Following Potential *2020* Draftees

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Tyler Bey. SF, 6'7", 216 Lb's, Junior, Colorado. 29.0 mpg - 13.8 ppg - 53.0% fgp - 41.9% 3pp - 9.9 rpg - 1.5 stl's pg - 1.2 blk's pg.

This is a player that I wish would somehow slide down into the 2nd rd, but would be shocked if he did. Very long player with a reported 7'1" wingspan. Looks like a good 3 pt shooter if you go by his percentage, but in fact, he only took one three a game, so it's a very small sampling. That doesn't make him bad 3 pt shooter, just an unproven one. Aside from that he's a terrific finisher at the basket and has serious hops, along with a quick second leap. Very good offensive rebounder and a good rebounder overall for his size and position. He's close to being an elite athlete, but lacks the fluidity you would normally expect.

That lack of fluidity doesn't hurt him. As a matter of fact, I think it helps him particularly on offense, where his herky jerky movement belies which way he's going. He's an excellent defender where his huge wingspan helps him with poking the ball away, or being able to reach into the passing lanes and intercept passes. His lateral movement is solid along with his pursuit if beaten off the dribble. Many of his blocked shots came from behind. If not being one of the older players in the draft he would likely go higher.

I found a great tape that better shows the defensive abilities of Bey, so I decided to add it.

Last edited:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Tyrell Terry: 6'3', 174 lb's, PG, Stanford, Freshman. 32.5 mpg - 14.6 ppg - 44.1% fgp - 40.8% 3pp - 89.1% ftp - 4.5 rpg - 3.2 apg - 1.4 stl's pg

Terry had a terrific freshman season at Stanford, and has been all over the draft board, from somewhere around 24 to 25 to all the way down in the 2nd round around the 40th to 45th pick. Terry had only one weakness during his freshman season, and that was his 6'1", 155 Lb body. Yeah, I know, that doesn't jell with the numbers I posted above. That's because Terry has been working out with an NBA trainer preparing for the draft, and he has transformed his body in the process. Amazingly, he's one of those rare players that actually increased his vertical after adding 20 Lb's of muscle.

I suspect that Terry has probably cemented his place in the 1st rd since the only thing scouts were worried about was his size, and even then, most thought talent wise, he was 1st rd material. He's an excellent 3 pt shooter with more than NBA range, and a lightning quick release. He has excellent handles and a very good in traffic passer. His mid-range game needs a little work, but he's deadly in catch in shoot. In some interviews with several NBA GM's, they said his BBIQ was one of the highest they ever interviewed.

I had hope that Terry might slip down to our first pick in the 2nd rd, but that's not likely now.

Last edited:
Tyrell Terry: 6'3', 174 lb's, PG, Stanford, Freshman. 32.5 mpg - 14.6 ppg - 44.1% fgp - 40.8% 3pp - 89.1% ftp - 4.5 rpg - 3.2 apg - 1.4 stl's pg

Terry had a terrific freshman season at Stanford, and has been all over the draft board, from somewhere around 24 to 25 to all the way down in the 2nd round around the 40th to 45th pick. Terry had only one weakness during his freshman season, and that was his 6'1", 155 Lb body. Yeah, I know, that doesn't jell with the numbers I posted above. That's because Terry has been working out with an NBA trainer preparing for the draft, and he has transformed his body in the process. Amazingly, he's one of those rare players that actually increased his vertical after adding 20 Lb's of muscle.

I suspect that Terry has probably cemented his place in the 1st rd since the only thing scouts were worried about was his size, and even then, most thought talent wise, he was 1st rd material. He's an excellent 3 pt shooter with more than NBA range, and a lightning quick release. He has excellent handles and a very good in traffic passer. His mid-range game needs a little work, but he's deadly in catch in shoot. In some interviews with several NBA GM's, they said his BBIQ was one of the highest they ever interviewed.

I had hope that Terry might slip down to our first pick in the 2nd rd, but that's not likely now.

If Philly does decide to move forward with Embiid & Simmons as their core they are very aware that they have to surround them with shooters.

If they keep the 21st pick I have to think Terry would be at the top of their board if he's still available.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Tyrell Terry: 6'3', 174 lb's, PG, Stanford, Freshman.

Terry had only one weakness during his freshman season, and that was his 6'1", 155 Lb body. Yeah, I know, that doesn't jell with the numbers I posted above. That's because Terry has been working out with an NBA trainer preparing for the draft, and he has transformed his body in the process.
If you know the name of the NBA trainer that made Terry two inches taller, please let me know. I need me some of that.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
If you know the name of the NBA trainer that made Terry two inches taller, please let me know. I need me some of that.
Ha Ha! No, I don't think a trainer can somehow lengthen a players height. But, he did grow two inches since he originally walked into Stanford. Not a huge shock since a lot of players go through a growth period in college. JT grew 5 or 6 inches between his freshman and senior year. AD grew about 6 inches between his junior year of highschool and his freshman year at Kentucky. But then you knew that. After all, you are the Capt of facts.....:cool:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
If Philly does decide to move forward with Embiid & Simmons as their core they are very aware that they have to surround them with shooters.

If they keep the 21st pick I have to think Terry would be at the top of their board if he's still available.
Yep, and I'm sure they'll be taking a look at him.

I’m starting to think Terry is our guy unless Hayes falls. The Houston guys are really aggressive, and I think teams will overpay for Buddy and Bogi (S&T). There’s too much value capture in moving those guys via trade, especially with their replacement staring us in the face at 12. I could see Poku blowing the doors off too, but honestly, if he does he’ll shoot right past us into the 5-8 range.

I’m starting to think Terry is our guy unless Hayes falls. The Houston guys are really aggressive, and I think teams will overpay for Buddy and Bogi (S&T). There’s too much value capture in moving those guys via trade, especially with their replacement staring us in the face at 12. I could see Poku blowing the doors off too, but honestly, if he does he’ll shoot right past us into the 5-8 range.
I was giving Kira Lewis a lot of thought at 12 believing another young facilitator is needed regardless of Fox. Also looks like Lewis has the size to play next to Fox. Now Terry is also intriguing but not sure he has the size to play together.

I really hope that one way or another McNair lands us another 1st in this draft. I recon its shaping up better than originally thought and I would like to see the median age on this team a bit closer to Fox.

Last edited:
I get the shooting, but Terry's lack of penetration scares me. Can he be a lead guard, is he better than Kyle Guy? So I would be disappointed if he's our pick at #12.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I get the shooting, but Terry's lack of penetration scares me. Can he be a lead guard, is he better than Kyle Guy? So I would be disappointed if he's our pick at #12.
Well, originally I was hoping he would slide down to us in the 2nd rd, but in no way was I considering him at 12. Three years from now he may well look like a lottery pick, but I'm not willing to take that gamble. If I was going to take a PG at 12 it would be Kira Lewis. That aside, Terry had no problem getting to the basket, but he tended to slide away from contact due to his height and weight. So I would suspect that he will be more aggressive now with the added muscle, and height.

Is he better than Kyle Guy? As far as I'm concerned the answer is yes. Guy is, or at least was more of a SG in a PG's body. Terry is a legit PG who can also shoot the ball, and he shoots it well. But more than that, Terry is a good defender and that should improve with his added muscle. He was a good on the ball defender, with the exception of fighting through picks. At 155 Lb's he had no chance. Not saying he'll blast through picks now, but there should certainly be improvement. He certainly gives effort on that side of the floor, and has good instincts. I'm not sure that Guy will ever be a good defender.

Well, originally I was hoping he would slide down to us in the 2nd rd, but in no way was I considering him at 12. Three years from now he may well look like a lottery pick, but I'm not willing to take that gamble. If I was going to take a PG at 12 it would be Kira Lewis. That aside, Terry had no problem getting to the basket, but he tended to slide away from contact due to his height and weight. So I would suspect that he will be more aggressive now with the added muscle, and height.

Is he better than Kyle Guy? As far as I'm concerned the answer is yes. Guy is, or at least was more of a SG in a PG's body. Terry is a legit PG who can also shoot the ball, and he shoots it well. But more than that, Terry is a good defender and that should improve with his added muscle. He was a good on the ball defender, with the exception of fighting through picks. At 155 Lb's he had no chance. Not saying he'll blast through picks now, but there should certainly be improvement. He certainly gives effort on that side of the floor, and has good instincts. I'm not sure that Guy will ever be a good defender.
Terry is also an underrated playmaker. He has good vision and great touch on his passes.

He seems like a guy who is rising up draft boards but my concern with him is that for a shooter at his size, his release is relatively slow.

He has good mechanics, but both getting the ball from the catch into his shooting pocket and from there to his release is not as quick as guys like Steph, Trae Young, Lillard etc.

It is likely something he can speed up but for now he needs more space than the guys listed above to get a shot off.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Terry is also an underrated playmaker. He has good vision and great touch on his passes.

He seems like a guy who is rising up draft boards but my concern with him is that for a shooter at his size, his release is relatively slow.

He has good mechanics, but both getting the ball from the catch into his shooting pocket and from there to his release is not as quick as guys like Steph, Trae Young, Lillard etc.

It is likely something he can speed up but for now he needs more space than the guys listed above to get a shot off.

Well, I think there are two sides to that coin. The only way his slow release would matter is if he's being guarded, and if he is, that means he helps spread the floor. A worse scenario would be that he's on the perimeter and no one guards him because he can't shoot well enough. Sort of a backwards way of looking at it, but if they decide to play off of him, then his slow release won't matter. However, I'm sure it's something he's working on.

Here are some pre-draft workout videos that have been uploaded over recent days. I know they don't tell a whole lot but they are still interesting to watch and hear the players speak and how they move. Plus, there's not a whole lot else to discuss at the moment.

Tyrell Terry:

Reggie Perry:

Devon Dotson:

Tyrese Maxey:

Onyeka Okongwu:

Part 3:

Tyerese Haliburton:

There are more on youtube for those who are interested, I just included some of the top guys and also players who will be in the mix when we're picking. Maybe even one or two available in the second round if we're lucky.

Some things I noticed from watching the above: Maxey has gotten noticeable stronger, as has Josh Green. Both guys have tree trunks for legs and I really like both guys as prospects. I think there's untapped potential in both of them. I also like Otoru, he is one of my favourite big prospects. Terry is smooth and has gotten stronger, I just have trouble figuring out what exactly his upside is. I also love Tyler Bey, he is a great athlete who is likely going to be a better player than his draft position. Defends, tall, uber athletic and a tough kid. McDaniels is clearly talented but his personality just doesn't do it for me. I don't think he's a guy that will realise his potential. As a 2nd rounder, sure, take a flyer.

Last edited:
Paul Eboua:

This kid deserves a serious look in the 2nd round. Awesome size/athleticism. Still needs to get better as a shooter and ball-handler, but you can see the potential. Not many people can move like him. He is worth a serious look with one of our 2nd rounders.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
As many of you know, I think the best player in this draft is Haliburton. The player with the most upside is tougher, but I think I would go with Avdija. Some would go with Edwards, but I think Avdija is more likely to reach his upside. Now my favorite player in the draft is Jalen Smith with Tyler Bey coming in a close second. Tyler reminds me of Kawhi Leonard when he was at SDSU. Terrific defender with similar size and length. Probably a better 3pt shooter at this point.

I watched Maxey's workout video, and his shot looks much better. If he can shoot like that in a real game, then you have a player that should be a lottery pick. Maxey is a tenacious defender and although a bit small at 6'3", he has a very good wingspan that helps make up for it, similar to Bradley Beal, who isn't a bad high end comp. Maxey would fit beautifully into the Kings fast pace system. He has terrific end to end speed and look great running next to Fox.

I think Jalen Smith would also fit into the Kings system and would bring some welcome post defense along with rebounding. Smith is a very good shot blocker, but he's also quite comfortable one on one on the perimeter with good lateral quickness. He can score with either hand around the basket, and he's an improving three point shooter (36.8%), good enough that they had him coming off screens and popping. Personally, I wouldn't have a problem taking him at 12, that's how good I think he's going to be, but it's not likely to happen.

That's the problem with this draft. There's no clear cut number one, or two, or three. It wouldn't surprise me if a player drafted in the 2nd rd ended up winning ROY. For now though, I'm sticking with Saddiq Bey, unless one of Vassell, Haliburton, Toppin, or AvdIja falls down to us.

As many of you know, I think the best player in this draft is Haliburton. The player with the most upside is tougher, but I think I would go with Avdija. Some would go with Edwards, but I think Avdija is more likely to reach his upside. Now my favorite player in the draft is Jalen Smith with Tyler Bey coming in a close second. Tyler reminds me of Kawhi Leonard when he was at SDSU. Terrific defender with similar size and length. Probably a better 3pt shooter at this point.

I watched Maxey's workout video, and his shot looks much better. If he can shoot like that in a real game, then you have a player that should be a lottery pick. Maxey is a tenacious defender and although a bit small at 6'3", he has a very good wingspan that helps make up for it, similar to Bradley Beal, who isn't a bad high end comp. Maxey would fit beautifully into the Kings fast pace system. He has terrific end to end speed and look great running next to Fox.

I think Jalen Smith would also fit into the Kings system and would bring some welcome post defense along with rebounding. Smith is a very good shot blocker, but he's also quite comfortable one on one on the perimeter with good lateral quickness. He can score with either hand around the basket, and he's an improving three point shooter (36.8%), good enough that they had him coming off screens and popping. Personally, I wouldn't have a problem taking him at 12, that's how good I think he's going to be, but it's not likely to happen.

That's the problem with this draft. There's no clear cut number one, or two, or three. It wouldn't surprise me if a player drafted in the 2nd rd ended up winning ROY. For now though, I'm sticking with Saddiq Bey, unless one of Vassell, Haliburton, Toppin, or AvdIja falls down to us.

I have shown interest in a lot of players but happy to see you giving Maxey some love. Ever since passing on Donavan Mitchell, similaire sized combo guard, because we appeared guard rich and having just drafted Fox I’ve often wondered if only. I hated that trade down even more then passing on Donic for Bagley.
Not assuming Maxey is another Mitchell, but I could easily see a dynamic fun to watch Kentucky backcourt of Fox and Maxey.
This could likely mean moving on from Buddy but I’m fine wth that.

Last edited:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
My man! Just a little over two weeks till the draft, and unless someone of value slides down to us, I'm sticking with my man Saddiq Bey. He has the size were looking for on the wing, and I think he has far more upside than most people think. I look at his improvement all through highschool, and then his jump from his freshman year to his sophomore year, and I can see more improvement in the future. He can play both forward positions, and defend four.

The knock on him is his so called lack of explosiveness. Funny, I can remember them saying the same thing about Tatum. Of course there's also the possibility that a team will take him before it's our turn, and it wouldn't surprise me if that happens. But if he's there, he's my man.

My man! Just a little over two weeks till the draft, and unless someone of value slides down to us, I'm sticking with my man Saddiq Bey. He has the size were looking for on the wing, and I think he has far more upside than most people think. I look at his improvement all through highschool, and then his jump from his freshman year to his sophomore year, and I can see more improvement in the future. He can play both forward positions, and defend four.

The knock on him is his so called lack of explosiveness. Funny, I can remember them saying the same thing about Tatum. Of course there's also the possibility that a team will take him before it's our turn, and it wouldn't surprise me if that happens. But if he's there, he's my man.

What I really like about Bey is his shooting form is so consistent. His footwork is great, his shot looks the same every single time. Plenty of college players shoot a good % and it's not trustworthy. I don't have that fear with Bey. He's also got good size, strength, solid athleticism and can defend. Shows the ability to move the ball. Overall he's definitely a good wing prospect and is likely going to be a solid two-way player at the very least. Would not complain if he's our pick.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
What I really like about Bey is his shooting form is so consistent. His footwork is great, his shot looks the same every single time. Plenty of college players shoot a good % and it's not trustworthy. I don't have that fear with Bey. He's also got good size, strength, solid athleticism and can defend. Shows the ability to move the ball. Overall he's definitely a good wing prospect and is likely going to be a solid two-way player at the very least. Would not complain if he's our pick.
If the Kings are looking for size on the wing, there aren't that many quality players that will be available. Vassell at 6'7" would be one choice, but it's doubtful he'll fall to us. After that I would have Bey as my 2nd choice. Robert Williams would probably be next in line at 6'8", but he's more upside right now. I was reminded of a quote by a national writer on The Athletic, and I paraphrase. " He's probably one of the most athletic players in the draft and wouldn't be surprised if he's the best player out of this draft in three years". He was referring to Marquese Christ.

After that group your down to McDaniels and another of my favorites, Tyler Bey. Hmmm, I seem to be stuck on anyone named Bey. I may need help!

Bey is skilled, but Tatum has a quicker first step for sure. Bey should be OK at getting the rack though. He's more like Jabari Parker from what I've seen. More of a banger.

The only knock would probably be how low it is. Buddy's shot is a little in front of him too though. Bey gets it off fairly quick so that helps.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Bey is skilled, but Tatum has a quicker first step for sure. Bey should be OK at getting the rack though. He's more like Jabari Parker from what I've seen. More of a banger.
Bey is an excellent 3 pt shooter having shot 45% from the three (and he took a lot of them) with a lightning quick release. He's quicker than Parker, and a far better defender. Of course, Bey is a SF who can play PF. Parker is a PF who can, with the right matchup, play a little SF. Parker is a better rebounder, but I think some of Bey's lack of rebounding comes from defending away from the basket a lot, and also scoring from the perimeter, something that's not in Parkers bag of tricks just yet.

I certainly wasn't trying to compare what we know about Tatum today, but what was said about Tatum prior to his being drafted. I heard some criticize his athleticism, or lack there of. Some said he was a less athletic version of Rudy Gay, and some said he lacked an explosive first step. Most of those criticisms have been proven wrong, just as most criticisms about Bey will be proven wrong.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
There has been several sources, including James Ham, who have said the Kings were very interested in Kira Lewis Jr., the 6'3", lightning fast PG from Alabama. It does make some sense since Joseph has one year left, and that his game is the antithesis of Fox's. It's safe to say that guards are valued more than big men in today's league and if you can acquire one that could be special, then you do it. Lewis falls into that possibility. I'm sure we all remember Houston's Harden/Paul starting backcourt.

I like Lewis, and the first time I saw him play he reminded me of Fox, or possibly Morant. Similar speed and body type. Lewis shot 36.6% from the three while taking just a tick under 5 attempts a game. For those that put value on the free throw/3 pt shot percentages, he shot 80% from the line. Drafting him would likely put Joseph on the trading block. I'm still going with Bey, but wouldn't be that disappointed with Lewis. Talent is talent, and one could argue that Lewis is more talented than Bey. Of course he's not 6'8".

I thought I would add Lewis workout tape, more for you to see that he's added 15 Lb's of muscle. His playing weight this past season was 165 Lb's. He's now reported to weigh 180 lb's.

There has been several sources, including James Ham, who have said the Kings were very interested in Kira Lewis Jr., the 6'3", lightning fast PG from Alabama. It does make some sense since Joseph has one year left, and that his game is the antithesis of Fox's. It's safe to say that guards are valued more than big men in today's league and if you can acquire one that could be special, then you do it. Lewis falls into that possibility. I'm sure we all remember Houston's Harden/Paul starting backcourt.

I like Lewis, and the first time I saw him play he reminded me of Fox, or possibly Morant. Similar speed and body type. Lewis shot 36.6% from the three while taking just a tick under 5 attempts a game. For those that put value on the free throw/3 pt shot percentages, he shot 80% from the line. Drafting him would likely put Joseph on the trading block. I'm still going with Bey, but wouldn't be that disappointed with Lewis. Talent is talent, and one could argue that Lewis is more talented than Bey. Of course he's not 6'8".

I thought I would add Lewis workout tape, more for you to see that he's added 15 Lb's of muscle. His playing weight this past season was 165 Lb's. He's now reported to weigh 180 lb's.

I like Lewis, think it would be spectacular to see the Kings wear down opponents with non stop fast with him and Fox. I have a question though, can he play along side Fox or do you see him as his backup? If Lewis is as good as we hope, recon it wont be long before he wants starter status and minutes.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I never watched Lewis at Alabama, have seen zero workouts or highlights of him but is a comparison of Collin Sexton a fair one?
I think he's much quicker than Sexton, and probably more of a PG than Sexton. I always thought of Sexton as more of a shoot first type PG. I think Morant is a better comp as to style and ability.

passing abilities?
don't like idea of drafting de'aarons copy at PG. would prefer someone with different skill set like killian hayes - PNR's and 3pt shooting. and good defense too...

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Well Hayes shot 29.4% from the three, while Lewis shot 36.6%. They both shot in the 80's percentile from the line. Hayes is also quick and athletic, just not as much as Lewis. I could call Lewis a good passer at the moment but not a great passer. My knock on Lewis is that he gets a bit loose with the ball at times and turns it over, but most of his short comings are correctable. By the way, Lewis runs the P&R very well..