NBA Lottery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I don't know a scenario where Sengun over Johnson/Barnes/Wagner/Moody (in some order) makes any sort of logical sense in the slightest.
A team could see it as a home run on potential. It might work for them, the Kings history on players like that is what it is. Next to Fox, considering needs, he'd be climbing up a hill both ways carrying a bag of boulders on his back. Not to mention, but are GM's watching these playoffs or not?

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I am hoping for Sengun at 9 but I'd also be ok with Barnes, Jones, Kispert, Wagner, and even Giddey.
This is a pretty neat list of all the guys I don't want from the draft this year. I think all of these guys are either going to be long-term projects who will struggle on a team like Sacramento which lacks a proven coaching and development staff or they'll be middling role-players who won't move the needle for us.

This is a pretty neat list of all the guys I don't want from the draft this year. I think all of these guys are either going to be long-term projects who will struggle on a team like Sacramento which lacks a proven coaching and development staff or they'll be middling role-players who won't move the needle for us.
Any player you draft at 9 is going to be a project.

Not Wagner and Kispert. They are developed. Which also limits their potential somewhat. Barnes comes in ready to play NBA defense with his tools and having gone to a school that plays NBA switch defense primarily. Giddey is another one of those Aussie players that are going to be prepared as well as possible. Look at LaMelo, it really helped him a ton. Sengun has a long way to go. No way does Walton play him with where his defense is at. No way.

Man... that's steep. You'd have to be so confident Green is a top 15 player or we lose that trade.
I don't know if he'll be a top 15 player exactly but I think he will be better than Fox in a couple years. I can squint and see him looking like Beal with better defense in 3-4 years.

Personally I think any team that passes up on him from 2 on back is insane.

I was just saying that I personally would do it. Not that I expect it to happen.

Yeah I do not like the idea of investing in a big man in today’s NBA with so many intriguing wings set to be available at 9. I don’t think Sengun is a bum, just don’t think the drop off between him and say someone like Jalen Johnson or Moses moody would be that extreme that you absolutely just can’t pass on him. He’s not a can’t miss prospect to me I guess

Ok another hypothetical, if Houston takes Mobley and Barnes/Kuminga are off the board when the kings pick, would you trade the 9 and Bagley for Wood and the rockets two late first picks?

Yeah I do not like the idea of investing in a big man in today’s NBA with so many intriguing wings set to be available at 9. I don’t think Sengun is a bum, just don’t think the drop off between him and say someone like Jalen Johnson or Moses moody would be that extreme that you absolutely just can’t pass on him. He’s not a can’t miss prospect to me I guess
I'll take him if the available wing has a roleplayer ceiling like Wagner.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Sengun’s worked on his body and him not being the biggest guy around might actually help him not get wrecked on switches like all these bigs have been in the playoffs but if I’m getting a big that high in the draft I need him to be a defensive stud now.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
If the Kings were prepared to clear his path and start over then he should be under consideration. They didn't for Papa G who had a very similar potential profile coming in and we know how that went.
I will say that Sengun is at least a little more mobile than Papa G, who ran the court like he was Miami Shaq at times.

A teams going to really have to think he's the next Jokic for sure and play him as such. Otherwise what are you drafting? If the Kings drafted someone like that and sit him in favor of a Damian Jones because "he plays better defense" this team will never get another private workout again. lol.

If the Kings were prepared to clear his path and start over then he should be under consideration. They didn't for Papa G who had a very similar potential profile coming in and we know how that went.
Really comparing Sengun to Papa G? Didn't know he won MVP of his league at 18. Comparing a guy who put up better stats than pretty much any big man coming out of Europe at 18 vs a guy who barely played on his team. It's like the crazy Luka comparisons, not that I'm saying he will be as good as Luka coming in, but it's crazy to compare Sengun to Papa G.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Really comparing Sengun to Papa G? Didn't know he won MVP of his league at 18. Comparing a guy who put up better stats than pretty much any big man coming out of Europe at 18 vs a guy who barely played on his team. It's like the crazy Luka comparisons, not that I'm saying he will be as good as Luka coming in, but it's crazy to compare Sengun to Papa G.
Luka wasn’t a big man coming into an ever increasingly wing/guard oriented league though.

Status
Not open for further replies.