[Game] Golden State Warriors (6) @ Sacramento Kings (3) (WCDS Game 5, 2-2) 4/26/2023 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern (TNT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we willing to give up Murray though if the chance presents itself where we're able to get another star because you know they will ask for him right?
We did it with Haliburton... but that was during a time where we had 0 All-Stars on the team (yes including Fox). But now that we have 2-All Stars, I think any trade with Murray would have to heavily benefit the Kings in order for us to pull the trigger. That means they star player would have to be able to play alongside Fox and Sabonis.

Someone mentioned Siakam, but that floor spacing would be absolute hell for the team.

Are we willing to give up Murray though if the chance presents itself where we're able to get another star because you know they will ask for him right?
I probably wouldn't. Murray from what I understand hasn't even really shown his full offensive repertoire so you'd be selling yourself short selling someone who hasn't shown everything he can do which would raise his value.

I think you need to keep him but perhaps dump all your draft picks for another high end talent and/or try to get a solid free agent which I think we haven't really discussed

What about the FA market?

Any good potential targets for us?

We should be a more attractive destination now that we aren't horrific

Perhaps an off-season of lose Barnes, sign Sasha, trade maybe draft picks for someone and perhaps get a solid FA?

Hell no, I am trading Keegan for SiasuckKam. Keegan will become one of those GS splash brothers in the future, guaranteed.
It's possible, but if he doesn't? And if he does, Brown has to figure out how to get that every night because to me that's what's lacking a bit here. There's a lot to be said for situation and guarantee.

I agree with the first part. I want Coach Brown to show more faith in him though and treat him like a true second option scorer rather than just another floor spacer. If we simply take what the defense gives us we will lose to this Golden State team. Draymond is an out of control lunatic and the officials do not care. The only way we extend this series is by stretching their defense enough that Fox and Sabonis can actually get good looks in the paint again. Spacing is the force multiplier which allows our offense to sing and for the last two games Keegan has been the only guy who is actually making threes consistently.
He was actually looking to assert himself before he got froze out. 3 games of no show and he's looked to establish himself in a pivotal game while our vets sit around ducking their thumbs.

I feel if if we trade him we're going to regret it. Nevermind trading every good prospect we have gets exhausting. There isn't even a positional crunch like Hali. If anything were still lacking in his archetype.

I probably wouldn't. Murray from what I understand hasn't even really shown his full offensive repertoire so you'd be selling yourself short selling someone who hasn't shown everything he can do which would raise his value.

I think you need to keep him but perhaps dump all your draft picks for another high end talent and/or try to get a solid free agent which I think we haven't really discussed

What about the FA market?

Any good potential targets for us?

We should be a more attractive destination now that we aren't horrific

Perhaps an off-season of lose Barnes, sign Sasha, trade maybe draft picks for someone and perhaps get a solid FA?

He's like the only F on this roster built for playoff style ball though and the only player that can get you to the charity stripe when called upon. If Monte keeps this as is, Barnes has to be a part of that otherwise all of the weight of Fox carrying this team just gets heavier. The issue with FA is the Kings won't have enough money to do much of anything. I still think the possible dump of 24 and Holmes is doable and would help a lot though. Let Barnes walk, but then sign who? Grant? That might be a 1 step back to take 1.5 forward thing, what does it get you in the end.

I can't give GS any credit for winning this game when they had the officials on their side for all 4 quarters. It was touch fouls on one end and no-calls on the other for 48 straight minutes. And we're supposed to be mad at the Kings for missing too many jumpers? They were getting hammered every time they were within 10 feet of the basket. The NBA is still a joke.
Glad i didn't see a lot of this one. Knew the refs would make sure we have no shot smh you can't survive playing 5 on 8

We also have more playoff wins than the Bucks. Literally anything is possible, Kings fans. Need 4 wins, not 3.
Maybe next game Keegan shows that untouchable the Kings need to see and Fox goes to that next level. It's possible but so far, the Kings do indeed look outmatched. No question about it. The 2 wins were grit wins, once the game turned to talent and scoring and Kerr went small ball it's been pretty one sided.

We did it with Haliburton... but that was during a time where we had 0 All-Stars on the team (yes including Fox). But now that we have 2-All Stars, I think any trade with Murray would have to heavily benefit the Kings in order for us to pull the trigger. That means they star player would have to be able to play alongside Fox and Sabonis.

Someone mentioned Siakam, but that floor spacing would be absolute hell for the team.
Well, if they are going to shoot like crap come playoff time anyway, haha. Siakam can go get his 20 every night though while also passing and cutting. That's the difference.

Can we please hold the "trade for a star" talk until after we're kicked out of the playoffs? That's prime material for TDOS.

You ride with the horses that brought you here. The next game is a do-or-die game and I'm very interested in seeing how the staff and team responds.
And talk about what instead? There wasn't much to draw from in this game other than getting screwed on calls, Draymond and Curry kicking sand in faces, and overall disappointment. hahaha.

observations for Game 5; Warriors have figured the Kings out and when you have Looney gobbling up boards and Dray scoring 20+ on that efficiency on top of Curry, Klay and Wiggins getting their usuals, it's a done deal. This will be the last home game for this beam season because I don't think the Kings have it in them quite yet to win a Playoff road game versus that type of experience so with that said, if Sabonis is your number two option behind Fox, the ceiling will be capped for this team. Monte may have to sacrifice a little bit of offense to bring in more defense, Kings have no body that can protect the paint and try to find another pesky defender whether it's with one of the draft picks or come July 1st.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Maybe next game Keegan shows that untouchable the Kings need to see and Fox goes to that next level. It's possible but so far, the Kings do indeed look outmatched. No question about it. The 2 wins were grit wins, once the game turned to talent and scoring and Kerr went small ball it's been pretty one sided.
Oh I completely disagree with this take. We got two games of straight up basketball and the Kings were the better team both times. Then there was an all-out media blitz on behalf of the Warriors fanbase to find some version of reality where Golden State was being treated unfairly because there's no other way they could be losing to Sacramento, right? I didn't see Game 3 because I was visiting family so I don't know what happened there but the last two games have just been Draymond and Steph love-fests to such an insane degree that they were almost unwinnable -- and somehow they were both still pretty close. There is a LOT of contact which is being ignored from both Steph and Draymond on both offense and defense -- pushing off, shoulder checking, slapping at the ball. Draymond drew two charges in this game where he was lunging in front of the offensive player and not even close to having established position.

The look on Fox's face in the last couples minutes of this game said exactly what I was thinking. These games are virtually unwinnable when one team has such an aura of superiority in the minds of the league officials and the national commentators that they are allowed to break the rules constantly and are celebrated for it. Look how open Steph is! Nevermind that he's holding Fox at arm's length while coming around screens. Look at Draymond's expert timing from the weak side! Nevermind that he's slapping people in the face and screaming at officials with no consequences. Are the Warriors talented? Yes. More talented than the Kings? I'd like to see them play a 7 game series where both teams are just treated as basketball teams instead of mortals vs. demigods of basketball invincibility.

And talk about what instead? There wasn't much to draw from in this game other than getting screwed on calls, Draymond and Curry kicking sand in faces, and overall disappointment. hahaha.
If Monk and Fox hit their open threes in the last minute, we're talking about a different result. It is a make or miss league. On paper, the King should be overmatched but we have seen this team go toe-to-toe and grit out wins. It's not over until it is over.

As a mark of respect to the players battling out there, I wouldn't talk about trades when we are still playing in the playoffs. There's no cavalry coming, folks.

More than spacing, I know Siakam is a stud defender but I still don't like multi-big pairings in this day and age.
Neither do I but we've seen a whole heck of a lot of big pairings this year with Brown. If Lyles can play PF next to Domas/Len, yeah, I think Siakam will be just fine and dandy. Plus Brown is pretty good staggering units. Instead of having Fox and Domas trading off, he can trade both bigs off with Fox and play smaller at times.

I have to think something is wrong with Sabonis. He is getting his butt kicked on the boards by Looney. This is the league leader in rebounds going out there and getting killed game after game

Oh I completely disagree with this take. We got two games of straight up basketball and the Kings were the better team both times. Then there was an all-out media blitz on behalf of the Warriors fanbase to find some version of reality where Golden State was being treated unfairly because there's no other way they could be losing to Sacramento, right? I didn't see Game 3 because I was visiting family so I don't know what happened there but the last two games have just been Draymond and Steph love-fests to such an insane degree that they were almost unwinnable -- and somehow they were both still pretty close. There is a LOT of contact which is being ignored from both Steph and Draymond on both offense and defense -- pushing off, shoulder checking, slapping at the ball. Draymond drew two charges in this game where he was lunging in front of the offensive player and not even close to having established position.

The look on Fox's face in the last couples minutes of this game said exactly what I was thinking. These games are virtually unwinnable when one team has such an aura of superiority in the minds of the league officials and the national commentators that they are allowed to break the rules constantly and are celebrated for it. Look how open Steph is! Nevermind that he's holding Fox at arm's length while coming around screens. Look at Draymond's expert timing from the weak side! Nevermind that he's slapping people in the face and screaming at officials with no consequences. Are the Warriors talented? Yes. More talented than the Kings? I'd like to see them play a 7 game series where both teams are just treated as basketball teams instead of mortals vs. demigods of basketball invincibility.
I think you have to give them a little more credit but couldn't both things be true though? Calls most certainly have been a part of them looking outmatched but once Kerr went small, the series turned to a degree.

Neither do I but we've seen a whole heck of a lot of big pairings this year with Brown. If Lyles can play PF next to Domas/Len, yeah, I think Siakam will be just fine and dandy. Plus Brown is pretty good staggering units. Instead of having Fox and Domas trading off, he can trade both bigs off with Fox and play smaller at times.
Personally I would just resign Barnes for insurance, get some combination of Josh Hart, Naz Reid, PJ Washington, and run it back with the caveat that we're open to eschewing Barnes for a RFA or trading/sign-and-trading Huerter.

But in this case, I'd prefer to pursue a RFA like Cam Johnson. IF we can get Hart and Cam Johnson, that's a massive defensive and physicality improvement while not particularly harming the spacing.

And waiting until 2024 until the big splash if there even is one at all, because our '24 pick is still tied up with the Huerter trade. I think the '24-25 season is the one where we can really start talking about making title runs.

If Monk and Fox hit their open threes in the last minute, we're talking about a different result. It is a make or miss league. On paper, the King should be overmatched but we have seen this team go toe-to-toe and grit out wins. It's not over until it is over.

As a mark of respect to the players battling out there, I wouldn't talk about trades when we are still playing in the playoffs. There's no cavalry coming, folks.
I have enough respect for the players to believe that they don't give 2 craps about a message board where these types of things are meant to be discussed ;). We've been doing this long before any of these players were even on the team, and if lucky, will long after they're off the team. If you don't want to partake fine.

Sorry, that's not happening. The superstar packages are going to be youth and a crippling amount of future picks. Good news, a few teams like Tortonto, maybe the Wizards might be willing to finally tap out on their superstars. Monte has to look at this as Fox and Sabonis and everything else is touchable for the right price.
lol what fake superstars are on those teams worth trading murray for? Beal is a stat pad non defensive player and Toronto has no one of interest

Status
Not open for further replies.