Kings trade Dedmon for Parker and Len (merged)

Like it or hate it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sacrameto is trading Dewayne Dedmon to Atlanta for Jabari Parker and Alex Len, sources tell @ZachLowe_NBA and me. Atlanta also gets two second round picks.

Woj

To whoever told me they could see Dedmon going back to Atlanta when I didn’t think they would have any interest in him, you were right. Wish I knew what poster called me out on it

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
didn't we go pretty hard after Parker last year and end up looking good for the miss? I don't know, they are young enough that maybe. I right now am unimpressed and I'm more irked that we signed Dedmon at all.
Len is a free agent this offseason
and Parker has a player option next season.

We turned the already team friendly Dedmon contract into something that could go away as soon as this offseason

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
From the Yahoo fantasy player reports:

Parker is out indefinitely with a right shoulder impingement, and he's yet to resume contact work. If he is cleared to play soon, or after the All-Star break, his value hinges partly on the health of Marvin Bagley (foot). If Bagley continues to miss time, it's conceivable that Parker will get enough minutes alongside Harrison Barnes to make him worth a look in standard leagues. For now, we don't recommend cutting anyone of value to add him.

Len has missed the last six games for Atlanta due to a right hip flexor strain. He will have a chance at playing time in the Sacramento frontcourt with Marvin Bagley (foot) and Richaun Holmes (shoulder) nursing injuries of their own. This trade was all about getting out of Dedmon's contract for the Kings, and the Hawks have a ton of cap space to help them out.

Key phrase to me? This trade was all about getting out of Dedmon's contract... :)

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Kings sign Dedmon and Ariza, 40 games later they gone. Word of advice to future free agents, don't sign unless you expect to be traded within a year. With that said, this trade does nothing really but free up some room to give a bit more to Bogdanovic. Len is a soft big man.

Kings sign Dedmon and Ariza, 40 games later they gone. Word of advice to future free agents, don't sign unless you expect to be traded within a year. With that said, this trade does nothing really but free up some room to give a bit more to Bogdanovic. Len is a soft big man.
I'm confused. Wouldn't players want to sign a bloated contract with the Kings and then get traded to a better organization on that cushy contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.