2023 TRADE DEADLINE MEGATHREAD

The Lakers could smash Denver/Memphis in a 1st round playoffs series and you know the NBA is pulling for LeBron to win a title after getting the scoring record. Honestly this seems more like a move to help the NBA ratings than for Utah, I don't understand what Utah got out of this deal they are way to late to the tanking party as well. Kind of like when they magically got prime Pau Gasol for Kwame and what did end up being a good player in Marc Gasol but still these are very fishy deals......what other teams gets these deals and gives up nothing.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Kinda sad how far Wall and Russ have fallen. These dudes were elite of the elite for a long time and now they're just unplayable
Add Rose to the list too. Goes to show that these super PG athletes don't last very long in terms of quality prime years while PGs like CP3, Curry, Nash, Kidd, etc. produce even later in their careers with their brains more so than their athletic prowess

Very reasonable tag for Poeltl here, especially if they do ink him to an extension. Siakam-Poeltl is excellent in all facets at the 4/5. Very curious how they shape the rest of their roster though. Scottie/OG at the 2/3 long-term? Trade FVV, Scottie runs the 1 with Siakam? Trade Siakam and move forward with OG/Scottie at the 3/4? Lots of routes they can go.

Sure but not like Russ solves that problem
I agree but with Spo having a obsession with small ball and having PG's/SG's play the 4 spot he might think it works. The Heat needs talent if they want to compete this year Herro/Bam/Jimmy with like 10 undrafted players just ain't enough they need to make any move for a back up PG/starting PF. Wall or Westbrick going to Miami I think.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Nets gonna have to trade at least one of their wings even if they’re rebuilding lol

Bridges/DFS/Cam Johnson/Jae/Royce/Yuta/Joe Harris and I’m sure I’m forgetting someone