Free Agency

OK, show me the minutes and the production though. When you sign players to deals like that people expect something. If Bogdan was a great intangibles player you can probably live up without the production but he really isn't. Same with Buddy. That's why when it was one or there other their value plummeted. At the start of the year it was Bogdan. At the end Buddy. Now, you're adding Haliburton into the equation. Who plays where and what do they do?
What makes you so certain Buddy won’t be just as disruptive if/when Haliburton starts over him??

This is where we always seemed to get to with Vlade, what are the minute breakdowns and rotation to make sure it works? One too many bodies while players getting paid or a lotto pick having just been anointed a franchise altering player can mean a lot to the degradation of value somewhere.
the problem is you nor I have any idea what chemistry will be like with Haliburton thrown in the mix. Will it be better with Bogi or Buddy. If I’m spending 18M on Bogi next year to find out I’m fine with that.

What makes you so certain Buddy won’t be just as disruptive if/when Haliburton starts over him??
This all depends on how Buddy is used if they can fix this. Ideally Haliburton and Fox both compliment Buddy so perhaps his usage and minutes can be worked out in such a way that who starts or not doesn't matter. Truthfully though, we still aren't sure what Haliburton and Fox look like together. If they look good and the lack of body size isn't a huge problem then hopefully by the point you transition to that combo full time Buddy has looked good enough in the interim and maybe a few teams are desperate enough that they'll take a shot on him without the Kings either having to take on too much long term $$$ or not get less value in return.

This all depends on how Buddy is used if they can fix this. Ideally Haliburton and Fox both compliment Buddy so perhaps his usage and minutes can be worked out in such a way that who starts or not doesn't matter. Truthfully though, we still aren't sure what Haliburton and Fox look like together. If they look good and the lack of body size isn't a huge problem then hopefully by the point you transition to that combo full time Buddy has looked good enough in the interim and maybe a few teams are desperate enough that they'll take a shot on him without the Kings either having to take on too much long term $$$ or not get less value in return.
true so holding on to Bogi at 18M and trading one next year isn’t the worst idea.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Really don’t need both divas in Buddy and Bogi around the new core. Neither guy can set aside his ego for the betterment of the team and be a 6th man of the year candidate. Eff these guys. Neither guy is worth it. Don’t want these crapty attitudes around the new rooks.

the problem is you nor I have any idea what chemistry will be like with Haliburton thrown in the mix. Will it be better with Bogi or Buddy. If I’m spending 18M on Bogi next year to find out I’m fine with that.
It doesn't matter, what we do know is that Buddy is financially tied into the organization already, Bogdan isn't, and even without Haliburton it wasn't working. Better with Bogdan or Buddy doesn't factor in. Last season was by all intents largely a waste of time so what worked or what could work shouldn't be the concern, it's what DIDN'T work and what might weigh you down further.

true so holding on to Bogi at 18M and trading one next year isn’t the worst idea.
And what if it doesn't work? Say both Buddy and Bogdan are used even worse than last year? So now you have basically two players with lowering value and bad attitudes increasing by the day. What then? Jason Thompson, Kenny Thomas, nah, no more. Especially with players that shouldn't ever become that if health isn't an issue.

Really don’t need both divas in Buddy and Bogi around the new core. Neither guy can set aside his ego for the betterment of the team and be a 6th man of the year candidate. Eff these guys. Neither guy is worth it. Don’t want these crapty attitudes around the new rooks.
It never should have come to that though. While Walton was still losing is way on and ending up on the bottom of the heap defensively relying on the Cojos and Brewers of the world anyway, there were still plenty of options to use them in a more effective way that would have certainly made them a little happier.

OK, show me the minutes and the production though. When you sign players to deals like that people expect something. If Bogdan was a great intangibles player you can probably live up without the production but he really isn't. Same with Buddy. That's why when it was one or there other their value plummeted. At the start of the year it was Bogdan. At the end Buddy. Now, you're adding Haliburton into the equation. Who plays where and what do they do?
If we match on Bogi moving Buddy becomes priority one. I think the odds are we could probably get a better return on Buddy anyways like a younger player and a pick. Then move Bogi near the deadline if Halliburton has won the starting role and they can't all play together for a pick and expiring.

If we match on Bogi moving Buddy becomes priority one. I think the odds are we could probably get a better return on Buddy anyways like a younger player and a pick. Then move Bogi near the deadline if Halliburton has won the starting role and they can't all play together for a pick and expiring.
If that deal were out there for Buddy we would have heard it. What we did hear is that the Sixers wanted to dump Horford on the Kings. Yay! Turns out some Kings fans underestimated the toxicity of that contract there huh? There is one other major reason why I think keeping Buddy is the way to go. His contract. Vlade to his credit signed those declining contracts so the longer Buddy remains, even if he continues to play at his current level, the more easily movable that contract becomes. Bogdans will be tougher just from a financial perspective in making a deal work. Factor in the potential of a declining cap with that. Vlade was smart and I'm guessing he or someone involved was signing those deals with that possibility in mind. Ratings and revenues were already dropping. Vlade did a good thing there.

If that deal were out there for Buddy we would have heard it. What we did hear is that the Sixers wanted to dump Horford on the Kings. Yay! Turns out some Kings fans underestimated the toxicity of that contract there huh? There is one other major reason why I think keeping Buddy is the way to go. His contract. Vlade to his credit signed those declining contracts so the longer Buddy remains, even if he continues to play at his current level, the more easily movable that contract becomes. Bogdans will be tougher just from a financial perspective in making a deal work. Factor in the potential of a declining cap with that. Vlade was smart and I'm guessing he or someone involved was signing those deals with that possibility in mind. Ratings and revenues were already dropping. Vlade did a good thing there.
Buddy’s Contract is declining. It gets better and easier to trade each year.

This is getting interesting since it now seems to be between the Lakers and Hawks. There might be enough leverage there to get the Hawks to cough up something.

We have 9 active player contracts, and 3 draft picks to sign

If we match Bogi 18m, I would guess that puts us over the cap, we can use Early Bird and try and sign Len?
Can we match Jeffries as a RFA even if no bird rights?

If Monte decides not to match, maybe try for whiteside if no, then maybe Basemore and Len?