KINGS PICKING 4TH IN 2022 NBA DRAFT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Franz Wagner is a good example of a "safe, low ceiling" prospect that might wind up being a really solid player. Put up about as good a rookie year as you could ask for. Gave you average shooting numbers at 15ppg and decent stats across the board. Any rookie that averages 15ppg has the ability to be a 20ppg scorer in the future. Good advanced metrics for a rookie as well.

If we wind up with Murray and he replicates Wagner's rookie year, we should be ecstatic.
Yeah, but the question is where they top out. When a rookie produces it gives you that tingly feeling they are going to keep going up and up. Sometimes they don't. Also, if Murray had Wagners passing chops and floor game he would be in the top 3. Franz didn't show Murrays shooting ability but he can run an offense to a degree.

Ivey doesn't want to play here. I'd draft him for sure now... And assign him to the G league for the entirety of his rookie contract.
Haha, that would work. First off, Givony has been trying to get the Kings to pass on him from day 1 and it's not hard to figure why. Also, of course AGENTS don't want their client to go to Sacramento. Whether it's true or not. The language of this wasn't even that strong though, preferred? Ivey and/or his agents would never have the stuff to come out and dictate this kind of thing and if they did then it would send red flags up to every team. Both Davion and Haliburtons people supposedly put out the same basic roadblocks for teams including the Kings.

I keep reading that the kings need a star and can’t settle for fit. Then I hear rumors of trading #4 for kuzma and the #10. How is that getting a star?
Teams want that 4 pick baaad. The Kings have a rep and they think they can get Vivek to force his way down the toilet again with his GM being an unwilling participant. They were even desperate enough to put out, "Hey Vivek! Don't take the star, the Warriors really love this other guy!" Why the F would the Warriors even have any say and or opinion on the top 10 of this draft? lol. Teams think their little Vivek is no longer just going to fork over his lunch money to them anymore and it's angering them, haha.

NBAdraft.net has gone full blown chaotic. The latest mock has Murray going 3, Ivey going 4, Mathurin at 5, and Chet at 6. So, anyone think teams are feeding this to get the Kings to F up or what? You want Murray Vivek? Better move up. Or heck, just trade down to 6 for Chet, lol.

Franz Wagner is a good example of a "safe, low ceiling" prospect that might wind up being a really solid player. Put up about as good a rookie year as you could ask for. Gave you average shooting numbers at 15ppg and decent stats across the board. Any rookie that averages 15ppg has the ability to be a 20ppg scorer in the future. Good advanced metrics for a rookie as well.

If we wind up with Murray and he replicates Wagner's rookie year, we should be ecstatic.
Just bet on the archetype and skill and it's usually going to work out for you. Murray is a bit different as a player, but still has a rare skill-set for his size and archetype. The high IQ, the work ethic, the 2-way potential, the shooting. It's all there. I'm just not going to buy into the hive-mind that Murray doesn't have upside. Everything in his profile shows he does and he's basically getting punished because he's 21 with a "boring" game.

That said, taking Ivey and figuring it out later is just fine too. I'm a lot more confident in the off-ball game than I was a week ago. Whereas Hali turned into an on-ball playmaker that conflicted with Fox, Ivey is a much more polished offensive finisher that's going to end plays. If he keeps his 36% 3-ball, he's going to be an excellent offensive player.

NBAdraft.net has gone full blown chaotic. The latest mock has Murray going 3, Ivey going 4, Mathurin at 5, and Chet at 6. So, anyone think teams are feeding this to get the Kings to F up or what? You want Murray Vivek? Better move up. Or heck, just trade down to 6 for Chet, lol.
They have been the worst for almost a decade, I think it's one guy in his bedroom throwing darts.

I feel the same ways pretty much. Here's my thing, between Murray and Ivey I don't think they can go wrong. However, with Ivey they can certainly go most right if he develops. Plus teams exposed it, they actually consider Ivey pretty much clear BPA with those other 3 up top. I think the help now domino falls next summer when they have space to make a move, fill out the roster, or pick up assets with bad contracts if they need to rebuild. Shoot for a 3rd star in the draft, not win now on a rookie. That's plain stupid. If they want to win now then yeah, trade the pick and watch it potentially Vlade your resume in a few years. Murray is older and has skills but figuring him to be the one to get the team over the hump on day 1 isn't fair to him or any rookie especially when you consider some of his downsides in relation to positional versatility. Sure, a rookie can make an impact but still not wise as a plan.
You used Vlade as a verb.

I don't see any outcome where Chet goes 6. Even if he tore is ACL tomorrow, the Kings or Pistons aren't passing on him at 4 or 5.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I’d throw a party if Keegan leaps and we’re “stuck” choosing between Ivey and Chet. Hell, at that point trade back with Detroit and take the guy they don’t pick.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Haha, that would work. First off, Givony has been trying to get the Kings to pass on him from day 1 and it's not hard to figure why. Also, of course AGENTS don't want their client to go to Sacramento. Whether it's true or not. The language of this wasn't even that strong though, preferred? Ivey and/or his agents would never have the stuff to come out and dictate this kind of thing and if they did then it would send red flags up to every team. Both Davion and Haliburtons people supposedly put out the same basic roadblocks for teams including the Kings.
Ivey also has the same agent as Tyrese so these tea leaves are pretty much singing on their own at this point.

95% of the trade ideas on the internet right now are pretty much “Well, it’s the Kangz lol” deals that people know are gawdawful but believe could happen anyways.
every so often they'll acknowledge Monte might know what he's doing. they haven't said anything positive about Brown yet though. It's going to be a long climb back to even just mediocrity, hopefully we catch teams off guard.

lol Devin we give up our 3 most tradeable pieces for a bunch of trade filler.

I can't even read what the Okie is trying to say. I have friends in OKC so I won't make jokes.

I've yet to hear anyone come at this "Sacramento's pick is on the table" idea with a legitimate offer. Unlike OKC we have no reason to stockpile future picks and bad contacts. If we're not getting a starter back we're not trading down and we're certainly not throwing in additional players for the privelage of helping other teams draft the guy they want. We have no bad contracts-- they're all either core players, expirings, or Holmes who is an asset at his salary.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Seriously if teams aren’t blowing the doors down with future mortgaging godfather level moves, they can get the hell off our phone lines. We’ll take the guy you want and just trade him (or Davion or Fox) for an All-Star down the line if it doesn’t work out.
Here's the thing - if Detroit and Indiana and New York and Washington AND non-lotto teams are all trying to get up to #4, then we CAN totally play them off each other for a Godfather-level package. "Sorry, not enough, we have a better offer." Squeeze every last drop of value out of the pick. Given that Ivey isn't a great fit for our roster, massive interest in him from 5+ other teams could turn into a really nice haul.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Here's the thing - if Detroit and Indiana and New York and Washington AND non-lotto teams are all trying to get up to #4, then we CAN totally play them off each other for a Godfather-level package. "Sorry, not enough, we have a better offer." Squeeze every last drop of value out of the pick. Given that Ivey isn't a great fit for our roster, massive interest in him from 5+ other teams could turn into a really nice haul.
Soooooo #4 for #5, Grant, AND Bey?

Status
Not open for further replies.