The ONE AND ONLY Luka Doncic discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because this organization lacks a winning culture.
I once read a book I don’t remember which but there was a sentence that I liked and it can apply here.

A Hunter one day brings a new dog to the pack, and ofc as a new comer the pack was not happy, do you think that the hunter is worried that the new dog will get along with the others?

He ofc not, he just throw the new dog inside the pack and they will rearrange the hierarchy themselves by the next morning.

Losers tends to worry about everything. Just be like the hunter(Dallas) If the dogs don’t get along keep the alpha( Doncic) and throw away the trash(denis Smith)

We worried too much about fit. Should have just drafted Doncic and throw him on court along Fox if they clash keep the better one and send the other one in exchange for Porzingis Lol,

Y’all know I love Luka but at this point I’m over the mistake, let’s move on trade all our garbage you guys for Ben or Embiid and go from there.

I thought we’d have Luka vs Fox playoff matches but that’s not happening

Y’all know I love Luka but at this point I’m over the mistake, let’s move on trade all our garbage you guys for Ben or Embiid and go from there.

I thought we’d have Luka vs Fox playoff matches but that’s not happening
Mistakes are funny things though. For example, I think Vlade knows he crapped the bed with Bagley. So with a huge whiff, does he give up on him and move him soon for some picks/assets, or does he continue trying to develop him and "build" a team around him because it would look bad trying to move on? This is where mistakes can stifle progress and circle back into more mistakes.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Mistakes are funny things though. For example, I think Vlade knows he crapped the bed with Bagley. So with a huge whiff, does he give up on him and move him soon for some picks/assets, or does he continue trying to develop him and "build" a team around him because it would look bad trying to move on? This is where mistakes can stifle progress and circle back into more mistakes.
Na, they’re going to sit on the mistake in the name of potential for the forever future. Just listen to to the local minister of propaganda’s radio program. He says Bagley will be a cornerstone of the franchise with his jersey in the rafters. Lol

That trade will happen this summer, but it’s not Vlade’s to make.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
If WCS doesn't turn this career opportunity of the century into solid gold, he might as well just give up basketball forever.
I don’t think he will

But...

I think teams will continue to give him one year deals in hopes he has a JaVale McGee like come-to-Jesus moment where he decides he’s just going to hustle his tail off all the time.

Well Carlisle is a hardass, which should be good for Willie, his worth on the market is a double cheeseburger with fries, which should motivate Willie and Luka is an incredible feeder of the ball to rolling/slashing bigs, which should help Willie.

If he blows this he belongs in China.

And when Luka has room to attack 1v1 on the wing, he waves off every big not named Kristaps. So Willie won't have to worry about looking like a fool trying to postup. Another benefit.

I don't think there's every been any question about Willie's physical ability. I could see him thriving in a more structured environment for a coach that is very clear about exactly what he wants. I could also see him playing well enough to earn himself another contract and then shifting his motor back into cruise control.

Not trading fox for Porzingis and draft Luka was malpractice and franchise crippling non move
Eh I can at least get the trade at that time. Nobody knew how Porz would recovery from injury. Fox had and still has tremendous upside. I'm more at odds with the fools who think they cannot play together, because so far Fox has shown he can be effective on the court without needing to dominate the ball. It isn't like he's Iverson out there. They could have co-existed.

Eh I can at least get the trade at that time. Nobody knew how Porz would recovery from injury. Fox had and still has tremendous upside. I'm more at odds with the fools who think they cannot play together, because so far Fox has shown he can be effective on the court without needing to dominate the ball. It isn't like he's Iverson out there. They could have co-existed.
not was an all injury who doesn’t come back from a cal surgery this isn’t 2001 and at that point Fox was terrible

Does anyone remember at the time of the pick who in the front office were the big Bagley fans? Was it Divac and Peja? Was Brandon Williams crusading for him?
Only thing i recall is Joeger wanted Luka

Does anyone remember at the time of the pick who in the front office were the big Bagley fans? Was it Divac and Peja? Was Brandon Williams crusading for him?
Only thing i recall is Joeger wanted Luka
I remember Vlade and company going to Europe to watch Luka play while knowing they had the 2nd pick. This made me believe that as long as Phoenix went with Ayton, Luka was ours. Meanwhile Bagley was working out in Sac saying all the right things.
It would be nice to know the real story behind Vlades decision, it would say a good deal about his competence as a GM.

If/when the Mavs clinch a playoff spot I would automatically rest Luka for like 2-5 games get him fresh for the first round so let him go all out. Also gives some good reps to Wright (been sneaky good) and Brunson.

I think Seth Curry has been one of the best pick ups this year he's been super solid.

I remember Vlade and company going to Europe to watch Luka play while knowing they had the 2nd pick. This made me believe that as long as Phoenix went with Ayton, Luka was ours. Meanwhile Bagley was working out in Sac saying all the right things.
It would be nice to know the real story behind Vlades decision, it would say a good deal about his competence as a GM.
Does it really matter, though?
It happened on his watch, under his responsibilities. If he let someone convince or overrule him to pass on Luka, it's on him. If he decided on his own to pass on Luka, that's on him as well.
The buck stops with Vlade, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.