Richaun Holmes Appreciation Thread

The first few games Holmes struggled because he puts a lot of pressure on himself. He still plays hard, but now has slowed down some and does not press as much. All he has ever needed is more playing time and a coach that believes in him. The talent is there and now he has growing confidence. This guy is legit and needs to keep playing.
Totally agree. I think he’s our starting center even when Bags comes back. Coach just needs to figure out how we can win with Bags and Holmes as the starting 4 and 5. And Holmes needs to work on a basic back to the basket game. It doesn’t have to become his bread and butter, but it needs to be there when it’s needed.

I hope but never expect all of our off season moves to work out. Holmes was a steal and I am sure his side saw a chance for him to shine with the Kings who really, really needed a player like him.

I do expect a move or two before the trade deadline to make our team deeper.

But if he's good then we will have to pay him more and that's bad. You're missing the hidden upside to bad players: being crappy, not attracting fans, and not having to pay high salaries. Sounds amazing doesn't it!!
Hahahaha love it!! I cant believe somebody's response to his play this season is to get scared that maybe in 2 years we might have to pay him a bigger salary. Like for real? That's where your mind goes? Smh...

Hahahaha love it!! I cant believe somebody's response to his play this season is to get scared that maybe in 2 years we might have to pay him a bigger salary. Like for real? That's where your mind goes? Smh...
I said it, but you guys are misunderstanding what I meant by it. Reading comprehension is a lost skill today.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I said it, but you guys are misunderstanding what I meant by it. Reading comprehension is a lost skill today.
If ONE person misunderstands, it might be a comprehension problem. If multiple people misunderstand, it might be a problem in how you said what you said. You're getting hung up on semantics.

You said if Holmes continues to be good, it's something to worry about. You think Vlade hired him with the hopes he'd be mediocre? You can worry about having to pay someone in TWO years when a lot can happen in between or you can sit back and enjoy the fact he's better than most of us hoped for and easily much better than the bozo he replaced.

Forgot the appreciation thread, forget the jersey retirement thread this man needs a statue outside of the New Arena, what a incredible defense force and rebounding machine he has been.

I also see lots of media people saying he's the next Harrell but to me he's already better cause Harrell is a terrible defender who can create better for himself I would take Holmes over Harrell right now. Harrell is only tough when he has the ball the guy gets bullied easily around the rim and can't protect the paint with his feet or aerial ability like Holmes.

Last edited:
Yeah, okay then. I feel there are some Kings fans who are elevating Holmes to sainthood. He was a great signing. He's a great upgrade over WCS. Even this early in his tenure with the Kings, I want him here long-term and I want him to be our starter at center. And I want him to work on a basic back to the basket game as well as a 3-pointer. In a couple of years, I think we'll have an 18 and 12 big man who will average 2 blocks a game and anchor our defense in the paint. That's a hell of a lot. But the statue and the jersey retirement will have to wait until he has helped bring us a championship.

Yeah, okay then. I feel there are some Kings fans who are elevating Holmes to sainthood. He was a great signing. He's a great upgrade over WCS. Even this early in his tenure with the Kings, I want him here long-term and I want him to be our starter at center. And I want him to work on a basic back to the basket game as well as a 3-pointer. In a couple of years, I think we'll have an 18 and 12 big man who will average 2 blocks a game and anchor our defense in the paint. That's a hell of a lot. But the statue and the jersey retirement will have to wait until he has helped bring us a championship.
Obviously I was not being serious although I like the ring of St.Holmes