[Game] Kings vs Bucks 2/27- 7PT/10ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still can’t get over how good Bledsoe looks. He was seriously dogging it in Phoenix. He plays like that in the playoffs and I don’t think anyone outside of GSW can touch them. Just a great team. Solid top to bottom. Everyone knows their roles.
It’s like the 2005 Mavericks had a baby with...well whatever Greek Gods (surely Herrcules or Zeus) conceived Giannis....such an amazing team.

I think it was the 3pt line defense. he got lost couple of times leaving Mirotic open. In fact I think he got subbed out on one such 3 that was followed by a timeout.
Yeah WCS’s defense is excellant despite his bad press. It was a defense for offense substitution on the last play I would have done. Make them think about Giles.

Yeah WCS’s defense is excellant despite his bad press. It was a defense for offense substitution on the last play I would have done. Make them think about Giles.

When they let him switch that lotto potential shows up. In the help scheme where he's charged with controlling the middle is when things fall off the rails.

Ughhhh i just promised i wouldn’t bash him but i want to so bad
Don't worry, I'll do it for you.

WCS is pretty blessed; he shows up every fifth game to do something good so people forget about the constant stinkers he puts up. The other day he pretty much singlehandedly gave KAT 30 & 20 or whatever. He played 12 minutes. How is that even physically possible? He just stood there and allowed KAT to eat his lunch, so I guess that's how it's physically possible.

And today, he plays 5 minutes of good defense down the stretch and we're supposed to be lauding him. 30+ minutes of not giving a **** and a crap turnover didn't happen now? Are we setting the bar low or what.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Another thing I've just got to get off my chest. The turnover that WCS did wasn't some ordinary turnover in crunch time. It was a left one-handed pass off the dribble done by your center. (And the center isn't named Jokic). I pointed out some time ago that Joerger should ban one handed passes off the dribble. It was bound to happen that during crunch time one of these fools who think these one-handed passes are "cool" would do a one handed pass off the dribble and have it cost the game. It really makes me feel no better whatsoever that I called this out ahead of time. It just infuriates me that much more that Joerger didn't put a stop to it earlier. What has to happen? For every single bad habit to cost a close game before this team can learn? Isn't that what the coach is for - to stop these bad habits ahead of time so you don't lose the game because of them?

gunks

Hall of Famer
Brook Lopez was 3 for 15 tonight! The turnover was super deflating, worst play of the game - no doubt a bout it. Willie is not the reason the Kings lost this game tonight, and frankly not even close...
Don't forget that clutch putback that got us in the position for OT on the first place!

Horrible TO, but yeah, as usual he's getting the Lion's share of the blame.

after his last performance, give me Koufos and Burks over Bjeli.

I think the Kings need the shooting. If he comes in completely disinterested then whatever it takes, but the only thing we know is worse than Bagley and Willie right now, is Kosta and Willie ever.

Another thing I've just got to get off my chest. The turnover that WCS did wasn't some ordinary turnover in crunch time. It was a left one-handed pass off the dribble done by your center. (And the center isn't named Jokic). I pointed out some time ago that Joerger should ban one handed passes off the dribble. It was bound to happen that during crunch time one of these fools who think these one-handed passes are "cool" would do a one handed pass off the dribble and have it cost the game. It really makes me feel no better whatsoever that I called this out ahead of time. It just infuriates me that much more that Joerger didn't put a stop to it earlier. What has to happen? For every single bad habit to cost a close game before this team can learn? Isn't that what the coach is for - to stop these bad habits ahead of time so you don't lose the game because of them?

The college offense is alive and well still. The difference is it seems to find itself turning into a pick and roll at some point which should be the idea.

Just continuous amounts of "learning lumps" this team needs to take. The talent is absolutely there now to compete with the best. Its past the point of being fluky with how we've been able to bring out of the top games from the best teams in the NBA. Its the little things, the execution that we've failed at time and time again this season. The WCS turnover and Fox not even getting an attempt off cost us 2 possessions in crunch time in a 1 pt game. Bogi not hitting his free throws to give us a chance (and then makes the 3 anyway...).

Has to be at least 8 or 9 games now this season where if we shifted just a few minor things in our favor to do correctly in crunch time, we win the game. Just got to hope these guys keep learning from their mistakes and apply it to the rest of the season and future seasons.

I still can’t get over how good Bledsoe looks. He was seriously dogging it in Phoenix. He plays like that in the playoffs and I don’t think anyone outside of GSW can touch them. Just a great team. Solid top to bottom. Everyone knows their roles.
But Bledoe doesn’t play like that often. That’s why he’s a 15/5 guy and barely above 30% 3pt shooter. Averages don’t lie. He’s a good player that has great games like tonight every once in a while. But every worthwhile starter in the league has a standout game here and there. He’s never been a difference maker and he’s almost 30.

Like Denver, I know a lot of people are high on Milwaukee. But I’m just not sold. Like Denver, I feel like they are more of a regular season team. I could see them out by Round 2 if they don’t get the right matchup. Not only do I think they aren’t as good as Philly, I’m not sure they’re better than Boston or Indiana come playoff time. But it is the East and not the West so they very well could make the Finals. I like Giannis, but his lack of a strong perimeter game will be more visible in a series against a good team IMO.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying they aren’t good — I just think they are talked about and treated as some great team already and they’ve accomplished and proven nothing. The KINGS have a lot of flaws and played w/o Bagley the entire 4th quarter and could have beaten them.

Great regular season this year, no doubt, but I remember ATL winning 60 not that long ago and Denver winning 57 (I think?) under Karl before he came to SAC and neither amounted to squat.

I may be completely wrong, but I just don’t see that team coming up big and clutch when the pressure mounts in the postseason against other good teams. We’ll see.

The biggest play of the game — aside from MB3’s injury — was the final play of regulation. The KINGS had their chance for the outright win and didn’t even get a shot. That’s inexcusable. Just can’t happen.

I really hate how the NBA breaks down to ISO ball on last possessions. Why can’t anyone — other than the old era Spurs — run an actual play? This 1-4 flat crap sucks and is so predictable and easier to stop when heavy contact is permitted in the final seconds.

Coach Joerger has been so good at drawing up plays out of time outs and the team has been good at executing them. I would rather see them run a play with options based off what the defense does.

In OT, the Willie Trill turnover killed them, as did the defensive scramble that allowed Brogdan to get the open 3 just before the shot clock expired.

They had their chances but blew it at every turn. Gotta clean that up.

That all said, it was a FUN game to attend and the crowd was off the hook. Loudest I’ve heard it at G1C of all the games I’ve attended. It was great. Can’t imagine what a playoff game might be like. Perhaps reminiscent of ARCO if not the same.

But Bledoe doesn’t play like that often. That’s why he’s a 15/5 guy and barely above 30% 3pt shooter. Averages don’t lie. He’s a good player that has great games like tonight every once in a while. But every worthwhile starter in the league has a standout game here and there. He’s never been a difference maker and he’s almost 30.

Like Denver, I know a lot of people are high on Milwaukee. But I’m just not sold. Like Denver, I feel like they are more of a regular season team. I could see them out by Round 2 if they don’t get the right matchup. Not only do I think they aren’t as good as Philly, I’m not sure they’re better than Boston or Indiana come playoff time. But it is the East and not the West so they very well could make the Finals. I like Giannis, but his lack of a strong perimeter game will be more visible in a series against a good team IMO.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying they aren’t good — I just think they are talked about and treated as some great team already and they’ve accomplished and proven nothing. The KINGS have a lot of flaws and played w/o Bagley the entire 4th quarter and could have beaten them.

Great regular season this year, no doubt, but I remember ATL winning 60 not that long ago and Denver winning 57 (I think?) under Karl before he came to SAC and neither amounted to squat.

I may be completely wrong, but I just don’t see that team coming up big and clutch when the pressure mounts in the postseason against other good teams. We’ll see.
uhhh... lol. You're completely wrong. Also, Giannis a minutes limit might have had an impact on this game staying close no?

They're incredibly deep
Everyone in their starting 5 is an excellent defender with length
They have lethal 3pt shooting that got even more absurd with the addition of Mirotic
They have legit 2nd and 3rd options who can create their own shot and for others in Middleton and Bledsoe
Oh and they have a top 3 MVP candidate who is the favorite to win it.

Its about as perfectly crafted a team can get around just one superstar. Bledsoe has been excellent on both ends the whole season. Virtually every advanced metric views him in as being a highly impactful player.

Well that was pretty much the worst case scenario for that game. Lose Marvin to injury, fail to execute with multiple chances to win the game in both regular and OT. Tire ourselves out ahead of a team we match up woefully with (LAC).

Ever the optimist, I am. Good that we could hang with the Bucks at home but I'm not a big fan of moral victories.

Status
Not open for further replies.