[Game] Kings @ Rockets - Saturday, Nov. 17 - 5:00 PM PT

I mean... it’s only 12 points.

Feels like 35 though.
Joerger is putting some magic 8 ball lineups out there that just don't have enough firepower to explode consistently so it's wild swings up and down. A 12 point lead can seem insurmountable. The Kings MO all season has been getting back in games after going on runs. I'm seeing some lineups where I'm not sure that's possible.

One of the obvious points on the season so far is if Bjelica doesn't have a good game, it's really hard for the Kings to win. If he has a bad game it's almost impossible.

It's just bizarre. But it's the lack of run potential from game to game in the end. JJ can maybe get one of those runs going every 8 games or so but that's a gamble.

They just have to guard the pick and roll; otherwise, absolutely zero chance.
Yeah, teams are starting to slice and dice the old school over the top deal. The Kings will get destroyed from the short 3 if they do what Doug suggested. You have to have mix of switching in there, maybe some ice. Also load the direction of your defenders to one side and force the ball there. Playing off isn't an option most nights either.

One of the obvious points on the season so far is if Bjelica doesn't have a good game, it's really hard for the Kings to win. If he has a bad game it's almost impossible.
Wondering if our start was just pure luck fueled by Bjelica being an all-star for 8 games. Starting to look that way

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Yeah, teams are starting to slice and dice the old school over the top deal. The Kings will get destroyed from the short 3 if they do what Doug suggested. You have to have mix of switching in there, maybe some ice. Also load the direction of your defenders to one side and force the ball there. Playing off isn't an option most nights either.
Christie actually changed his view of getting weak-side help, as there is no weak side guy that is anywhere close to being able to cover that designed pick and roll. Whatever it is, the Kings have been terrible with the pick and roll, and the odd thing is that WCS has been killed on it, when you would think the rook Bagley would be the victim.

Dang it, that week of practice gave Joerger time to put in more high post sets. We've seen less and less pick and roll to start games and halves in these last two and it's still UGLY. C'mon dude.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I think it’s pretty safe to say Bjelica isn’t nearly the player he showed the first few games, and Thibs isn’t nearly as stupid as we all thought.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Imagine if Willie (or really any player) simply TRIED as hard as Buddy Hield always does.

He doesn’t always do the best thing. But he’s always hustling his tail off.

Christie actually changed his view of getting weak-side help, as there is no weak side guy that is anywhere close to being able to cover that designed pick and roll. Whatever it is, the Kings have been terrible with the pick and roll, and the odd thing is that WCS has been killed on it, when you would think the rook Bagley would be the victim.
In general the Kings have played off the corners with a small unit since Joerger got here it hasn't worked very well. He's tried other sets, it's time to start mixing and matching I think.