turnstile.

We need a defensive 3 that can take primary defensive responsibility and we can slide Keegan to the 4 and take up back up d responsibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.