[Game] Kings vs. T-Wolves 2/09/22 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Fox already looks like old Fox. That little thread the needle to Sabonis? I was really irked when I read the national press today run the Fox sucks so they had to trade Haliburton narrative. You know what Fox didn't do when the team drafted back to back pgs... sit around and sulk. His numbers dropped for sure and he took the brunt of fan criticism because he got paid. Welcome back Foxy.
The defensive plays Fox made in the 4th were key to the victory - a block and a steal. That's what I want to continue to see from Fox.

Barnes and Grant would be more 4 than 3, but big enough, and skilled enough for it not to matter next to Sabonis/Fox potentially. Then with the depth they have on the wing finally you can just change one out for the other if need be.
Both thrive at the 4, which is why I don’t like this trade. But it’s not like there is many legit 3 available out there

Both thrive at the 4, which is why I don’t like this trade. But it’s not like there is many legit 3 available out there
Barnes so far has not thrived at the 3, but he's also never really played next to a player like Grant. Although Draymond was another more PF than SF and it worked. Barnes next to Harkless has worked so to me, Grant would be a total, undeniable upgrade.

The Kings aren't going to give an unprotected 1st for Grant. That's ridiculous.
If that pick ends up where it should be you're talking about a 10-12 pick at worst in a draft full of guards. Sometimes you got to know when to hold 'em, and when to fold 'em. The window just popped open for a night. Give an inch, take a mile.

If the Kings offered Bagley/Davis/2022 1st rounder unprotected/2024 lotto protected and the Pistons don't take it? I take back everything I said about them doing the best job towards building their franchise back.
I'm not doing 2 picks. Detroit can jump off a cliff for that tag.

But protected FRP/Bagley/Davis, I'm in. Took only a game, but Monte stumbled and rumbled his way into something here. And like we said earlier, Grant would fit Sabonis the same way he fit Jokic.

Is a Grant trade likely, without moving Barnes for him?
I don’t know how likely it is..but he can probably be had without trading Barnes. They’ll probably have to trade their pick though with Bagley and more filler. I’m reading their asking price is 2 first rounders for Grant. I take that to mean he can be had for one first rounder.

I personally want to keep the pick though. Kings are still in a massive hole and for as good as they looked tonight…the schedule is pretty brutal after Saturday. Maybe top 10 protected

I'm not doing 2 picks. Detroit can jump off a cliff for that tag.

But protected FRP/Bagley/Davis, I'm in. Took only a game, but Monte stumbled and rumbled is way into something here.
I look at the prospect of losing Fox or Sabonis as way worse than giving up a middle first round pick. If this doesn't work and Monte has to rebuild you can extract 1st rounders from this crew later on.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I thought it was Bagley and a pick. Davis and a second pick if they didn't do that deal a month ago they are dumb. Also I say ship Bagley for Hart and screw Detroit. They didn't want to deal last year well now that we got a foundational player I believe its time to take whatever Monte offers and pray he doesn't alter it again.

I don’t know how likely it is..but he can probably be had without trading Barnes. They’ll probably have to trade their pick though with Bagley and more filler. I’m reading their asking price is 2 first rounders for Grant. I take that to mean he can be had for one first rounder.

I personally want to keep the pick though. Kings are still in a massive hole and for as good as they looked tonight…the schedule is pretty brutal after Saturday. Maybe top 10 protected
The thing is why would they want Barnes? Their window is further down the road. They are staring at getting a Holmgren/Banchero/Jabari/etc. They need picks, not win now talent.

I look at the prospect of losing Fox or Sabonis as way worse than giving up a middle first round pick. If this doesn't work and Monte has to rebuild you can extract 1st rounders from this crew later on.
The issue is timing. Grant is up a year before Sabonis. Monte would be walking a super thin line if he trades 2 FRP for Grant, keeps him on the big extension and Sabonis doesn't have a deal the season before his UFA.

Again, I think PJ is literally the same thing and honestly might be just as impactful already. While keeping all your future draft capital. I think the Kings need to play it smart and not quite push all their chips in yet on a season they're so far behind in. That can easily happen during the draft/FA/trade season and you come out the gates firing with a fresh record.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
If that pick ends up where it should be you're talking about a 10-12 pick at worst in a draft full of guards. Sometimes you got to know when to hold 'em, and when to fold 'em. The window just popped open for a night. Give an inch, take a mile.
1st rounders are in high demand this year. No way are they going to send an unprotected 1st to Detroit, much less two first rounders that the Pistons say they want for a one year rental. The Kings just got an All Star and unloaded a huge debt in Buddy Hield off their books for Halliburton without giving up their first round pick. Why would they now take the stupid pill and send Pistons first rounders for the lesser Jeremi Grant? If the Pistons like Holmes, great. If not, pound sand.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The issue is timing. Grant is up a year before Sabonis. Monte would be walking a super thin line if he trades 2 FRP for Grant, keeps him on the big extension and Sabonis doesn't have a deal the season before his UFA.

Again, I think PJ is literally the same thing and honestly might be just as impactful already. While keeping all your future draft capital. I think the Kings need to play it smart and not quite push all their chips in yet on a season they're so far behind in. That can easily happen during the draft/FA/trade season and you come out the gates firing with a fresh record.
Hypothetically, what if we could get John Collins with a Holmes/Bagley/two FRPs package?

Dude's locked in for five years. Does a lot of the things Grant and PJ do. Right around the same age as Fox and Sabonis. Hawks probably don't go for it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.