[Game] Golden State Warriors (6) @ Sacramento Kings (3) (WCDS Game 5, 2-2) 4/26/2023 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern (TNT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of the criticisms we have against individual players can be explained by defensive scheme strategies. Yes, even if it seems like they're missing open threes. Our offensive rhythm has been severely disrupted... by injuries, and by the dubs schemes. yes, our players are partially to blame, but I submit that there are larger factors that don't get credit here. let's not put it all on individual player failure.
Kevin not hitting shots is ok but him not being aggressive is really hurting us, He has good range out the three point line and he didn't even look at the basket when he got the ball. Where is the Heurter that burned Philadelphia in the playoffs?

Dude his 3 drives to the basket were not
System plays. He can do more than that and he has already shown it. You don’t have to be an A 1 iso guy in order to not be a system player.
What 3 drives? In this game? One was an assisted fastbreak play at the start. The others I can't remember. He only took 3 shots at the rim. And yes, you have to at least show up in the iso stats to not be one. He clearly is one as the stats suggest. Now, can he be more? Sure he can but that's obviously not his role from what we've seen so if it's a question of being aggressive I would certainly like to see Brown explain that. What is he supposed to do on the catch? Is he not cutting effectively? I have no idea.

There's just too much indecision and we're paying dearly for it. More than anything if we lose this series its because we couldnt get the offense to run thru Sabonis crisp and cleanly, even when Sabonis gets the ball in transition I'm thinking its doomed at this point, everything just is going wrong and the word sloppy comes to mind.
Sabonis is not in his usual dominant self inside...at one time, Wiggins was guarding him and he backed out and passed the ball? Really? Wiggins?

This was a pretty big chokejob. 2-23 from 3 after the first quarter. 19 turnovers. This team is mentally weak. Huerter and Barnes have a history of disappearing in the Playoffs. They got punked by Draymond tonight.

Brown been getting outcoached badly. We’ve made no adjustments. There role players are basically eating at will. The Mitchell thing isn’t worth the hureter trade off in potential offense even tho he’s been terrible. Curry is still eating out there so is klay so basically we are stopping nobody instead of just letting there stars eat and loving with it. We basically are falling right into there hands

holy ****... Huerter went 1-4 tonight and his 3pt % in the playoffs actually increased... to 16%.

his shooting has been atrocious.
HB 25% on 4.4 3PA
Huerter 16% on 5 3PA
Lyles is 2-11 from 3 after game 1 for 18%
Davion 30.4% on 4.6 3PA
Monk 32% on 5.0 3PA
Fox 33.3% on 9.6 3PA
Keegan 47.1% on 3.4 3PA

This is your series right here. The only guys consistently spacing is getting the least amount of shots of the core rotation guys from deep.

Looney the Warriors MVP.

We always look frazzled when teams can neutralize Domas. Hopefully Monte and Brown find a way to make us less reliant on him next season.

Fox's injury really sunk us. He was not himself at all in the second half.
This…never seen him fumbling on the dribble that much

It sucks so much that Sabonis is a non factor. Moreso than Huerter being unplayable. Probably because he at least scored 20 something before the stomp, it's hard for me not to think the Warriors got away with some sh...
Yup. They literally resorted to dirty tricks and violence when it was clear we were going to give them more than a tough time. The league suspending that piece of garbage just one game is a joke

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
A lot of teams laid eggs this first round, if we bow out we put up more than anyone said we would entering the series. Our future will still be bright as a young team. Monte will have work to do.

It just sucks it has to be this way (if it does end this way). The dubs twitter I've encountered the last week is the absolute bottom of the barrell NBA fan and I lived in SoCal for the golden years.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
11 O boards isn't domination though. It's the defense scrambling, overhelping, everything that kept this team from that elite 50-60 win territory is still there and yes, those things show up at the worst times in a 7 game series. Relying on a player like Monk is all or nothing. He's streaky. This is so reminiscent of the Kings prior to the solidifying of the roster in 2001-2002 it's not even funny.
Yep, the good news is that the Kings are already a couple of years ahead of schedule of those early Adelman teams and haven't already ran out of assets to use to build like those teams sorta were. Also all the big name teams in the west are pretty much on their last gasps of contention (this is probably the last hurrah for this Warriors squad and I refuse to believe that Lebron is going to stay this good forever) whereas the Lakers were younger than us (well, Kobe was) and the Spurs were in their prime/had just drafted Manu and Tony Parker.

As fun as this Kings season has been, teams don't just go from historically bad to title contenders overnight and now is where Monte's job gets tougher.

Monk giveth, Monk taketh away. Had a shot though.
It was a nice stroke, just a tad offline. That three would have tied the game and it was fairly open. At least Monk showed up this game.

I, too, want to see more adjustments from Mike Brown. The one I mentioned at the half, putting in Kessler Edwards for defense, never came into consideration. Instead, Murray was getting smoked on defense, though not as badly as Huerter.

I would like to hear other takes. Golden State is a tough team to beat, but Steph played 41 minutes tonight and had to work hard. There is a quick turnaround. What other adjustments can the coaches make?

At least some mid range J’s like he got in game 4. There’s really no excuse. Why can’t we have nice things just once?? Like, give us this series and we could get swept by the grizzlies or whoever for all i care. Smh.
That's the thing, if Murray isn't doing something I would be interested to hear what it is because I'm not seeing it other than when a defender is attached to him he tends to let his stars go to work, which is the right play. Does Brown want him to force himself down low like Barnes and call for it? If that were the case I'm pretty sure he'd be doing it but who knows.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Yea we need to unload him in the off-season. It doesn't matter how well he plays during the regular season. If he's going to just choke during the playoffs like some players habitually do, there's no need to keep him.
Wasn’t he nails in ATL though? The only guy I’m 100% off this team is Barnes. There’s an upgrade to be had.

Yea we need to unload him in the off-season. It doesn't matter how well he plays during the regular season. If he's going to just choke during the playoffs like some players habitually do, there's no need to keep him.
I was thinking earlier about that Peja shirt he wore before one of the games. Certainly looked like the playoff version of him SMH

What 3 drives? In this game? One was an assisted fastbreak play at the start. The others I can't remember. He only took 3 shots at the rim. And yes, you have to at least show up in the iso stats to not be one. He clearly is one as the stats suggest. Now, can he be more? Sure he can but that's obviously not his role from what we've seen so if it's a question of being aggressive I would certainly like to see Brown explain that. What is he supposed to do on the catch? Is he not cutting effectively? I have no idea.
Klay Thompson isn’t a system player and he doesn’t really take guys off the dribble. He does mostly step back threes and fadeaway midrange on occasion. Two things Murray can do. If he plays the way he did in the first quarter he can bust through the 12 5 rebound role he has now.

As much as I hate the Warriors, I won't be surprised at all if they win it all this year again. They aren't playing like a team that will only win the first round. It's like part of me wants them to lose the next round, but then again if they did win it all, we would know that we got beat by the best......
I agreed, this Kings team would have probably beaten any team if they're not Warriors. The Warriors knows the Kings plays and they don't fade despite facing difficulty.

Why? We were up 2 games to 0 and had all of the momentum... Don't make excuses for us.
They learned a lot about each other in those 4 games. They learned something we didn't (don't) have an answer for. The longer you stayed in the series the more you learn about your opponents, is this a better way to put it?

It's not an excuse.

HB 25% on 4.4 3PA
Huerter 16% on 5 3PA
Lyles is 2-11 from 3 after game 1 for 18%
Davion 30.4% on 4.6 3PA
Monk 32% on 5.0 3PA
Fox 33.3% on 9.6 3PA
Keegan 47.1% on 3.4 3PA

This is your series right here. The only guys consistently spacing is getting the least amount of shots of the core rotation guys from deep.
Fox 100% should not be taking 9.6 3PA. I remember people ignoring the red flags of all his 3pt attempts late in the season... he's not that guy. In no world should he be taking that many shots... that's Julius Randle territory. WITH THIS BEING SAID, he's clearly been our best player in the playoffs, but I think you'd like to see him take less 3s overall against a team where every possession counts. He's too good from inside the arc not to settle for those types of shots.. but when everyone else is shooting horrid from 3pt.. maybe Fox isn't the worst option.

As the series has evolved, it’s clear what the keys to winning the series were for Warriors. And they’ve executed their plan well. Yea, they have 3 HOFers but their coaching and scouting edge is apparent
When Draymond Green gives them 21 points, I have to give them credit for hitting a switch and turning things up. Gotta give credit when a player produces outside of their normal game

Wasn’t he nails in ATL though? The only guy I’m 100% off this team is Barnes.
Nah i recall Hawks fans discussing his disappearing acts and how much of a tease he can be. Meh, I’m rooting hard for our guys in game 6 though. Warriors just may relax and assume like everyone else that this over. They aren’t familiar with just how damn good we can be on the road and we really don’t have as much to lose now that they’re in control. Bring on game 6.

We won our two home games and they did the same. We had a chance in this one but blew it and had help from an injury. If we were up 3-0 I’d agree with you

yea, but all season we have been absolutely dominant on the road...........It would be easier to accept it more if we were great at home, but horrible on the road. I didn't expect 2 wins on the road, but at least 1.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I sure hope we sign a complete nutjob in the offseason to bench all year and then just murder someone in the playoffs if we need a murder done.

Status
Not open for further replies.