Following Future Prospects

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I mean, like, I'm all for early lists, but if Holmgren isn't a '21-'22 prospect then I have no idea what's going on in the world of the NBA draft. Is this an Amari Bailey thread?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I mean, like, I'm all for early lists, but if Holmgren isn't a '21-'22 prospect then I have no idea what's going on in the world of the NBA draft. Is this an Amari Bailey thread?
sorry, the title was misleading, meant this to be about both the 2022 and 2023 draft classes.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Wembanyama is like if you put a two-guard's skillset and agility into the body of Rudy Gobert. The closest current NBA player is probably Giannis but I feel better about Wembanyama's offense than I do the Greek Freak's, if that makes sense. Possibly the most ridiculous draft prospect I have ever seen.

Lofton has impressed me more than Holmgren, who looks like a stick figure next to Wembanyama.

Last edited:
Two brother from Croatia have caught my eye recently (eligible 2023) playing both in the ABA first division/ U19 ABA. I will start with the more interesting massive boom or bust prospect and thats Zvonimir Ivisic. I would say his game is somewhere between Porzingis and Pokusevski the guys is playing as a SF at 220cm (7'2 , 7'3) I would say he does not possess the playmaking Poku does and his handles are slightly less but he's got a way better frame and won't struggle to add to it like Poku. His shooting is still developing and he's not the marksmen ZInger or shot blocker was but has a better handle imo. Toughness/motor are still massive question marks and unlike his brother has only really played well at u19's level thus far. Probably in terms of skillset and potential currently is the most interesting Balkan prospect so far.

His brother Tomislav Ivisic reminds me a lot of his countrymen in Zubac he as a 16 year was playing in the ABA 2nd divison last year and while he's not a key player he always got minutes and does hold his own most the time which is impressive. Hes 7foot decent frame, not a great athlete but smart and good defensively and just a real calm cool demeanor and looks like at whatever level he reaches will help a team.

Between these two Rudan, Roko Prkacin, Boris Timsa, Darko Bajo and athletic guard Lovro Gnjidic some super talent coming up for Croatia

Last edited:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Speaking of the future, I have to give Scoot Henderson one more prop. At least for now, because he'll probably be considered one of the top three going into the 2023 draft. Henderson is everything Fox is not, and everything Fox is, if that makes any sense. He has Fox like speed and athleticism. He's 6'3" like Fox. He has great handles and is a terrific finisher at the basket. Unlike Fox, he's a leader who makes his voice heard on the floor. He's tough as nails and plays with an edge. You watch this 17 year old play for five minutes, and you know he's going to be a star in the NBA.

Those that know me know that I like to take my time when judging a player. I like to see him play multiple times before coming to any conclusions. But this kid just blew me away. He can score from anywhere on the floor, but at the same time seems to balance getting his own with setting up his teammates. He's a tenacious defender with quick hands, and he doesn't need to add 20 Lbs of muscle in the off season because he already has an NBA body. As I stated in an earlier post, it's a shame he has to wait till 2023 because he could play in the NBA right now.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
why is a guy who is 7'3 shooting off of ball screens in the first place? this is not building good habits and utilizing height properly. Perhaps he watched too much Bargnani and Kristaps

I don't watch high school basketball at all. However, a few weeks ago I randomly tuned into the game when I saw that Bronny James was playing. He was pretty underwhelming in that game, but the person who stood out was Cameron Boozer. I can't believe the kid barely turned 15 in July... He's a 6'8 215lb PF who plays like Paolo Banchero.

Right now at 15 years old, he'd be able to come into the NBA and immediately play at least 15mins every night. He wouldn't look out of place at all.

It'll be interesting to see his development and where he's at 3 years from now. He's the #1 recruit in the 2025 class. He also has a twin brother who's shorter at 6'3? They're the sons of Carlos Boozer.

This isn't the game vs. Bronny James, but another game where he looked good. (couldn't find his highlights for the other game)

AJ Dybantsa Class of 2026. Born in 2007.. He's scary good for that age.. Star potential for sure.. The footage this player produces is consistently crazy. I'm quite interested to see his progress moving forward.

He has long arms and is a bigtime leaper and can do a bit of everything including a sneaky advanced handle and change of direction, he's working on his guard skills and passing / playmaking. Looks built for todays league.

Last edited:

6'6" SG Isiah Harwell class of 2025.

This player is going to be minimum in the first round, I'm convinced.. Lethal offensive player. Bigtime shooter. Soft touch. Very fun to watch. Extremely sharp tools for a player at that stage.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

AJ Dybantsa Class of 2026. Born in 2007.. He's scary good for that age.. Star potential for sure.. The footage this player produces is consistently crazy. I'm quite interested to see his progress moving forward.

He has long arms and is a bigtime leaper and can do a bit of everything including a sneaky advanced handle and change of direction, he's working on his guard skills and passing / playmaking. Looks built for todays league.
The frame certainly looks projectable. Dude's already got shoulders like Dwight Howard.

The frame certainly looks projectable. Dude's already got shoulders like Dwight Howard.
Dybansta is old for that grade, he used to be in the class of 2025 and he'll likely move back. He's likely to be the #1 player when rankings do get unveiled though.

You'll probably like these highlights. Meet 6'7" Tyran Stokes. Who dunks everything. These 2 players were on the short list of Team USA minicamp invites from this graduating class (along with Suns head coach Monte Williams 6'6" son Elijah)

BTW this player is gaining extreme momentum / hype for the 2024 draft.. Looks like a skilled 6'8" PG... He appears to have the talent of someone capable going 1st overall..

No player has improved their stock for next years draft in the past few months the way this player has... He'll be playing for Colorado next season and is going to draw a ton of attention.

The French use a term "Fait Accompli" It means - a thing that has already happened or been decided before those affected hear about it, leaving them with no option but to accept it. This player is basically a made man, n his ticket to the NBA is already punched, its just a matter of how high he goes in the draft.

Cody is the younger brother of Jalen Williams who OKC took in the lottery last season and is playing great for them.

Very impressed with the footage I see from this player. He would be rated extremely high by the scouting services here in the states, no doubt about it.