[Game] Kings v. Heat - Friday, 2/8 - 7PT/10ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miami is not that solid. They were 25-27 before this game. However, they had a better road record than at home. Go figure.
The Heat locked 'em down the 1st quarter, but then petered out in the 4th luckily for Kings. Heat couldn't make any shots, and then the Kings finally got better under the basket.

LOL page 14 is absolutely hilarious in this thread. Why do these guys continue to put us through this?

The Willie hating contingent here is like watching someone woefully overplay a blackjack hand... it's like they've got 20, the dealers showing a 4, and they demand a double-down.

The part I really dont get is; at what point do our guys get the benefit of the doubt?? a 10pt lead is nothing against this kings team, that means maybe u bought yourself 2 minutes of hiccups, thats it tho.

People keep sayign this was an ugly win too. This was a great win as far as im concerned, they willed it to be, it looked good to me.... Heat players looked like they knew they were gonna lose as this game came down the final furlong.... It was all over Whitesides face for sure...

Last night was a classic battle of speed/quickness vs strength. What did Joerger say post game? he said James Johnson is is not a good matchup for Marvin -- right now --- he will be though...

Thats what I thought I was watching, "we will whoop this type of team in a season or 2, looks like we can beat them now too"... definitely never thought this was out of reach, we're not watching lightning strike in the same place over and over, this is within our capacity to steal games liek this..

I'm more optimistic than your average joe, i do think tho with this team the optimism is warranted....

Not only did the Kings win... They covered the spread too... It's amazing how we see, that, what just took place, and somehow after the dust settles the books were right on the number lol.

The Kings are now 33-22-1 against the spread this year, 3rd best in the league.. The Bucks and the Mavericks are the only teams better ATS and its only by a game or 2....

well for 3 and half qtrs. , it was an ugly win
but Cardiac Kings came thru in the end
but with a new starter and a new bench player and no practice together I can live with that

I don't go on a rant very often here, but here I go:

I am a little tired of people here complaining about Bogie, all I saw when I reviewed the thread was "take him out,
Bogi sucks, he should not be playing" You know who you are...

Well lets review here, he was 7 0f 16, 2for4 for 3, second highest point total, spend more energy than his teammates
running around the floor to get an open shot, 5 boards, 4 assists

Other that Buddy and maybe fox, he works sooooooo frickin hard on that floor

and this is how you treat him? Has be been in a shooting slump as of late , yes

HE IS STILL OUR #2 SG AND BELONGS ON THIS TEAM AND ON THE FLOOR

Shame on all of you haters

OK good, I feel better
My apologies in advance , yeah I know I am gonna catch all sorts of ****

Last edited by a moderator:
but with a new starter and a new bench player and no practice together I can live with that

I am a little tired of people here complaining about Bogie, all I saw when I reviewed the thread was "take him out,
Bogi sucks, he should not be playing" You know who you are - cough (Slab, Kings of California and assorted others)

Well lets review here, he was 7 0f 16, 2for4 for 3, second highest point total, spend more energy than his teammates

OK good, I feel better
My apologies in advance , yeah I know I am gonna catch all sorts of crap
Good point. Bogdan, like the team, played horrible today until the 4th then came alive. Not his best game as he forced some stuff he didn’t need to. But I think some of that is by design. He is working on his Harden step back 3 but it’s not there yet. He needs a summer not playing and not injured to refine it.

I want him gone and I want him gone now. I'm absolutely done with this clown and I'm also done hiding my feelings from any Willie apologists still hanging around here. This dude does not belong on our team and personally I don't think he'll be in the league in a few years. Better men will overtake him and there are plenty. This is absolutely pathetic, but I'm not surprised. Totally classless. Goodbye. And yes, I'll tolerate him for now and if he wants to help us make a run, fine. But I'm totally done with this low IQ clown. Ship him out... except probably nobody wants him. This joker claims he wants a big contract. Suck it Willie. Just go suck it. Retire. Now. you could have gone after that board/put back/anything. I want him GONE GONE GONE. I'M 100% DONE.

I will be harassing, insulting, making fun of, ridiculing, humiliating, and explaining why Willie Cauley-Stein belongs nowhere near our team going forward. I'm not making any more excuses for him or explaining away all of his super negative, demoralizing comments. And any Willie supporters I will be fully arguing against from here on out. I've seen, and heard, enough. This is NOT a person you go to battle with.

He's living in the clouds if he thinks he can get near 20M next year. If he can, by all means, enjoy. We sure as hell won't be be paying that. He's literally the 7th on the depth chart (Fox, Bagley, Buddy, Barnes, Bogi, Giles... THEN Willie) lol. 20M my ass. That's MY MONEY you fool. GTFO. Good RIDDANCE.

I don't care about any "stats" I don't care about anything other than what my eyes tell me. Good. BYE.
You really should learn to express your true feelings.

Bogi sucks, he should not be playing" You know who you are - cough (Slab, Kings of California and assorted others)

OK good, I feel better
Yes, he worked it out in the end. He has the longest leash on the team. Since he has the ball a lot on offense, the team has to struggle along with him until he finds his groove. We could argue if that's productive or not during a playoff push. But we got the win.

OK good, I feel better
No crap here. I agree, sort of. I just see it as heat-of-moment comments by passionate fans. Fans are (by definition) irrational, you know? Pitchforks one moment and love festing the next. Makes me dizzy sometimes.

Not much to add here to these 24 pages, except the crowd was the loudest its been over a sustained amount of time out of the games I've been to this year (~12). The defense chants down the stretch were Arco-esque level from back in the late 90s. Pretty fun to experience that again after all these years. Has me giddy and buying tickets left and right to enjoy the ride.

Willie got a lot of crap in the first 3.5 quarters, and deservedly so. He was playing like
crap. But he was very instrumental in the 4th to get this win. His Def, going after rebounds, clutch ft all helped win this game. I don't mind people upset in the heat of the moment but after this win, you have to see how important he was and we had no one else that could really replace him last night. Bogie was kinda the same. Took him about 3 quarters to get going but in the end he came through his stats came back to the mean. I think if he limits the hero ball, overdribbling step back 3s then he would look like normal Bogie to everyone. His spot up 3 and mid range are still there. It's just that overdribbling that sticks in your mind. Like I said I understand the hate in the game thread at the moment, but at the end of they day, give credit where credit is due.

That is not a good look. I don't think WCS really likes playing basketball for real.[/QUOTE
The Willie hating contingent here is like watching someone woefully overplay a blackjack hand... it's like they've got 20, the dealers showing a 4, and they demand a double-down.

The part I really dont get is; at what point do our guys get the benefit of the doubt?? a 10pt lead is nothing against this kings team, that means maybe u bought yourself 2 minutes of hiccups, thats it tho.

People keep sayign this was an ugly win too. This was a great win as far as im concerned, they willed it to be, it looked good to me.... Heat players looked like they knew they were gonna lose as this game came down the final furlong.... It was all over Whitesides face for sure...

Last night was a classic battle of speed/quickness vs strength. What did Joerger say post game? he said James Johnson is is not a good matchup for Marvin -- right now --- he will be though...

Thats what I thought I was watching, "we will whoop this type of team in a season or 2, looks like we can beat them now too"... definitely never thought this was out of reach, we're not watching lightning strike in the same place over and over, this is within our capacity to steal games liek this..

I'm more optimistic than your average joe, i do think tho with this team the optimism is warranted....
I don't think it's "hating" to point out that Willie appears to to give less than 100% effort during stretches of games.
Add to that his post offense seems to have regressed since the beginning of the season.

Fox is tired. He might not have played enough to really hit the wall his rookie year but he's been bashing up against it the last month or so off an on. When he gets tired you can tell because he forces it into the paint. I want to see this team defer a little more to Barnes. Once they realize they have a player they can iso it will take some pressure off of Fox to do it. Bogdan too. Bogdan is so good in pick and roll he needs to force feed himself.
I can't say I agree. I'm not sure why a high scoring team, ladden with shooters, would want to defer to any one player. Are we talking about plays drawn up out of timeouts in short clock situations? It confuses me because the whole point of having so many capable scorers is that any one player can burn the defense, especially if they have an open look. I wouldn't be Keen on bogging down the offense so we can throw it to Barnes and let him go through his ISO moves package.

The Heat defense gave the Kings fits. They have a lot of long hard working veteran guys that can hide their zone.
What is new is that the Kings beat the Heat with their defense, especially the second half of the fourth quarter.
Barnes is a great fit. He is like Shumpert with better offense.
Burks looks like he belongs out there.
The Kings now are able to steal some games they always used to lose.

Willie is so damn frustrating. I'm 100% positive at this point that he just chooses not to protect the rim until he thinks it's needed. This is probably the 5th or 6th game this year where he's given zero rim protection all game until the last 5 minutes or so and then all the sudden he magically turns into Kentucky WCS and starts blocking people left and right. It's not just a coincidence that his blocks usually seem to come within a couple minutes of each other and they usually seem to come at the end of games. I mean 0.8blks per36 for a guy with Willie's length and athleticism? Come on man. This team would be sitting 7th in the standings right now if Willie put in the work on rim protection. But for whatever reason, he chooses not to until it's absolutely necessary.

I've come to realize that Willie might just simply be pacing himself. It might be athletically impossible to play breakneck for 30 minutes in his body. So maybe with Willie it's gonna be "what you see is what you get" and we have to learn to accept it and appreciate the six good minutes.

It's not like Vlade never took a play off back in the day...

By the way I can't like - I did not have a good time most of the game last night. But I kept telling my wife "God if we could only pause playing like crap for 5 minutes we would stop these scrubs" and.... hey we did.

A guy said to us on his way out of his seats "it's a sign that you're good if you can play like crap and still win". he wasn't wrong.

Willie got a lot of crap in the first 3.5 quarters, and deservedly so. He was playing like
crap. But he was very instrumental in the 4th to get this win. His Def, going after rebounds, clutch ft all helped win this game. I don't mind people upset in the heat of the moment but after this win, you have to see how important he was and we had no one else that could really replace him last night. Bogie was kinda the same. Took him about 3 quarters to get going but in the end he came through his stats came back to the mean. I think if he limits the hero ball, overdribbling step back 3s then he would look like normal Bogie to everyone. His spot up 3 and mid range are still there. It's just that overdribbling that sticks in your mind. Like I said I understand the hate in the game thread at the moment, but at the end of they day, give credit where credit is due.
Seems the issue is willie just plays too much. Needs to come off the bench and coach can insert him in game if way through the 4th would solve all issues

I don't hate on Willie. I mentioned in another thread that WCS actually used to be my favorite player, I was a huge fan - and he is the reason I started following the Kings in the first place and eventually became a serious fan. How many times every game are people posting "IF Willie could play with this energy/enthusiasm/motor etc... every game then he would be a great player". The "IF" criticism never stops because WCS has yet to show he can play this way on a consistent basis. I get that we are winning and that is great. Of course I love that. But WCS is a problem most games, and it's tiresome saying the "if he could just play like this all the time" mantra over and over again.

Maybe John Galt is correct in the post above this - but Willie's demeanor on the court leads me to believe that he legitimately does not enjoy playing basketball, as if it's sort of a chore for him. It's just a personal observation. Regardless, as long as he's a king I will always root for him to get better.

I've come to realize that Willie might just simply be pacing himself.
I don't buy this. I think what can happen in crunch time when a team is watching their lead slip away, especially a bad or average team is that they become more frantic and adamant about getting to the rim. They are desperate to stop the momentum against them. Their discernment and execution slips in this heightened emotional state. This makes them susceptible to getting stripped and shot blocked. Willie has been there to take advantage of that. I am not discrediting him for making those plays down the stretch, but I don't think he's pacing himself. He's just not engage mentally and he's soft physically. Do you happen to notice we don't throw the ball to him in the low post anymore? He might be brooding about that in addition to the "injustice" of the trade deadline.

I want him gone and I want him gone now. I'm absolutely done with this clown and I'm also done hiding my feelings from any Willie apologists still hanging around here. This dude does not belong on our team and personally I don't think he'll be in the league in a few years. Better men will overtake him and there are plenty. This is absolutely pathetic, but I'm not surprised. Totally classless. Goodbye. And yes, I'll tolerate him for now and if he wants to help us make a run, fine. But I'm totally done with this low IQ clown. Ship him out... except probably nobody wants him. This joker claims he wants a big contract. Suck it Willie. Just go suck it. Retire. Now. you could have gone after that board/put back/anything. I want him GONE GONE GONE. I'M 100% DONE.

I will be harassing, insulting, making fun of, ridiculing, humiliating, and explaining why Willie Cauley-Stein belongs nowhere near our team going forward. I'm not making any more excuses for him or explaining away all of his super negative, demoralizing comments. And any Willie supporters I will be fully arguing against from here on out. I've seen, and heard, enough. This is NOT a person you go to battle with.

He's living in the clouds if he thinks he can get near 20M next year. If he can, by all means, enjoy. We sure as hell won't be be paying that. He's literally the 7th on the depth chart (Fox, Bagley, Buddy, Barnes, Bogi, Giles... THEN Willie) lol. 20M my ass. That's MY MONEY you fool. GTFO. Good RIDDANCE.

I don't care about any "stats" I don't care about anything other than what my eyes tell me. Good. BYE.
I'm just curious what everyone who got upset with this video wanted Willie to do here? There was about 1 second on the game clock when the shot went up. Sure, he could've run towards the basket to go after the rebound, but there wasn't going to be a rebound (the half was over). There were plenty of things to criticize about Willie's play in this game, but this play wasn't one of them.

It is a little thing that has stuck in my craw but Willie doesn't acknowledge the sweet passes he gets. Bogi or Fox will drop a perfect pass into his bread basket and you would think he is doing them a favor. Is it so hard to show a little love? It is called camaraderie. Owen Benjamin has this skit where he talks about allowing a motorist into his lane in a traffic jam and he doesn't get the "wave", a show off appreciation on the road. Aghast at the lack of basic humanity Owen stalks the guy for 100 miles to let him know about it. This is comedy not reality in case anyone had any doubts. Anyway the I-appreciate-you gesture is good for your karma and collective spirit. The lack thereof reflects upon the diva complex and the sense of entitlement with Willie. I know it sounds like I am nitpicking but this is a real thing! Bagley will give a nice pass gesture to a teammate even when the pass was not instrumental. Same with HG. Do you know why in theory we will sorely miss a guy like Shump to provide that energy and chemistry instrumental to our success? It is partly because the guy on the roster you would normally look to, the 5 year vet, the "anchor of your defense", is incapable of providing that intangible ingredient. It is irony that the guy hardest hit by these trades is the guy under normal circumstances would be rallying force to mitigate their departure. In other words if WIllie was a stronger personality and more capable leader on and off the court, losing Shump would hardly register in the collective psyche.

OK good, I feel better
He had been playing really bad for a couple games...he really redeemed himself at the end of this one. But good point JB!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.