(3)Kings versus (6)Warriors Pre-Playoff Series Thread

Guess the end result.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kings in 6 baby!!

I hope De'Aaron shoots a lot of free throws.. like 10+ a game.. I feel like thats a magic recipe for this team, not just in this playoff series but for many to come..

The Keegan Murray v Andrew Wiggins matchup is a SPICY one too. Get'em Rook!

Huerter v Klay! If Huerter can match him blow-for-blow thats a win for us.

Warriors fans (and most everyone else) had nothing but terrible things to say about Harrison Barnes when he left Golden State, would be so sweet to see him pop off vs Draymond and send the defending champs home in round 1.

If I'm being honest obviously the Warriors have all these stars but Jonathan Kuminga off the bench worries me a bit when it comes to matchups. Lets hope Kessler Edwards is up to the task, we don't really have too many other bench guys suited for slowing him down.

Sabonis should be able to grab like 15 boards a game, we're gonna need him to play great, it'll hold a lot of weight if he does. Thats really the only way I could see us winning this in 5 games(or less), is with Sabonis setting the tone and dropping 25-15-8 type of statlines on good %'s. Our team is built for Sabonis to eat good vs smaller teams n thats what we're up against.

If Monk can match Poole's performance off the bench that'll hold lots of weight.

and lettuce not forget the Mike Brown v Steve Kerr matchup.. They both have to know each others tricks.. We'll see how that manifests itself..

Last edited:
how is the price disparity so huge between G1C and chase center? Man, if you want to go see the kings at G1C you are seriously gonna pay out the nose. Thanks Vivek.

last game agains the warriors a lot of the front row seats had warriors fans sitting in them. I’d like to know if those center court seats were the owners seats and if he plans on giving them to warriors fans during the series. That would not be a good look at all.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
how is the price disparity so huge between G1C and chase center? Man, if you want to go see the kings at G1C you are seriously gonna pay out the nose. Thanks Vivek.
Demand for tickets at G1C is higher than demand at the Souless SF Arena. Free market blah blah blah Kings fans are largely more eager to watch their team in the playoffs than Warriors fans you get the picture.

Warriors fans travel well.
I just hope we don’t run into what the LA Rams run into every season . SOFI is Levi stadium south for every 49ers/Rams game and on tv it is noticeable how many 9er fans are there. It is a seriously sore subject with rams fans how many season ticket holders end up selling to 49ers fans. I would hate to see our first ABC game in decades be an embarrassment t because of how many warriors fans are in attendance.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Warriors fans travel well.
I just hope we don’t run into what the LA Rams run into every season . SOFI is Levi stadium south for every 49ers/Rams game and on tv it is noticeable how many 9er fans are there. It is a seriously sore subject with rams fans how many season ticket holders end up selling to 49ers fans. I would hate to see our first ABC game in decades be an embarrassment t because of how many warriors fans are in attendance.
I get that as Kings fans, our whole schtick is to be as fatalistic as possible or whatever but I think everyone's vastly overestimating the amount of Warriors fans willing to spend 1000 bucks on tickets in G1C as opposed to just spending 500 bucks on tickets in the Chase Center. Plus it's not like I-80 and 50 only go one direction. Oracle used to be called Arco West for a reason.

I get that as Kings fans, our whole schtick is to be as fatalistic as possible or whatever but I think everyone's vastly overestimating the amount of Warriors fans willing to spend 1000 bucks on tickets in G1C as opposed to just spending 500 bucks on tickets in the Chase Center. Plus it's not like I-80 and 50 only go one direction. Oracle used to be called Arco West for a reason.
Guess we’ll see if my “fatalistic schtick” is just that. Like we didn’t deal with this with laker fans. Like I just pulled all this out of thin air. Whatever.

dude12

Hall of Famer
The only chance the W’s have is the refs taking our main guys out. They can’t guard Domas or Fox. I trust Brown will devise his schemes. Expect Curry to get trapped often. I also expect the Warriors to try the same with Fox.
Fox will be up for this challenge

Kings in 6 baby!!

I hope De'Aaron shoots a lot of free throws.. like 10+ a game.. I feel like thats a magic recipe for this team, not just in this playoff series but for many to come..

The Keegan Murray v Andrew Wiggins matchup is a SPICY one too. Get'em Rook!

Huerter v Klay! If Huerter can match him blow-for-blow thats a win for us.

Warriors fans (and most everyone else) had nothing but terrible things to say about Harrison Barnes when he left Golden State, would be so sweet to see him pop off vs Draymond and send the defending champs home in round 1.

If I'm being honest obviously the Warriors have all these stars but Jonathan Kuminga off the bench worries me a bit when it comes to matchups. Lets hope Kessler Edwards is up to the task, we don't really have too many other bench guys suited for slowing him down.

Sabonis should be able to grab like 15 boards a game, we're gonna need him to play great, it'll hold a lot of weight if he does. Thats really the only way I could see us winning this in 5 games(or less), is with Sabonis setting the tone and dropping 25-15-8 type of statlines on good %'s. Our team is built for Sabonis to eat good vs smaller teams n thats what we're up against.

If Monk can match Poole's performance off the bench that'll hold lots of weight.

and lettuce not forget the Mike Brown v Steve Kerr matchup.. They both have to know each others tricks.. We'll see how that manifests itself..
to me you are missing one of the most important match ups. Warriors get a huge percentage of their points from the PG spot with Curry and Poole. Davion’s ability or not to impact their scoring from that spot will be huge.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The only chance the W’s have is the refs taking our main guys out. They can’t guard Domas or Fox. I trust Brown will devise his schemes. Expect Curry to get trapped often. I also expect the Warriors to try the same with Fox.
Fox will be up for this challenge
I’d expect to see lots of Payton II on Fox which I’d be fine with because that’d mean Klay and Steph are going to be trying to guard Keegan or Huerter offball for huge swaths of the game.

Obviously our best guys must stay out of foul trouble but i really want more shot attempts for Sabonis. The 10-14 we’re used to seeing can’t be the case for this series IMO

to me you are missing one of the most important match ups. Warriors get a huge percentage of their points from the PG spot with Curry and Poole. Davion’s ability or not to impact their scoring from that spot will be huge.
Agree. I see all three of Davion, Len, and Kessler as HUGE contributors for us in the post season. They are also likely underscouted by the opposition due to sparing use throughout the year (exception Davion). We all the sudden have really good defensive stoppers at all positions off the bench.

Last edited:
The Kings need to bar anybody trying to buy playoff tickets with a Zip code outside of Sacramento from purchasing a ticket. And Kings season ticket holders need to stand proud and don’t sell your tickets!
Even if they did this entire metro area is full of Bay Area folks now. Limiting this to just this area won't do much to prevent them from going,

I’d expect to see lots of Payton II on Fox which I’d be fine with because that’d mean Klay and Steph are going to be trying to guard Keegan or Huerter offball for huge swaths of the game.
Additionally, if they are forced to play GPII long minutes to contain Fox, someone else is off the floor. Even if they sit Looney and play Green at the 5, they can’t realistically play all of Steph, Klay, Poole, and GPII together. If they try that, we have to let Barnes work iso and post against his matchup. He will cook any of those 4.

And if they have Wiggins, and he checks Barnes, and they have GPII checking Fox, then Poole is effectively limited to backup minutes, and not three guard lineup minutes (which is good for our D).

Also, I think their first move will be to limit Looney’s minutes and go small, and I think that plays into our hands. Looney is great on the offensive glass, and has the grand size to body Domas. Green, not so much.

so I think there are lots of lineups we can exploit.

Listening to 95.7 in the Bay Area breaking down the kings. This week is gonna be awesome!
Their key is to get domantas in foul trouble. If they can do that they can break us down. We can all but guarantee that we are gonna get a huge taste of Draymond running his big mouth trying to get under sabonis skin
Coach Brown knows the Warriors tactics, and their players quite well. Domas is a vet, so I know he understands, But if he didn't, better believe Coach will be in his ear all week about this very topic.

I wouldn't expect Domas to take the bait. I'd be more worried about Trey Lyles. lol

We're gonna be taking some broomsticks to Chase Center, and will be handing them out after game 4...:p:p:p

In all honesty, I see this going 6 or 7, with the KINGS edging the Warriors, and moving on to the second round. For the purposes of the poll, I elected to go with Kings in 7, but wouldn't be surprised to see us dispose of the Warriors in 6.

I also wouldn't be surprised if we flat out lay one, and get spanked around.

Regardless of the result, this guy is one HELLUVA PROUD Kings fan. Just talking about the playoffs makes this whole experience worth it this season/year.

If anyone can bet, grab the Kings.

Fandom aside, this is just getting blasted by casuals who don't think the Kings deserve to be here. Basically Kings have to win the series around 37% of the time for this bet to be profitable. When in reality, we're probably like 55ish% favorites to win, especially with HCA.

It makes sense why.

I mean, how many times since 1990, or even before that, has a #3 seed faced the defending champ in the 1st round? And not just the defending champ, but the core of a team that has won 4 titles the past 9 seasons?? Then you add the element of Steph Curry, his impact on basketball and mystique, AND the KINGS 17 year absence from postseason play and it's easy to understand why the KINGS are viewed as the sizeable underdog.

Big question is, are the KINGS gonna do anything about it?

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I wanted either the Lakers or the Warriors. Either way and it's a "It hurts soo bad" if you lose or it's a "It feels soo good" if you win. That's the way it should be.

I'm already feeling the hate for Draymond Green and the Kings haven't even played the first game. I can see him now: tripping guys, accidentally on purpose falling on guys, wedging his arm accidentally on purpose to clamp down on an arm to garner a foul. And then of course there's his constant yammering. If I were Brown I'd already be sending the NBA ref headquarters a film showing about 100 of his antics and demanding that they address his clownish antics starting on Game 1.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
If anyone can bet, grab the Kings.

Fandom aside, this is just getting blasted by casuals who don't think the Kings deserve to be here. Basically Kings have to win the series around 37% of the time for this bet to be profitable. When in reality, we're probably like 55ish% favorites to win, especially with HCA.
The over/under win total was the safe bet. I'm not going to risk my toy fund on this one even though it would buy me a pretty sweet Les Paul Custom.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I wanted either the Lakers or the Warriors. Either way and it's a "It hurts soo bad" if you lose or it's a "It feels soo good" if you win. That's the way it should be.

I'm already feeling the hate for Draymond Green and the Kings haven't even played the first game. I can see him now: tripping guys, accidentally on purpose falling on guys, wedging his arm accidentally on purpose to clamp down on an arm to garner a foul. And then of course there's his constant yammering. If I were Brown I'd already be sending the NBA ref headquarters a film showing about 100 of his antics and demanding that they address his clownish antics starting on Game 1.
The hurt so bad vs. dubs is far less than Lakers would be. Particularly this Lakers team that shouldn't even be there if not for getting completely bailed out by Ainge and others at the deadline and the refs turning Austin Reaves into a star at the free throw line.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
The hurt so bad vs. dubs is far less than Lakers would be. Particularly this Lakers team that shouldn't even be there if not for getting completely bailed out by Ainge and others at the deadline and the refs turning Austin Reaves into a star at the free throw line.
Agreed. The Lakers are in a class by themselves! I wish ill upon their every move!

Status
Not open for further replies.