Bagley.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Have any conspiracy theorists thrown out the idea that the Bagley camp is hyping up the injury to get him out of this franchise yet? Bagley Sr. does seem like that much of a jerk.

May explain why there's not been a concrete diagnosis on the foot thing. Although I'm leaning towards the non-transparency that's become this FO's MO.

...Or are we not allowed to bandy conspiracy theories on this forum anymore? Because I'm making this post with a big giant shaker full of big giant grains of salt. I just miss the days of whacky whimsy around here, it really helped pass the time between one draft lotto to the next.

Have any conspiracy theorists thrown out the idea that the Bagley camp is hyping up the injury to get him out of this franchise yet? Bagley Sr. does seem like that much of a jerk.

May explain why there's not been a concrete diagnosis on the foot thing. Although I'm leaning towards the non-transparency that's become this FO's MO.

...Or are we not allowed to bandy conspiracy theories on this forum anymore? Because I'm making this post with a big giant shaker full of big giant grains of salt. I just miss the days of whacky whimsy around here, it really helped pass the time between one draft lotto to the next.
Why not. The real smart, savvy guys get themselves traded immediately from this franchise.

I for one will hold the fans accountable if this happens. People love to toss the word "embarrassment" around in here. Well, I'm embarrassed by the vitriolic sentiment expressed by some Kings fans towards Marvin Bagley. You want to know why we can't have nice things? Well, look at some of the vile comments made about Bagley.

Kings fans never used to be like that.
Blaming the fans is absolutely ridiculous. We can’t have nice things because we consistently have poor ownership that makes poor hiring decisions and rewards ineptitude.

The fans aren’t involved with the kings poor draft history. The fans haven’t hired the coaches, or managed the salary cap, the fans don’t run a coaching carousel. The fans certainly didn’t reward Vlades poor decision making with a contract extension.

The fans are rightfully upset. Attendance continues to drop. The kings shouldn’t be rewarded for how poorly this franchise is run, and fans certainly shouldn’t be labeled as toxic for calling a spade a spade.

Some fans have taking things too far, but we’re talking about a very small minority here that aren’t representative of the general populace of fans. It’s completely unfair and absolves the actual responsible parties of guilt.

Blaming the fans is absolutely ridiculous. We can’t have nice things because we consistently have poor ownership that makes poor hiring decisions and rewards ineptitude.

The fans aren’t involved with the kings poor draft history. The fans haven’t hired the coaches, or managed the salary cap, the fans don’t run a coaching carousel. The fans certainly didn’t reward Vlades poor decision making with a contract extension.

The fans are rightfully upset. Attendance continues to drop. The kings shouldn’t be rewarded for how poorly this franchise is run, and fans certainly shouldn’t be labeled as toxic for calling a spade a spade.

Some fans have taking things too far, but we’re talking about a very small minority here that aren’t representative of the general populace of fans. It’s completely unfair and absolves the actual responsible parties of guilt.
And by too far you mean complaining on here which in itself isn’t taking it too far. Fans sent at Golden 1 boing and harassing Bagley holding up signs begging him to leave.

I for one will hold the fans accountable if this happens. People love to toss the word "embarrassment" around in here. Well, I'm embarrassed by the vitriolic sentiment expressed by some Kings fans towards Marvin Bagley. You want to know why we can't have nice things? Well, look at some of the vile comments made about Bagley.

Come on, now, that’s not fair. Per Amick, Vivek is fixing to fire Vlade before the season even ends for the express purpose of Vlade drafting Bagley. Bagley getting traded in the summer would have nothing to do with the fans. Listen to Amick, Vivek is a laughingstock at any NBA gathering. His peers think he’s a joke. That’s what he’s embarrassed about.

Amick sounded like he’s already pivoting towards covering the GM search.

Do you think Sacramento is the only place that does this? This happens everywhere and quite frankly it’s not even that bad what he’s receiving, hell Luke has gotten more hate than him. If what’s happens with Bagley happened in a bigger market than this he’d be in some trouble. If he’s looking at our comments and he’s affected by it than I’ll gladly drive him to the airport myself if he’s traded.

Also if Bagley was producing anything or looked like a future star he wouldn’t be criticized as much. At this point it’s not even about Luka going after him
'Other people are vile' is hardly a worthwhile justification. Sure, have your opinion. But don't wash your hands of any consequence.

This place always blames the fans for being too toxic or whatever so you can try to curb the hate pointed at certain other people.

You didn't need to make a post explaining that you were going to do that; it went without saying.

This place always blames the fans for being too toxic or whatever so you can try to curb the hate pointed at certain other people.

You didn't need to make a post explaining that you were going to do that; it went without saying.
Yet it never attempts to stop any blaming/toxicity towards NBA refs which is in every single game thread as to why the Kings supposedly can't win a game this year.

We can’t have nice things because we have a bad GM, a clueless owner and an organization that is underwhelming in many aspects. The proof is in the pudding with our current streak of non-playoff seasons.

There are few franchises with such a loyal, forgiving fanbase and such a team-friendly unaggressive media coverage.

The way a small group of so-called fans attacked Bagley personally is unacceptable. But it is not representative of this fanbase and a sign of the times, unfortunately. But to think that this would not happen elsewhere is wrong. If Bagley can’t handle such stuff here, he won’t be able to handle it anywhere.

Blaming negative effects of the continued dysfunction by this franchise on the fanbase is asinine, IMO.

Do you think Sacramento is the only place that does this? This happens everywhere and quite frankly it’s not even that bad what he’s receiving, hell Luke has gotten more hate than him. If what’s happens with Bagley happened in a bigger market than this he’d be in some trouble. If he’s looking at our comments and he’s affected by it than I’ll gladly drive him to the airport myself if he’s traded.

Also if Bagley was producing anything or looked like a future star he wouldn’t be criticized as much. At this point it’s not even about Luka going after him
Why should Bagley get any hate? Explain that to me please.

Why should Bagley get any hate? Explain that to me please.
He shouldn't.
But in today's world, and especially the social media world, it happens unfortunately and it is not something that will go away soon, I fear.
That means that it is a fact that Bagley has to deal with, just like every other famous sportspersons and other celebrities. If he can't, that is likely a problem for him and every franchise he will be part of.

I hear the argument that this fanbase is easier on players than others and players should and need to be able to handle criticism and hate, even when unwarranted, because everyone does it. The fanbase and how they treat their players has always been a source of pride with this franchise. That is literally the selling point for this team around the league.

We love when players like HG say how great the fans are. Beam with pride. So it really is disappointing when fans turn on a player who has not said a bad word about the fans and is suffering through some injuries. To say the player deserves it due to lack of improvement, when he hasn't played this season is not a good look, no matter how you slice it. Neither is "everyone does it" because I'm not sure it's true to that extent. But more importantly, it is incongruous to love when players and their families speak about how great the Kings fans are, like with HG and Holmes, and to also say players should be unaffected by negative fan talk.

I hear the argument that this fanbase is easier on players than others and players should and need to be able to handle criticism and hate, even when unwarranted, because everyone does it. The fanbase and how they treat their players has always been a source of pride with this franchise. That is literally the selling point for this team around the league.

We love when players like HG say how great the fans are. Beam with pride. So it really is disappointing when fans turn on a player who has not said a bad word about the fans and is suffering through some injuries. To say the player deserves it due to lack of improvement, when he hasn't played this season is not a good look, no matter how you slice it. Neither is "everyone does it" because I'm not sure it's true to that extent. But more importantly, it is incongruous to love when players and their families speak about how great the Kings fans are, like with HG and Holmes, and to also say players should be unaffected by negative fan talk.
Yes, it is a source of pride. And yes it is THE selling point, because we do not have other selling points. And that is a problem. As much as it is - and should be - a point of pride, it is likely very low on the list of reasons for players to want to come here and stay here. Being a good run franchise, being a perennial contender., having a reputation for developing players and being able to offer monetary incentives (not just by overpaying but also local advertising income - be a Pizza Guy!) are things which are much more important. Especially in today's game, where loyalty to a team has become loyalty to the NBA as Parker pointed out. He is not wrong and I don't have an issue with that. But it does show that a loyal fanbase means very little on the grander scale of things. And this franchise is more or less only good at overpaying for underperforming players.

So for me, this is shifting the discussion from what is really the problem (horrible FO) to a non sequitur (the fans are chasing players away) It is is disingenuous and reeks of Stockholm Syndrome, pardon me saying.

Who around here (or anywhere else) says that he deserves it? Serious question.
I think there is a very small and focal group on social media that say this awful stuff to Bagley (and maybe others) and I don't even know if they are real fans or just people venting their frustration of life.

He shouldn't.
But in today's world, and especially the social media world, it happens unfortunately and it is not something that will go away soon, I fear.
That means that it is a fact that Bagley has to deal with, just like every other famous sportspersons and other celebrities. If he can't, that is likely a problem for him and every franchise he will be part of.
At least we agree he should not get any hate.

As far as the follow up justification and saying he better get used to it, sure I get it. Its a tough world out there. You got to be able to eat nails and pee tacks.

But this is Kings Fans Forum and there is no place for the hate here IMO.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I don’t understand why any real fan blames a player because of injury. It’s not fair to the player, team or rest of the fan base.
Just imagine if the internet had been a thing when Michael Jordan broke his foot a couple of games into his second season and then proceeded to miss pretty much the entire year after that.

NOTE FOR THE STUPID: I am NOT comparing Marvin to the greatest player of all time.

Yes, it is a source of pride. And yes it is THE selling point, because we do not have other selling points. And that is a problem. As much as it is - and should be - a point of pride, it is likely very low on the list of reasons for players to want to come here and stay here. Being a good run franchise, being a perennial contender., having a reputation for developing players and being able to offer monetary incentives (not just by overpaying but also local advertising income - be a Pizza Guy!) are things which are much more important. Especially in today's game, where loyalty to a team has become loyalty to the NBA as Parker pointed out. He is not wrong and I don't have an issue with that. But it does show that a loyal fanbase means very little on the grander scale of things. And this franchise is more or less only good at overpaying for underperforming players.

So for me, this is shifting the discussion from what is really the problem (horrible FO) to a non sequitur (the fans are chasing players away) It is is disingenuous and reeks of Stockholm Syndrome, pardon me saying.

Who around here (or anywhere else) says that he deserves it? Serious question.
I think there is a very small and focal group on social media that say this awful stuff to Bagley (and maybe others) and I don't even know if they are real fans or just people venting their frustration of life.
I agree that it is a small vocal group. The consistency of it can and does change the tone of forums and social media though.

This is a FO and ownership issue. The franchise is poorly run from the top. That has been known for a large number of years. That's part of the Kings fan experience.

At least we agree he should not get any hate.

As far as the follow up justification and saying he better get used to it, sure I get it. Its a tough world out there. You got to be able to eat nails and pee tacks.

But this is Kings Fans Forum and there is no place for the hate here IMO.
You see hate here? I don't see it.
I see mostly reasonable and at least understandable takes. Some snarky comments but nothing really nasty.
But the word 'hate' has broader meaning nowadays than it did back in the day, so maybe I am misinterpreting.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I see mostly reasonable and at least understandable takes. Some snarky comments but nothing really nasty.
But the word 'hate' has broader meaning nowadays than it did back in the day, so maybe I am misinterpreting.
The mods have done a great job of maintaining some form of civility here. Out in the wilderness that is the rest of the internet though...

Just imagine if the internet had been a thing when Michael Jordan broke his foot a couple of games into his second season and then proceeded to miss pretty much the entire year after that.

NOTE FOR THE STUPID: I am NOT comparing Marvin to the greatest player of all time.
Lol Jordan averaged 28/6/6 in 82 games his rookie, year surely you don’t think Bagley would get criticized if he did 90% of that last year than got hurt this year.

Ya hate is the wrong word there’s a difference between hate and criticism

I quoted Joshua who used the word hate in his post relative to Walton and Bagley. You responded to my post so I did “see” it.

IMO it is poor form to criticize a player for injuries that could not be helped. Or to criticize his play in a season where he has barely played.