MLB Thread - 2022

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Tatis, single-handedly, just turned the NL Wild Card into a 4 team race.
Idk if it changes anything, even without Tatis after their moves they’re still the best of the WC teams just not a threat to LA now.

And who knows, maybe they’ll rally together like they after Melky got busted for the Giants in 2010. Or it’s a gut-punch and they implode but with their talent and a good manager I think they’ll be okay.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I cannot imagine how livid the Padres are at that man right now.
Was it announced when the positive test actually happened? The article says that Tatis initially was appealing the suspension, then dropped the appeal. I wonder if the Padres knew about the positive test before making their deadline deal for Soto/Bell.

Machado/Soto/Bell is still formidable and the Padres aren't out of the WC chase at all in my book. But Tatis/Machado/Soto/Bell would be so much more frightening come playoff time.

J.D Davis been a keeper so far. Hitting the ball really hard, 3 HR's and barely missed a few others already. Especially with all the lefty sticks we have, he'd be a pretty comfortable guy to pencil in somewhere, whether at 3B/1B or DH for next season.

So unfortunate because the starting pitching has been elite, but the bullpen/defense and inconsistent offense have been so disappointing.

I think I'd pencil in:

SP: Webb
SP: Cobb
SP: Wood
SP: Junis (whether he takes the spot permanently from Disco or he's the long man, been way too good to just let walk. One year left of Arb)

Bullpen:
Doval
Brebbia (arb him)

Still believe in Ty Rogers, but don't think he should be 100% safe with some of the real inconsistency. Might be the book is out on him.

Bats:
Luis Gonzalez
Thairo Estrada (ideally he's not starting, more of a flex bench role).
J.D Davis
Lamonte Wade (although a bit of a lost season with injuries. Still showing good peripheral stats)
Joey Bart (Not that I fully believe he's a starter yet, but I think there's just way more holes on the team that need to be plugged first than giving up on him)

Soo... Lot of work to do this off-season. And that's with their 2 best players this year (Joc/Rodon) heading for FA as well.

J.D Davis been a keeper so far. Hitting the ball really hard, 3 HR's and barely missed a few others already. Especially with all the lefty sticks we have, he'd be a pretty comfortable guy to pencil in somewhere, whether at 3B/1B or DH for next season.

So unfortunate because the starting pitching has been elite, but the bullpen/defense and inconsistent offense have been so disappointing.

I think I'd pencil in:

SP: Webb
SP: Cobb
SP: Wood
SP: Junis (whether he takes the spot permanently from Disco or he's the long man, been way too good to just let walk. One year left of Arb)

Bullpen:
Doval
Brebbia (arb him)

Still believe in Ty Rogers, but don't think he should be 100% safe with some of the real inconsistency. Might be the book is out on him.

Bats:
Luis Gonzalez
Thairo Estrada (ideally he's not starting, more of a flex bench role).
J.D Davis
Lamonte Wade (although a bit of a lost season with injuries. Still showing good peripheral stats)
Joey Bart (Not that I fully believe he's a starter yet, but I think there's just way more holes on the team that need to be plugged first than giving up on him)

Soo... Lot of work to do this off-season. And that's with their 2 best players this year (Joc/Rodon) heading for FA as well.
Really feel like everything is lining up for ownership to write a blank check to Judge to come back home to Northern California.

Why the hell did Kapler put in Szapucki in a 2 run game in the 7th? Lmao
The only logical guess I have here is that Bruce Bochy must have called Kapler in between innings, advising him that "Torture Ball" is dearly missed by the bay these days, and that he should do everything in his power to bring it back to San Francisco.

The Giants are celebrating the 10 year anniversary of the 2012 World Series team. Where does time go?
I will be celebrating the 20 year anniversary of my high school graduation next year. I'm sitting here asking myself where the heck did the last 19 years of my life go...In all seriousness, though...It's incredible that our last three World Series wins all came 14, 12, and 10 years ago. It surely doesn't feel like it's been THAT long since we've won either of the three.

Last edited:
I will be celebrating the 20 year anniversary of my high school graduation next year. I'm sitting here asking myself where the heck did the last 19 years of my life go...In all seriousness, though...It's incredible that our last three World Series wins all came 14, 12, and 10 years ago. It surely doesn't feel like it's been THAT long since we've won either of the three.
I still can't get over them losing to St. Louis in the NLCS in 1987.

Hearing Kuiper sound so vibrant and healthy really fills my heart with joy. Bad seasons or not, I’m going to cherish these guys while we have them. Giants fans are blessed from all sides with commentary.
Kuiper's energy and enthusiasm is second to none. He really has set the bar high for Giants commentators in that regard, in my honest opinion. One of my favorite calls of his was the final out of Matt Cain's perfect game. The call was so beautiful to listen to, that it quite literally almost gave me chills.

Note: Honorary mention HAS to go to Kuiper's call earlier in the same game when Blanco made that incredible diving catch to preserve the perfect game.

Last edited:

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Kuiper's energy and enthusiasm is second to none. He really has set the bar high for Giants commentators in that regard, in my honest opinion. One of my favorite calls of his was the final out of Matt Cain's perfect game. The call was so beautiful to listen to, that it quite literally almost gave me chills.

Note: Honorary mention HAS to go to Kuiper's call earlier in the same game when Blanco made that incredible diving catch to preserve the perfect game.
I can hear that call in my head clear as day.

“ARIAS, FROM DEEP THIRRRRRRRD! GOT HIM! AND THATS A PERFECT GAME!”

My heart skipped a beat when he crow hopped backwards on receiving the ball.

I was watching some of the postgame coverage tonight on FS1, and the postgame crew was talking about past perfect game bids that were broken up late in the game, and I saw one name pop up that both instantly reminded me of one of my favorite Giants games I've ever watched as well as made me smile...

One Out Away From Perfection