Kings Playoff Standings Watch!!!

I am confused. If Clippers, Lakers and Pelicans all tied at 43 wins...who has the advantage? I know Pelicans has tied breaker advantage over Clippers and so they should move up, but then Lakers has tied breaker over Pelicans and so they move Pelicans down. But if Lakers move up, Clippers has tied breaker over them and move them down....wtf is going on....lol.
You then look at head-to-head records between all three teams involved in the tiebreaker, so it would be as follows:

1. Clippers 4-3
2. New Orleans 3-3
3. Lakers 2-5

Hopefully we don’t have to hear from doom and gloom Kings fans all week if it ends up being the warriors. Far from easy, but we will not be a cakewalk for them. I’m glad our players fear no one.
The Warriors randomly threw the ball into the stands a half dozen times last night. In fact, they had 24 turnovers against a team lacking four of its rotation players, including its two All-Stars. The Kings had 12. Later, the players admitted to a lack of concentration.

I submit that you cannot turn concentration on and off at will, just because the playoffs are finally here. Like anything else in basketball, it requires practice and consistency. Even two plays where you fire the ball into the stands are enough to lose an entire series.

If I were a Kings fan, the one team I would want to avoid in the first round is the Warriors. I would rather play any team in the western conference than the Warriors at full strength, even the Suns. At least with the Suns, you know that any team with Chris Paul has at least a twenty percent chance of just outright choking. The gd lakers might be a 5-on-8 series, but you never know when Anthony Davis is going to separate his shoulder getting out of bed. Clippers won't necessarily choke, but they do have Westbrook, which can be just as good. And I'll never fear any team with Big Sawfty on it.

The Warriors haven't had their main five together for much of the season, but when they have their main 5, it's been the best 5-man unit in the league this season, on both ends. And, they're the one team in the western conference that you know isn't going to beat themselves; you've got to take it from them.
If I had to rank who I’d like to face in the 1st round it’d likely be:
  1. NOP
  2. LAC
  3. GSW
  4. LAL
  5. PHX
Pelicans don’t have a ton of playoff tested players and they don’t have a PF and/or C with great length (something I think Sabonis can struggle with a bit). I think Sabonis would be rather effective in this matchup. I like the Fox/McCollum on both ends of the court. I think having Barnes, Murray, Edwards, & Lyles can help slow down Ingram a bit.

Clippers have some solid playoff experience on their roster but George is out which makes me feel more comfortable facing them. I also think their iso ball centered offense will be easier for Brown to scheme for. They also don’t have anyone that I think can handle Sabonis.

Warriors could be a sleeping giant considering they won the championship last year. Especially with Wiggins coming back, Payton healthy, and their championship caliber core ready to lock in during the playoffs. Not to mention our home court advantage would feel largely mitigated by the amount of GSW fans that will be in attendance. Part of me also thinks we’d be playing against the refs in this one too. Having said that, they are getting older and they don’t have anyone at PF/C with great size and length to neutralize Sabonis. I think it’d be a tough matchup, but I don’t feel super worried about their players shutting down our stars.

Lakers worry me a bit due to ref bias, home court advantage being neutralized, and playoff Anthony Davis neutralizing Sabonis. Davis has the size, length, and the athleticism advantage over Sabonis which makes me worry about how impactful Sabonis can be in this type of matchup.

Suns just seem like a sleeper championship contender. A big 4 of Paul-Booker-Durant-Ayton is pretty hard to beat. If they had that roster from the beginning of the year and were relatively healthy, I would guess they would have been a top seed.

You’ve got to wonder who will have the stronger Tank game tomorrow, the Clips or Phoenix.

If the Clips win, they play Phoenix in the 1st Round. If LAC lose, they likely get the Kings.

If the Suns Win, the Clips drop out of 5th and the Warriors move up to #5 with a win. So it would be PHX-GSW with a PHX win.

So, who will have the stronger tank game tomorrow, the Clips or Phoenix?
Nah, if Clips lose....they're dropping out of #6 seed if Pelicans win.

Don’t be so sure. They can’t mess around cuz the pelicans are right on their heels
Yes, but Kawaii played today and I have not seen him play back to back since returning from his injury.

It’s going to be interesting, because I can’t see Phoenix being motivated to win tomorrow, given a win likely means they play GSW in the first round.

If Phoenix just straight out tanks (likely), the Clippers win this one, since they need it more to guarantee they don’t drop to the play-in. Meaning we will probably get GSW in the first round.

Yes, but Kawaii played today and I have not seen him play back to back since returning from his injury.

It’s going to be interesting, because I can’t see Phoenix being motivated to win tomorrow, given a win likely means they play GSW in the first round.

If Phoenix just straight out tanks (likely), the Clippers win this one, since they need it more to guarantee they don’t drop to the play-in. Meaning we will probably get GSW in the first round.
In what scenario would the Clippers drop to the play in?

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
In what scenario would the Clippers drop to the play in?
The Clippers basically lose all their tiebreaker opportunities with the Pelicans. So if they lose and the Pelicans win, they fall to the #7 seed in 3 of 4 cases (in the other case, a 4-way tie with NOP, LAL, GSW, they still come in behind NOP, but finish at 6th).

Yeah, I just noticed those Clippers scenarios as well. Would they really be that scared of the Suns that they’d rather take their chances in the play in? That seems crazy to me. I see the Clippers and Lakers both trying to win.

If Adams doesn’t play for the Grizz, the Lakers can absolutely beat them
I’m not seeing it. Not without 5-on-8 help.

MEM plays really good defense and can score well enough that they should beat LA rather easily.

LAL has nobody to stop Ja Morant at the end of games and both JJJ and Brooks will wreak havoc on them defensively.

If officiated properly, I’d take MEM over LAL in 5 or 6 games.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I’m not seeing it. Not without 5-on-8 help.

MEM plays really good defense and can score well enough that they should beat LA rather easily.

LAL has nobody to stop Ja Morant at the end of games and both JJJ and Brooks will wreak havoc on them defensively.

If officiated properly, I’d take MEM over LAL in 5 or 6 games.
But it obviously will be 5 on 8 won't it? Especially now that Ja Morant has compromised his "chosen one" status by being an embarrassment for the league.

I tend to think that the above apply to two teams only...not three or more. Sure, it's easy to figure out if it's just two teams tied based on that rules. You're saying the above rule apply to three or more team tied as well? So, the head-to-head won lost percentage are combined head-to-head won lost percentage among each other rather than between two teams.