[Game] Kings vs. Clippers, 1/20/21, 7pm PST, 10pm EST

Give him a legit coach and system and he'll be more than fine. He's a rookie that is going to struggle as teams figure him out, no surprise there.
Man, I could imagine him under Mike D'Antoni or Snyder in Utah. Even we'd be sick of all that middle pick and roll goodness.

Buddy had the Kobe ballhog mentality last season and Luke benched him for it lol
He was benched because he's a walking bad decision. Our starting backcourt had TEN turnovers. Fox had 6 but kept us in th game single-handed in the 2nd Q. Buddy had 4 turnovers on a total five made field goals. Outside the first five min Buddy was pure trash.

I haven’t been as big of a Walton hater as others but my biggest frustration with him is his inability to identify when someone is struggling and then adjust to put them in position to succeed. Ty and Buddy are examples of guys he could set up some plays for open looks.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Boy is it a lot of fun rooting for a team surrendering the most point in the league.
Sometimes it seems like having zero players on the floor on that end couldn’t fare much worse.

Maybe the KINGS could finally use Vivek’s cherry picking strategy. But instead of 5 on 4, ALL 5 players can just hang out on the offensive end. Why not? ;)
Right. Giving up a bajillion points would at least be a little more tolerable if we were doing it on purpose but Walton is actually trying to have our guys play on defense while also running an outdated bad offense.

Everything good about last night can be summed up in one sentence.
DA Fox challenged the best players on the Clippers and played great against them.

The Kings came out in a zone defense and won the first quarter. The Clippers pace themselves and play great defense in spurts and the Kings folded like a tent.

All teams have to do is clamp down for one quarter and play defense and it's an instant 20 point win because the Kings can't seem to hold opponents under 30pts in a quarter.
Kings actually held the clippers to 25 and 20 points in the first and 4th quarters. It was the offensive side in the 3rd that put them out scoring only 19.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Everything good about last night can be summed up in one sentence.
DA Fox challenged the best players on the Clippers and played great against them.
It's great that after four seasons of "rebuilding", we're now back at the "our best player is a freaking stud but everything else about our team sucks" stage that we were at with Boogie.

They just officially postponed the two games against the Grizz so we better make it count against the Knicks tomorrow.

This sucks. Prior to the season I anticipated we would be bad but then Ty and the good start gave me hope that we would at least be entertaining. After the season my Eagles had and the season my Cubs will have, I was at least hoping to semi enjoy the Kings season. Oi.