[Game] Golden State Warriors (6) @ Sacramento Kings (3) (WCDS Game 5, 2-2) 4/26/2023 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern (TNT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Looney the Warriors MVP.

We always look frazzled when teams can neutralize Domas. Hopefully Monte and Brown find a way to make us less reliant on him next season.

Fox's injury really sunk us. He was not himself at all in the second half.

Can’t let myself read anymore on here right now…I’m proud of everyone on this team. Fox clearly hurting in the 4th. Probably should have sat him but Brown can’t do that to his gutsy star and I get it. Monk with a heroic effort to try to carry us without 4th quart fox. Frustrating that I don’t believe Keegan got a shot off after the first. That is prolly a little on him, a little on his teammates, and a lot on the warriors d. Great effort by Mitchell chasing curry around, but only so much that can be done. In the end, I think we lose this game mostly because of probably the best overall game Green has played in years. He was arguably the most impactful player on the court tonight. As much as I hate to admit it, hats off to him.

On to game 6. I’m not giving up on this team until the final horn sounds.

holy ****... Huerter went 1-4 tonight and his 3pt % in the playoffs actually increased... to 16%.

his shooting has been atrocious.
A lot of the criticisms we have against individual players can be explained by defensive scheme strategies. Yes, even if it seems like they're missing open threes. Our offensive rhythm has been severely disrupted... by injuries, and by the dubs schemes. yes, our players are partially to blame, but I submit that there are larger factors that don't get credit here. let's not put it all on individual player failure.

Take a look at Warriors shooting stats also. It’s not like they’re shooting the 3 lights out. They’re simply outrebounding and out hustling us
11 O boards isn't domination though. It's the defense scrambling, overhelping, everything that kept this team from that elite 50-60 win territory is still there and yes, those things show up at the worst times in a 7 game series. Relying on a player like Monk is all or nothing. He's streaky. This is so reminiscent of the Kings prior to the solidifying of the roster in 2001-2002 it's not even funny.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
It sucks so much that Sabonis is a non factor. Moreso than Huerter being unplayable. Probably because he at least scored 20 something before the stomp, it's hard for me not to think the Warriors got away with some sh...

I'm not really sure what the deal is. Keegan is a system role player for him. So him being aggressive is kind of odd. The entire year his iso attempts were so limited he literally doesn't even show up in the stats for it and for him to run any iso, yes, he needs the ball. My guess is he wants Keegan to attack out of the face up and he did a little in the last game but even there we've seen enough of it, if you run out on him and contest he's going to swing the ball over. As a system guy should actually so it's technically the right play.
Dude his 3 drives to the basket were not
System plays. He can do more than that and he has already shown it. You don’t have to be an A 1 iso guy in order to not be a system player.

Brown should have at least run some more, but no, we've seen this all year. When the DHO is covered on the other side via switches, Murray will not get the same looks. The issue IMO is still not getting Murray some of his college looks. Where's that drop step that made him a 20 per game in college player?
At least some mid range J’s like he got in game 4. There’s really no excuse. Why can’t we have nice things just once?? Like, give us this series and we could get swept by the grizzlies or whoever for all i care. Smh.

A lot of the criticisms we have against individual players can be explained by defensive scheme strategies. Yes, even if it seems like they're missing open threes. Our offensive rhythm has been severely disrupted... by injuries, and by the dubs schemes. yes, our players are partially to blame, but I submit that there are larger factors that don't get credit here. let's not put it all on individual player failure.
It's happening all over again for real. The Globetrotters style of ball the Kings played with the flashy passing eventually gave way to simple pick and roll/pop bball. Domas has to conjure up his inner CWebb and feast from the elbow just like Webber did.

They are down 3-2 the the team that won the chip last year and all but one loss was within reach
I dont look at the half full-glass - getting outhustled for rebounds shouldn't happen. Sabonis didn't cut it. I think folks are right - where was Murray? Monk did ok, but they got away from attacking the rim, and Fox obviously was in pain. Huerter might've been worth a look, who knows, didn't happen.

Looney the Warriors MVP.

We always look frazzled when teams can neutralize Domas. Hopefully Monte and Brown find a way to make us less reliant on him next season.

Fox's injury really sunk us. He was not himself at all in the second half.
If Domas has a skyhook and a 12 footer we sweep this series. He's got a nice grocery list for next season now that he's got a franchise committed to keeping him at the 5

Mitchell’s turnover was the turning point. Such a careless garbage ass pass in possibly the biggest procession of the game. Have some damn awareness.

also..
Barnes drawing that change on Looney late in the fourth. Why in the ever loving **** does it take so long for this low IQ team to make that adjustment? It’s a wide open back door cut every single damn possession. You’re not stopping the 3 ball, you’re not stopping the back door cuts. You’re not rebounding the ball.. seriously. Who the hell wants to win on this team not named Monk?

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I dont look at the half full-glass - getting outhustled for rebounds shouldn't happen. Sabonis didn't cut it. I think folks are right - where was Murray? Monk did ok, but they got away from attacking the rim, and Fox obviously was in pain. Huerter might've been worth a look, who knows, didn't happen.
Hierter has proven all series he has not been worth any looks.

The Kings three point shooting percentage is actually worse when they're unguarded than in tight coverage this series.
Yeah, they haven't shot well at all. Just crazy that Murray was our hot player in the 1st quarter....and got no more shots the rest of the game. Hard to figure. Tough to beat the Warriors in an outside shooting contest, when Sabonis is little factor

I'll take this further. He's been atrocious since game 3. Just no adjustments whatsoever and letting GSW dictate everything they want to do defensively and we have no response. They've decimated our DHO and we just don't have a plan B in the half-court.

Been an eye-opening series for the Vets of this squad. HB/Huerter/Brown/Domas just have not lived up the billing.
i had a bad feeling after game 1 when Monk kept saying “one more just one more”. Not the mentality you need to have at all. We needed 3 more, not one more. Pretty telling IMO

Biggest collapse is the bucks getting bounced 4-1. No debate
And honestly I hope the heat get bounced in 5 in the next round. It would be a bad look for
The league if you can be barely average all season and then just turn it on in the playoffs. Even worse if it’s two teams. If we lose, I will be rooting for the Lakers/Grizz as weird as that sounds

I mean the execution is simply not there. Our usually dynamic attack looks more and more gimmicky vs the Warriors defense the more this goes on. Which turns this into a 3pt shooting contest, and usually we'd do fine in a 3pt shooting contest but this series we're shooting it poorly, Barnes clanked 2 completely wide open looks.

They have totally disrupted our advantage at the C position and in this game its a disadvantage.

I think its fair to say the big stage has spooked our shooters a bit.

Davion Mitchell taking 8 3's in a game is not good for a lot of reasons.. Thats the kind of stat that makes the Kings look like their running on fumes.

Even though the rebounding appears similar in numbers the eye test tells a different story, we're struggling to grab defensive boards at any given moment and on the other side of the ball the kings oboards are often the result of a rushed shot where they know theres a likely oboard to come.

There's just too much indecision and we're paying dearly for it. More than anything if we lose this series its because we couldnt get the offense to run thru Sabonis crisp and cleanly.
As the series has evolved, it’s clear what the keys to winning the series were for Warriors. And they’ve executed their plan well. Yea, they have 3 HOFers but their coaching and scouting edge is apparent

Status
Not open for further replies.