Marvin Bagley will ball out next season!

So in an article on OKC Mock Trades
NBA Mock Trade: Evaluating Potential Thunder Trades (msn.com)

Kings center Marvin Bagley III
With his Sacramento clock ticking, Bagley III could be looking for a change of scenery. The Kings are reportedly looking for a win now player in exchange for their 2021 lottery pick, and could include the disgruntled Bagley in that trade.

This makes no sense to me AT ALL

What win now OKC player would we trade for?
So now we have to give our pick away to trade Marvin?
OKC already have a bunch of cheap young forwards
Deck,Pokusevski,Bazley,Williams,Roby
Why would OKC even want Bagley?

I just don't get it

With his Sacramento clock ticking, Bagley III could be looking for a change of scenery. The Kings are reportedly looking for a win now player in exchange for their 2021 lottery pick, and could include the disgruntled Bagley in that trade.

I just don't get it
Not sure what the Thunder have other than picks but in this scenario, Bagley is just/or mostly for salary match.

I just don't get it
HEY if OKC wants Bagley then it’s all good :p

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I don't see a great fit with Toronto. Unless they want to part with OG or the #4 (seems unlikely) then they don't have much other than future draft compensation.

With Charlotte I think we'd have to be looking for Miles Bridges coming back.

Dallas is pretty mystifying too. They have no picks this year and I can't believe we'd be drooling over Dwight Powell or Maxi Kleber. Josh Green?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I don't see a great fit with Toronto. Unless they want to part with OG or the #4 (seems unlikely) then they don't have much other than future draft compensation.

Dallas is pretty mystifying too. They have no picks this year and I can't believe we'd be drooling over Dwight Powell or Maxi Kleber. Josh Green?
Not only does Dallas not have any picks this season, they have holds on their next couple of available picks because of the Zinger trade still.

I dont see taking Toronto #46 and /or #47 or Charlotte #56 and/or #57
I would love to get Charlotte #11 for Kings #39 and Bagley , But Dream on
Dallas have no picks

It would almost have to be a 2022 first round pick?

The Mavs are apparently shopping Josh Richardson who has a similar cap number to Bagley. I don't really see much potential there though when he's yet another SG and the Kings would have to likely add more to the deal.

Maybe Dallas is just trying to start a conversation to try and dump Porzingis and his deal on Sacramento?

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I mean, why not just forget about Hood and insist on the peanut butter and jelly sandwich?

I don't believe that's the level of offer that Bagley merits in return, not even close. IF IT IS, then it would be absolute malfeasance by McNair not to just keep Bagley and play him next year. Bagley has a lot of potential, whatever the doomsday crowd on the internet has convinced themselves.

Throwing away a young, recent #2 pick who does not have a chronic injury and who has excellent size, athleticism, and basketball skills for his position simply because minor, unrelated injuries have slowed his development curve and his daddy is whiny on Twitter is one absolute sure way to make certain that a cowtown franchise stays a cowtown franchise. WE CAN'T AFFORD TO BLEED TALENT. Trading Bagley for useless pieces...look, I'm going to make a diagram.

Jeez.png

dude12

Hall of Famer

Miles Bridges would be fantastic if that’s even possible

yeah, that was about as sad a thing I’ve ever seen. Bagley, a recent #2 for Rodney Hood and #46. That and Buddy a #6 for Kuzma, but at least here Harrell and the 22nd have value.
Man, if this is as good as it gets I’m with the just keep them crowd and not be bothered about their playing time. I normally refrain from talking ill of Vlade, but he’s looking more the fool at the moment.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
I mean, why not just forget about Hood and insist on the peanut butter and jelly sandwich?

I don't believe that's the level of offer that Bagley merits in return, not even close. IF IT IS, then it would be absolute malfeasance by McNair not to just keep Bagley and play him next year. Bagley has a lot of potential, whatever the doomsday crowd on the internet has convinced themselves.

Throwing away a young, recent #2 pick who does not have a chronic injury and who has excellent size, athleticism, and basketball skills for his position simply because minor, unrelated injuries have slowed his development curve and his daddy is whiny on Twitter is one absolute sure way to make certain that a cowtown franchise stays a cowtown franchise. WE CAN'T AFFORD TO BLEED TALENT. Trading Bagley for useless pieces...look, I'm going to make a diagram.

View attachment 10607
As discussed previously, can we PLEASE stop using red and green for this kind of stuff? Us partially/fully colorblind folks just have a hard time deciphering it. :)