[Game] Kings @ Rockets, 11/6/2023 5pm Pacific 8pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I’ve lost all faith in Mitchell ever being a good enough backup to help us win if fox is out. We need a more fox like backup. When he comes in he’s a tempo killer. He’s a 3 and D miget pg. we need a downhill backup pg so we can keep the same offense going. I’m pissed
One of the most concerning things about Davion this season is that it looks like he's regressed on defense as well. The lateral quickness isn't there right now for some reason.

At this point, it’s less about getting a win and more about not embarrassing yourself. I’d probably feed Sabonis every time and see if he can either turn the foul game tide or kick back out for spray threes. We are going to need to get this to 12 by the end of the 3rd to have even the slightest chance.
They will attack Sobonis right back and get him in foul trouble. Sobonis is so passive it’s not even funny. We don’t even have an advantage at center anymore. I don’t know what happend. He simply rebounds and passes. No more consistent bullly ball

We are getting zero calls
Our offense is terrible
Our defense is terrible

Amazing what a player like brooks can do to a team. If we wanted to play defense we should have got defenders. We added more offensive players and expect to play better defense smh m. Stick to our strength man!
Put Kessler Edwards on him. Be creative, Coach!

One of the most concerning things about Davion this season is that it looks like he's regressed on defense as well. The lateral quickness isn't there right now for some reason.
Exactly. Looks like he’s just cheating on defense now instead of actually playing it. I’ve seen him go under screens more time this year than anytime during his rookie season. And he still has same offensive limitations. Dare I say he was a better rookie defender?

They will attack Sobonis right back and get him in foul trouble. Sobonis is so passive it’s not even funny. We don’t even have an advantage at center anymore. I don’t know what happend. He simply rebounds and passes. No more consistent bullly ball
A guy who doesn't shoot well....and doesn't seem to want to shoot, is a rather easy player to game plan against

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I’ve lost all faith in Mitchell ever being a good enough backup to help us win if fox is out. We need a more fox like backup. When he comes in he’s a tempo killer. He’s a 3 and D miget pg. we need a downhill backup pg so we can keep the same offense going. I’m pissed
Davion was toast when he was deemed bad enough not to be on the floor defending Stephen going off for 50 after he was at the very minimum a pesky defender against him early in that very same series.

you and I share the same vision here except I was saying to myself that he has the mindset of a pass first point guard who just happens to be blessed with 7 feet
He may give the impression of a passing big with pg talent but I don’t he is that great on that either. Good at stat sheet but he is not even close passing european centers this league has seen like Arvydas, Divac from past or Jokic and not even Sengun. He is too predictable.

Because we Are pressing. We had a great opportunity to build our identity as the best nba Team ever offensively, instead Brown decided to focus on our weakness and start again from scratch
Exactly! I have been saying that for weeks! You could see it in preseason. There was no cohesion on either side of the ball.

Put Kessler Edwards on him. Be creative, Coach!
If the offense is sinking that bad, why not put in some young guys to shake it up? Until last garbage time I forgot Edwards was still even on the team, lol. Very strange tenure for him with Sac. Traded over, instant rotation guy. Once the playoffs start he's ghostville.

The Kings don't even look like a shadow of their former selves.....Personally I think it will take a miracle to make the playoffs this year. And yes I know it's early but we don't even look the slightly similar to last year out on the court....and I just don't see that all of the sudden changing....

The Kings don't even look like a shadow of their former selves.....Personally I think it will take a miracle to make the playoffs this year. And yes I know it's early but we don't even look the slightly similar to last year out on the court....and I just don't see that all of the sudden changing....
Thing is, first 4 games.... basically just a continuation of last season. That Warriors game was honestly some of the best ball this core has played, despite the loss.

Then.. poof. Not sure what the hell happened this week, but SOMETHING must have gone down behind the scenes. You don't play the Warriors as well as did and then just totally crap the bed vs Hou TWICE

"panic" is not even close to here, but concerned....yeah I'm there. This team is going to be hard pressed to secure a top 6 seed, without a major change in play style

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I also wish we would have upgraded Barnes honestly. He is who we thought he is. Amazing sometimes and disappearing most times. He’s a catch 20 20.

but I won’t panic just yet. Let’s see second half
Barnes at his deal is still better than Grant at 160 million. That’s my only saving Grace with him still being here.

Status
Not open for further replies.