The ONE AND ONLY Luka Doncic discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, maybe. The people who dislike him are very vocal which probably influences my figure too much. Then there's people who haven't really talked about Bagley at all. And then there's the people who defend him, but aren't nearly as passionate as the detractors. It's hard to effectively gauge.
Nobody dislikes Bagley. People do comment on how his style is a bad fit for what works with this team, how his lack of development and health are concerns, and that overall he's not living up to the hype surrounding him and where he was picked. None of that is "dislike".

If vivek can't get over luka how the hell is anyone here suppose to get over it?

Vlade is as good as gone. Now vivek has to live with the fact that he hired the guy who passed on a player that could have changed the entire direction of this franchise. Own it vivek, you own a lot of the blame for where this franchise is right now.

I’ll get killed for this but not pairing Luka with Porzingis/Buddy/Bogi cost us multiple championships. That’s how good this kid is and a a big two of Luka/Porzingis, oh well.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I’ll get killed for this but not pairing Luka with Porzingis/Buddy/Bogi cost us multiple championships. That’s how good this kid is and a a big two of Luka/Porzingis, oh well.
Why would you "get killed" for making the same comment that's been made probably 20 times already in this thread?

Okay...

In all reality, almost everyone not among the few of you who are still adamantly upset about the whole draft thing has moved on. I don't think your peers will disagree with you.
This........is a funny post.
I think you have it backward. In all reality, except for the few here who swear they have moved on from the biggest draft blunder in kings history.......

I will maintain that the Mavericks supporting cast is way better than anyone thought, Seth Curry,THJ/DFS all having career years and Zinger finally looks like hes back I reckon even without Doncic if the rest of the team was healthy they would be fighting it out with the Kings/Grizzlies/Portland/Pelicans right now being 4-9 games below 500. Lucky they have Doncic who puts them like 10 games above 500.

They have built out of small names and solid vets a good supporting cast this offseason.

I will maintain that the Mavericks supporting cast is way better than anyone thought, Seth Curry,THJ/DFS all having career years and Zinger finally looks like hes back I reckon even without Doncic if the rest of the team was healthy they would be fighting it out with the Kings/Grizzlies/Portland/Pelicans right now being 4-9 games below 500. Lucky they have Doncic who puts them like 10 games above 500.

They have built out of small names and solid vets a good supporting cast this offseason.
Porzingis as the number one option is a lottery team especially when that second option is THJ

The supporting cast looks good for two reasons:
1. good coaching;
2. the attention that Luka and KP command, and
3. their willingness and ability to pass.

These things are interconnected, of course.

I find it very hard to believe that these role players would have the same amount of success and efficiency if they would be playing for the Kings or Magic, just to name a few teams. So it is not that these role players are better than we thought, they are simply put in a system to succeed by their coach and reaping the benefits of playing with two stars who buy into to the team concept.

gunks

Hall of Famer
So is this the game thread for tonight's Zion vs Luka game?!

Guilt free rooting for the Mavs tonight, as a Pel's loss gets us a bit closer to actually making the post season this year!

Go Luka!

SLAB

Hall of Famer
14th triple double, just screwed an elite defender into the floor, and tipped the rebound out for the two-possession lead on free throws.

Vlade is dumb.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I’ve allowed myself to get so lost in GilesMania that I haven’t thought about Luka much recently.

But then I watch some Mavs and think how this dude should be a King. The Kings should be this upstart 20-year old bonafide superstar led team. The Kings should have this excitement. What a forever franchise altering blunder.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Doris Burke: Luka is a baaaad man
Also Doris Burke: Zion Zion Zion ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION Zion Zion ZION ZION ZION Zion ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZIONZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZIONZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZIONZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZIONZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION

Status
Not open for further replies.