[Game] Kings @ Nets - Friday, Aug. 7 - 2 PM PT; 5 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even worse the draft standings are fixed so SA, Pheonix and maybe New Orleans will all likely draft before us. At least Vlade hasn’t traded aware our 2021 draft pick. Hard to see how we make the play-offs next year.

Krunker

Northernmost Kings Fan
I’d rather not see Cojo any more for the remainder of the bubbl. Give me some Guy as backup. Christ, the Nets played Chiozza and it didn’t hurt them one bit. Pretty sure the kid won’t embarrass himself and in fact we may find something out about him. Same for James.
Agreed, might as well give the kids some minutes and experience since they will probably be here next year.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Agreed, might as well give the kids some minutes and experience since they will probably be here next year.
It would give interest in watching. We know right now that the vets haven’t pushed us over the top, just change gears. I’m sure they would understand.

Unlikely. I think even with the Lakers that was a knock on Luke. He'll ride or die with the Josephs, the Brewers, the Yogi's, etc. of the world. Why? Because he was them.

Luke expecting losing to be the teacher, wow. Guess what Luke, not everyone cares about winning and losing.
This is where Vivek needs to trust his instincts. If his coach if feeding him that kind of horse**** then Luke better start printing some fake ID's. Buddy you're now 19. Harrison? A spry young 20 year old. Bjelica just hit puberty according to his, but did he cut his hair? And when did he change his name to McLovin?

When most of your core is nearing 30 years of age they don't learn, they tune out.

my biggest question mark here is fox... he's our core piece and starting point guard, most crucial position in every BB team
so my notes on him are:

very quick player, very good acceleration and good speed of reaction
excellent ball handling, regarding his speed
questionable iq
below avg 3pt shooting
bad passer
not able to create anything for teammates, useless for a PNR
below avg defender, bad in switching, avoiding screens, often leaves his man alone off the ball

so guys, if you're expecting him to become better, how that better should look like?
he's going to add some experience? ok, every young player gains exp
he will add some new tools, like those mentioned above? not so likely.
probably he'll work on his defence, but i don't see him becoming better passer and more useful in half court sets. usually, he takes the ball in one moment, goes against 3 opposite players and creates a pinball machine for himself in the lane.
iq... he screws momentum too often with his U18 basketball
3pt, ok, he can get better...
creativity? not sure he's able to develop that... at some point i think you're born with it, or not

his current skills are far from enough to be a franchise player. even with an improved defence.
where we gonna get with him?

I agree that the whole Kings' coaching staff looks like they have given up. They look bored like they want to be somewhere else.

The team plays with little emotion. The offense has reverted back to dribble, dribble, shoot. That is how bad high school teams play. What happened to ball movement, screens away from the ball, back cuts, and the rest of intelligent basketball?

Team defense is just not there. A decimated Nets team can make the Kings' look really average.

Fox is still a bright spot. I like Barnes. Buddy and Bogdan need to get traded.

Today was barely watchable.

my biggest question mark here is fox... he's our core piece and starting point guard, most crucial position in every BB team
so my notes on him are:

very quick player, very good acceleration and good speed of reaction
excellent ball handling, regarding his speed
questionable iq
below avg 3pt shooting
bad passer
not able to create anything for teammates, useless for a PNR
below avg defender, bad in switching, avoiding screens, often leaves his man alone off the ball

so guys, if you're expecting him to become better, how that better should look like?
he's going to add some experience? ok, every young player gains exp
he will add some new tools, like those mentioned above? not so likely.
probably he'll work on his defence, but i don't see him becoming better passer and more useful in half court sets. usually, he takes the ball in one moment, goes against 3 opposite players and creates a pinball machine for himself in the lane.
iq... he screws momentum too often with his U18 basketball
3pt, ok, he can get better...
creativity? not sure he's able to develop that... at some point i think you're born with it, or not

his current skills are far from enough to be a franchise player. even with an improved defence.
where we gonna get with him?
the problem with Fox is I think his driving motivational factor is glory. That’s fine if you are a wing but as a point guard it’s problematic as you will miss passing at times for your own shot.

for us to be great Fox has to be Gary Payton who plays suffocating defense and sets up his shooters. I’m not sure he is internally motivated to be that guy.

the problem with Fox is I think his driving motivational factor is glory. That’s fine if you are a wing but as a point guard it’s problematic as you will miss passing at times for your own shot.

for us to be great Fox has to be Gary Payton who plays suffocating defense and sets up his shooters. I’m not sure he is internally motivated to be that guy.
Im not so sure he is being externally motivated to be that guy either....

I'm afraid he doesn't have mentality to become gary, but, if his vanity gets affected in a right way, who knows...

currently, we need to wait for him to get mature and to realise that his athleticism simply is not enough.

also we need some secondary playmakers playing in a line up with him. bogdan pretty much fits with that shoes, but have some flaws on his own.

That's why I would like to trade some assets to snab deni avdija in a draft, if it's possible.

Last edited:
The wild card no one talks about is Covid-19. It just killed a professional athlete in Europe when he passed due to a sudden heart attack. Covid-19 causes permanent damage in half of people not showing symptoms. Long term symptoms may persist. Every player positive may be impacted more than they know of, likely Buddy since he has this steep drop. Does that change everything? No. The pick should have been Luka. Oddly enough if wr dont move up that year I bet we draft Porter and we are better off as things stand now. Bagley is still young and has shown flashes so im not writing him off. But the Kings should have also picked Bol Bol last year when he was there. Talk about low risk high reward and Denver has done that twice in two years. This comes down to talent evaluation, scouting etc. Or vlades decision making based on that info. The coaching has been awful. I think Vlade went with Luke to have the laid back personality Adelman had. But players noe respond to Malone and Joeger better. Bagley and Giles had coach K and Fox had Calipari. We did better with mofe intense coaches and thats ehat we need ongoing too. We should probably fire Vlade and get someone from the Spurs front office or warriors like other teams have done. Utah and OKC have gms who used to work with sa. Find out whats wrong and make a plan to fix it. I dont think Vivek has done that yet.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
If I go by what I'm seeing on other fan platforms, the Kings are losing fans in droves.

And the activity here doesn't seem anywhere near what it once was.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
If I go by what I'm seeing on other fan platforms, the Kings are losing fans in droves.

Yes, the level of volume of fandom has dropped significantly since the Joeger firing last season.. we even lost alot of old timers when Big Cuz was traded.

It does not help that the team is performing so poorly during a terrible time in the world as well... there are just more important things to worry about right now

Yes, the level of volume of fandom has dropped significantly since the Joeger firing last season.. we even lost alot of old timers when Big Cuz was traded.

It does not help that the team is performing so poorly during a terrible time in the world as well... there are just more important things to worry about right now
This could have been a bright spot and got our minds off of current events. But the kings playing like crap just reminds us that 2020 is crap.

I just check in to take part in the fan rants on how bad we suck. I don’t even get excited for the games at all I was more interested when we had the twin duplexes as a front court if anybody remembers those times

Status
Not open for further replies.